Fastpass change, unsure why?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Today I got an email from WDW telling me that due to a ‘scheduling’ change one of my FP selections had been amended.
It’s for Kilimanjaro Safari on the one evening we plan to visit AK to try experience it on an evening rather than the usual morning slot we get.

Was booked for 6.55-7.55pm. And we have 2 other FP in from 5.20pm prior to the KS one that evening and they’ve moved it to 3.55-4.55pm.

Main problem is we can’t arrive to AK that evening until 5.00pm at the very earliest due to other plans so a bit stuck!
Have already tried to modify the others to make it somehow work but with one being FOP you’ll realise it’s aint to easy especially when we are playing with only a 3 hour window...

Park hours haven’t altered and still open til 8pm that day so can anyone shed any light on why they might of done this :(

Any suggestions on what I can do??

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Today I got an email from WDW telling me that due to a ‘scheduling’ change one of my FP selections had been amended.
It’s for Kilimanjaro Safari on the one evening we plan to visit AK to try experience it on an evening rather than the usual morning slot we get.

Was booked for 6.55-7.55pm. And we have 2 other FP in from 5.20pm prior to the KS one that evening and they’ve moved it to 3.55-4.55pm.

Main problem is we can’t arrive to AK that evening until 5.00pm at the very earliest due to other plans so a bit stuck!
Have already tried to modify the others to make it somehow work but with one being FOP you’ll realise it’s aint to easy especially when we are playing with only a 3 hour window...

Park hours haven’t altered and still open til 8pm that day so can anyone shed any light on why they might of done this :(

Any suggestions on what I can do??

I have had exactly the same change from 7-8pm KS to a 3pm Finding Nemo!! I wonder if there is some upcharge event happening around those times that mean us plebs lose out fastpasses?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
I have had exactly the same change from 7-8pm KS to a 3pm Finding Nemo!! I wonder if there is some upcharge event happening around those times that mean us plebs lose out fastpasses?

No idea 🤷🏻‍♂️
No changes to park hours so unsure why it would happen :(

nickys

Premium Member
What date(s) are these FPs for?

I wonder if it’s anything to do with sunset times? Maybe they’ve decided KS will close earlier because too many people complain about not seeing anything after dark?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
What date(s) are these FPs for?

I wonder if it’s anything to do with sunset times? Maybe they’ve decided KS will close earlier because too many people complain about not seeing anything after dark?
10/30. Did it intentionally to take it in as night falls... :(

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Yeah, seems too soon to be a case of pitch black! I was thinking they might be end of November.

I would phone and ask. At least ask them for a time that suits your plans. Or an anytime FP that you could use.
Yes I was going to call and ask if there’s anyway we can overlap it or something with another that night as we would manage it...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I got an email change this morning. Moved my Dinosaur FP from 10a on 11/11 to 1:30p on 11/11. Says there is a scheduling change. IS this a glitch in the system? Are they closing the park to normals? What's going on here?

FWIW, this system sucks.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Last trip we had a Safari FP for the evening and it really wasn't needed, there was zero wait after 7pm. Might have changed now Rivers of Light and Pandora are open, but you probably don't need an FP anyway for evening safari.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last trip we had a Safari FP for the evening and it really wasn't needed, there was zero wait after 7pm. Might have changed now Rivers of Light and Pandora are open, but you probably don't need an FP anyway for evening safari.
Didn’t need one last month. Unless it’s peak the lines seem manageable for night safari.

Tip- enter the line literally at sunset. You'll hit the savannah at the best time visually.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Although I did a little modifying it still didn’t work out so I gave Disney a call and they’ve slotted it in for me now although not in the original time due to swapping my last one prior to the call but close enough...
So if you ask they might help as they did do me :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom