Fastpass+ for 7DMT...impossible to get?

disneydudette

This is also one of the SLOWEST weeks of the year... at 10a this morning... Soarin' had a 5min wait. Yesterday I peeked at Everest, RockinRC, and SpcM... 5min and 10min waits throughout the afternoon/evening.

So while waits on 7DMT this week will peak at 50mins... 2 weeks ago they were at 70min+.

7DMT is still considered the 'top' attraction FP+ for MK... so naturally... everyone attempts to pull it. Wait times have no impact when you're 60days out... people simply want to experience the newest attraction with little wait.

Could you luck out and catch a small wait time? Absolutely. Do you want to chance it? FP+ says you don't have to.

lebeau

Check this out from TP.com's FP+ page:

Magic Kingdom Attractions In Our Touring Plans That Rarely Require FastPass+
These include:

You may be surprised to see Seven Dwarfs Mine Train appear in this category, but our research shows that waits are very manageable early and late in the day. That means that it is easy to ride the Magic Kingdom's newest coaster without using one of your valuable FastPass+ selections, thereby saving it for one of the big 6 above.

WorldKey

This is starting to make a lot more sense to me now. In effect, by doing things this way (FP+, MyDisneyExperience, mobile app) it's possible that more people are taking advantage of 'getting' a FP (and ahead of time) and therefore making the standby lines shrink and putting most of the riders in nice orderly sequence. Which means that having to do standby once in a while may not be so bad. I can wait 1/2 hour or so but anything 60 minutes plus is not worth waiting for IMO. That's a lot of time you could use doing something else fun in the parks. Of course we always go in September/October so I'm spoiled.

raymusiccity

Can we retitle this thread:

Fastpass+ for 7DMT...unneccessary to get?

I have been checking wait times this week. They are usually moderate. Early and late in the day, the listed wait times are around 15 minutes.

Well, sure, all the kids are back in school. There's a small window of opportunity before all of the Fall breaks start kicking in. :)

AmberFaith90

We scored a 7DMT on our 60 days out in July. We didn't get Anna and Elsa M&G though, but I'm hoping since September is supposedly a slow month, that we won't have to wait over an hour.

CTXRover

I guess they are hard to get even 60 days out now. Granted that we are only headed to WDW for 2 days after an upcoming cruise, so our days to select from were limited. Our 60 day window opened last night and at midnight, there were no FP availability for SDMT, Anna or Elsa or FOF parade. We chose another 'mountain' instead to use our FP+ on and will try standby for SDMT later in the day.

doctornick

You may be surprised to see Seven Dwarfs Mine Train appear in this category, but our research shows that waits are very manageable early and late in the day. That means that it is easy to ride the Magic Kingdom's newest coaster without using one of your valuable FastPass+ selections, thereby saving it for one of the big 6 above.

I don't really get this. I mean, if you go first thing in the morning or late at night, you can get on PPF without a terrible wait either. Heck, Splash is always a walk on first thing in the morning -- who wants to get wet at 9am? If you want to ride 7DMT mid-day, you have to wait quite a bit without FP+ -- just like all of the suggested options.

The suggestion seems to come from the idea that if you optimize your touring, you can do the 7DMT without a big wait. That's true, but could be said about any ride really.

lebeau

I don't really get this. I mean, if you go first thing in the morning or late at night, you can get on PPF without a terrible wait either. Heck, Splash is always a walk on first thing in the morning -- who wants to get wet at 9am? If you want to ride 7DMT mid-day, you have to wait quite a bit without FP+ -- just like all of the suggested options.

The suggestion seems to come from the idea that if you optimize your touring, you can do the 7DMT without a big wait. That's true, but could be said about any ride really.

Apparently according to their research, 7DMT requires FP less than those other attractions.

Since you can easily get a FP for those other rides, it makes sense to do so and ride 7DMT early or late.

RSoxNo1

At Seven Dwarfs Mine Train they have a makeshift area devoted to even and odd number groups. At the Standby/Fastpass merge point they are arranging groups accordingly to load as efficiently as possible. It's possible that the reduced Fastpass+ availability was also a function of the attraction not reaching the intended capacity. I doubt this will be a long term thing, but it's hard to tell when the Fastpass+ #s will be tweaked (or if that's the actual issue).

Thumper14

I tried to get my FP+ for 7DMT when I was 60 days out. They were all gone. I tried several times a day and all times of the day and night. This past Sunday, I decided to give it one more try, and ALAS they were there. We are only visiting for 3 days and are on a tight schedule. I managed to snatch the 9:50 pm slot for the Saturday night we will be taking advantage of the late EMH at MK. The same thing happen for my 33rd Anniversary on April 27 earlier this year. I managed to secure an ADR while online on a lazy Sunday morning after I had had given up any hope, just 30 days out. If you think it is impossible just keep trying! Wishes really do come true.

Yes, I know Touring Lines says you do not need FP for 7DMT especially late night. But when you are on a quest to do 4 parks in just 3 days, it is very necessary. And my son's girlfriend, Ariel, is joining us for her first trip to WDW.

50s Primetime ADR check
Sci-fi ADR check
Magic bands customized check
Online check for Boardwalk Villas check
Disney Magical Express arranged check
Toy Story FP+ check
Joined Trip Club November 2014 check
Ordered WDWMagic button check
7DMT FP+ check
BOG lunch waiting on invite due on Sunday-of course

A unexpected bonus trip, but must do 4 Parks in 3 days!  

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom