Fastpass+, a solution to "overwhelmingly negative" responses from families

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Take that same approach with FP+ reservations. Will I make reservations at 180 because I am afraid of not getting one? Yep. Will that fear create a demand for FP's for other attractions. Yep.

The current policy is that you will only be able to make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance. We will have to hope that Disney will NOT make ALL of the reservations available at that time, but will hold a certain number for same day guests. Guess we'll all find out when they roll it out. For us, we will see what happens, since we don't use the current FP system at all. We arrive early and hit the rides we want first thing in the morning, then we don't have to worry about it the rest of the day. If we miss one, that's OK, since we know we will be back!

RNjan1

60 days in advance for a FP+? Seriously? I mean, I'll be trying it, indeed. However, it just seems odd. They should only allow people to "schedule" their fast passes on that day....say in the morning....starting at 5am - or at whatever time. But, 60 days prior - THAT truly IS a "fast pass"!

J03Y

it's people like this that are the reason Be Our Guest is booked for the next two years. given this, i obviously have a very serious problem with them.

RNjan1

it's people like this that are the reason Be Our Guest is booked for the next two years. given this, i obviously have a very serious problem with them.

I don't have kids young enough to eat at Be Our Guest. But, I agree with you. In the past when LeCelier was 1 TS credit (now2), I waited until the exact 180th day to call in and book my dinner reservation. It was 7:45AM....they were booked! My entire week of stay...LeCelier booked! It's just odd that FP+ would even offer 60 days in advance! It seems ludicrous, actually. Like I would even know which park I'd be at in 60 days. All I meant was that I will try it for maybe a ride or two at a park prior to leaving on my flight. Maybe, book my FP+ for a usually very long wait such as Soarin, for instance. The last time I was there it was a 90-110 min wait. I dunno what the best solution is, really. :confused:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't have kids young enough to eat at Be Our Guest. But, I agree with you. In the past when LeCelier was 1 TS credit (now2), I waited until the exact 180th day to call in and book my dinner reservation. It was 7:45AM....they were booked! My entire week of stay...LeCelier booked! It's just odd that FP+ would even offer 60 days in advance! It seems ludicrous, actually. Like I would even know which park I'd be at in 60 days. All I meant was that I will try it for maybe a ride or two at a park prior to leaving on my flight. Maybe, book my FP+ for a usually very long wait such as Soarin, for instance. The last time I was there it was a 90-110 min wait. I dunno what the best solution is, really. :confused:
I wasn't aware that you had to have young children to eat there. In fact I would think most young children would not be to pleased with the adult menu at all.

PhotoDave219

So I ducked into the kingdom last night from 8-9pm. Crowd levels seemed like an average summer night (Translation: F'n busy).

I had difficulty using any data on my phone, whether it was using the Disney Wi-Fi or the Verizon LTE network. The network architecture - that is suppose to service that crowd on a nightly basis once NGE rolls out - still cannot handle the load. Clearly, they have not designed the system to handle anywhere near the amount of volume of data that is flooding the system.

PatV35 - it's already like that! Lost count of the number of times this week I've watched people almost walk into lamp-posts, trees, fences etc because they are so busy on their phones. I'm only 38, but must be a real dinosaur as I adore completely ignoring my phone for the entire holiday! (Actually, I nearly died laughing when one particularly text-mad girl did walk into a lamp-post just outside Space Mountain!)

GrumpyFan

So I ducked into the kingdom last night from 8-9pm. Crowd levels seemed like an average summer night (Translation: F'n busy).

I had difficulty using any data on my phone, whether it was using the Disney Wi-Fi or the Verizon LTE network. The network architecture - that is suppose to service that crowd on a nightly basis once NGE rolls out - still cannot handle the load. Clearly, they have not designed the system to handle anywhere near the amount of volume of data that is flooding the system.

I've wondered about this for awhile, and what they're doing about it. When I was there last year, right after they put wi-fi in all the hotels, it was sporadically usable. I would love to see how they're setting this up, technically. It all sounds like a huge nightmare to try and implement and manage.

darcol

I dread the day someone in management comes to the realization that putting gift shops at the exits of rides, when guests have no particular reason to stay, is the wrong end: putting them in the queue, where the audience is captive might work a whole lot better. With the new Dumbo queue experiments in place, what's to stop them from putting shops in front of all the rides, like Rainforest & Cracker Barrel.

Just another idea that I almost regret typing out loud.

Oh God I Hope Not, we're from England, and they have put shops in the queues for major rides at Thorpe Park. We went last year for my DD's birthday and we got held up in every queue by people buying drinks and ice-creams, lollys and they wouldnt move out of they way for anyone to get past. :confused: So please no.

darcol

PatV35 - it's already like that! Lost count of the number of times this week I've watched people almost walk into lamp-posts, trees, fences etc because they are so busy on their phones. I'm only 38, but must be a real dinosaur as I adore completely ignoring my phone for the entire holiday! (Actually, I nearly died laughing when one particularly text-mad girl did walk into a lamp-post just outside Space Mountain!)
OMG would loved to have seen that!!!:D;)

PhotoDave219

I've wondered about this for awhile, and what they're doing about it. When I was there last year, right after they put wi-fi in all the hotels, it was sporadically usable. I would love to see how they're setting this up, technically. It all sounds like a huge nightmare to try and implement and manage.

I just don't understand why they would not build a large enough infrastructure to support the existing guest load of 47,000 the people per day.

This whole NexGen experience is supposed to be entirely interactive and controlled with your mobile device, right? I'm supposed to be able to access all of the details of my vacation through this mobile device and make reservations and the whatnot with it, right? Well how the hell am I supposed to do that if I cannot access the network because it's overloaded?

DisneyJoe

I just don't understand why they would not build a large enough infrastructure to support the existing guest load of 47,000 the people per day.

This whole NexGen experience is supposed to be entirely interactive and controlled with your mobile device, right? I'm supposed to be able to access all of the details of my vacation through this mobile device and make reservations and the whatnot with it, right? Well how the hell am I supposed to do that if I cannot access the network because it's overloaded?

1 - not all 47,000 (btw, that's an average per day over the year) have wi-fi devices - yet - some guests are either too old or too young or just don't bring them to the parks
2 - instead of using wifi - they are using the cell data plan on their phone
3 - not all guests even have phones that are even capable of data at all - either via wifi or cell

PhotoDave219

1 - not all 47,000 (btw, that's an average per day over the year) have wi-fi devices - yet - some guests are either too old or too young or just don't bring them to the parks
2 - instead of using wifi - they are using the cell data plan on their phone
3 - not all guests even have phones that are even capable of data at all - either via wifi or cell

Well the cell phone network towers are overloaded too. Why are they overloading? Because people can't access the Wi-Fi. Why can't they access the Wi-Fi? Because the networks overloaded.

DisneyJoe

Well the cell phone network towers are overloaded too. Why are they overloading? Because people can't access the Wi-Fi. Why can't they access the Wi-Fi? Because the networks overloaded.

I've never been there during Christmas or Easter, but I've never had cell data issues in March, May, August, or early November.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom