Fastpass+ for 7DMT...impossible to get?

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
I missed the opening by a few weeks but we're going back in October because I am determined to try the new ride...for those of you out there booking 7DMT Fastpasses...is it possible to get any times? Or is this like that Anna Elsa meet-and-greet situation where there is nothing available? I can't make my picks until 30 days before either so am I completely out of the running? Some encouragement would be appreciated ;)

I missed the opening by a few weeks but we're going back in October because I am determined to try the new ride...for those of you out there booking 7DMT Fastpasses...is it possible to get any times? Or is this like that Anna Elsa meet-and-greet situation where there is nothing available? I can't make my picks until 30 days before either so am I completely out of the running? Some encouragement would be appreciated ;)

We rode it during the soft opening, and loved it!

However, we had plans to go back last Saturday, and this Saturday, and I have had no luck getting FP+ for either it, or the Anna and Elsa M&G.

Festivus

I am going the week of July 4th and was able to get FP's for 10 people on 2 different days. I was also able to change the times as well after acquiring them. I stayed on top of the announcement that FP's were available for the ride and was able to get them. I recommend reserving them the first day of your window of availability, just to be safe...

JohnD

I think that by 60 days out from your October trip you should be fine. Obviously, this is conjecture. Nobody knows because 60 days out from October 1 is August 3.

JasonDeyoung

I have it available everyday I'll be there mid July, even the frozen people are open every day but I am having issues with the lion king though... Keeps saying it's closed (it's now fixed and lion king is booked) :D

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Best of luck. :) We'll be looking to get ours too.

SorcererDonald16

FWIW, I got 2 FP+ with overlap for Opening Day a couple of days beforehand, and a 3rd one (we are a party of 3) the night before for a totally different time. Never could change the third one to overlap, but it worked out because one of us couldn't ride anyway due to back problems. You just have to keep checking. We buy our tickets when we check in to our resort, so I had no 30 or 60 day advantage. I wish I had because it was a royal pain to book some things.

I did get 3 Anna and Elsa FP+ the night before my first MK day too (the 24 hour day-- one for in the morning, 2 late at night), so it can be done. Just have to keep trying! I do find the website easier to manage than that App, which didn't even work for me 40% of the time. The key is to take whatever time that pops up (if only one time pops up), even if it's just for one person or if it is for more than one but they don't work for you or don't overlap. Take it and then you can keep checking to change times. Once you get an actual FP+, it becomes easier to manage, IMO.

GL to you.

jlsHouston

Well I can't get 7DMT FP's for any of my dates 8/14-8/24. Now that just sucks. Yes my own fault, I didn't jump on the 60 day opening like I should have obviously because I've been busy and distracted. Now I am busy, distracted and ANNOYED

cw1982

Well I can't get 7DMT FP's for any of my dates 8/14-8/24. Now that just sucks. Yes my own fault, I didn't jump on the 60 day opening like I should have obviously because I've been busy and distracted. Now I am busy, distracted and ANNOYED

Odds are someone will change theirs between now and then so do like you would if you were looking for a tough ADR and keep trying.

disney4life2008

At 60 days out you should be fine but make sure you are happy with the time you pick because it will fill faster than the other rides.

I am there a week before you - I tried to change my time and there are no times listed for the entire week I am there. I appreciate FP+ that I can reserve 3 attractions per day in advance but I dislike that all of the FP+ are gone. At least with legacy FP I could gauge when rides like TSMM would run out and still likely be able to ride once or twice (if not more). Under the new system - at least with mine train it seems its one and thats it because I refuse to stand in a line longer than 30 minutes.

jlsHouston

I am there a week before you - I tried to change my time and there are no times listed for the entire week I am there. I appreciate FP+ that I can reserve 3 attractions per day in advance but I dislike that all of the FP+ are gone. At least with legacy FP I could gauge when rides like TSMM would run out and still likely be able to ride once or twice (if not more). Under the new system - at least with mine train it seems its one and thats it because I refuse to stand in a line longer than 30 minutes.
Yah I knew I hated FP+ last year in November when you could still double dip. I had nothing but issues trying to use it this year in March and then again in May if we were running behind "schedule". I just have had a crazy summer with all sorts of issues and couldn't even think about the August trip yet back in June....and so now...3 weeks a way and I'm trying to put some FP times in and gee..nothing ...zip for 7DMT...
Not that I'm going to WDW just because of 7DMT but gee 10 days on property and I can't get a freaking FP for the 4 of us once? That's pretty bad IMO.

cw1982

Yah I knew I hated FP+ last year in November when you could still double dip. I had nothing but issues trying to use it this year in March and then again in May if we were running behind "schedule". I just have had a crazy summer with all sorts of issues and couldn't even think about the August trip yet back in June....and so now...3 weeks a way and I'm trying to put some FP times in and gee..nothing ...zip for 7DMT...
Not that I'm going to WDW just because of 7DMT but gee 10 days on property and I can't get a freaking FP for the 4 of us once? That's pretty bad IMO.

Did you try booking them one at a time to see if you could get four individual ones that all overlap? I agree it's more hassle than should be necessary, but it might be worth it if you can snag them that way. You can all still get in line together as long as everyone is within their hour plus the wiggle room of five minutes early and 15 minutes late.

jlsHouston

Did you try booking them one at a time to see if you could get four individual ones that all overlap? I agree it's more hassle than should be necessary, but it might be worth it if you can snag them that way. You can all still get in line together as long as everyone is within their hour plus the wiggle room of five minutes early and 15 minutes late.
yah...tried that...for the past 3 days...

cw1982

yah...tried that...for the past 3 days...

:(

This is going to sound bad, but I learned that one of the best things that can happen is for another ride that you have a FP+ to break down during your window lol. Then you get to either use that pass for the same ride later or use it for pretty much anything else in whichever park the ride that went down is in (there's an official list, but the list includes most of the good rides anyway, and does include 7DMT). We ended up getting to ride EE twice in one day that way in June. Maybe you'll have something like that pan out, if nothing else.

jlsHouston

:(

This is going to sound bad, but I learned that one of the best things that can happen is for another ride that you have a FP+ to break down during your window lol. Then you get to either use that pass for the same ride later or use it for pretty much anything else in whichever park the ride that went down is in (there's an official list, but the list includes most of the good rides anyway, and does include 7DMT). We ended up getting to ride EE twice in one day that way in June. Maybe you'll have something like that pan out, if nothing else.

Yah...I'm not going to worry too much about it. I imagine the standby lines for it are beyond anything I would do...I had FP's for it twice when it was in soft opening and both times missed the window because Jim had us eating at Wolfgangs once and Yak & Yeti the other time....unfortunately I am always at WDW with people who have different priorities than I....and with him, we do it his way because he barely tolerates WDW as it is and is indulging me tagging along for these trips this year...it's all about the food and the resort, and the parks and rides and attractions are way down on his list. Except Soarin, now he will stand in line for Soarin and forego food. Go figure.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I tried to book 60 days out for a trip in mid-September and I could get the Fastpass, but the earliest time was later in the day.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Would it be foolish to assume that the demand for 7DMT will lessen by October. Would walk-on standby be unreasonable? I can't believe FP+ is so bogged down with timed reservations 30 days or even 60 days out. Wow.

DManRightHere

Just go at opening and you get to use your FP for something else. That's what we do with toy story since it's not really worth FPing anything in HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom