Fast Passes 7:00? Sunday is the day!

NelleBelle

I don't know if I'm "done with Disney just" yet, but I don't have much interest in anything besides The Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon for the reasons the OP has mentioned. The 3 other parks, besides not being worth the price/trouble for what they currently offer, won't really offer all that much that interests me personally once they are finished. The only thing I was really looking forward to for this years D23 was the new theater coming to Main Street, which now sounds like it's been canceled, but with the theater I was hoping there would be some type of expansion on Main Street, one of the original elements of the parks, and hopefully some return to the "small town" charm of the original Main Street instead of the "giant gift shop" it now is

All these other up coming "additions" are really "alterations" meaning that... while some people many not like that Snow White's Scary Adventure was replaced with a Princess Meet and Greet, but at least they didn't re-theme that section of Fantasyland to Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy, or to something that doesn't "feel" like it belongs in the Storybook world of Fantsayland, but that's what they're doing in the other parks, and rumored to be doing more of. The Studios has always had an Indiana Jones area, and Animal Kingdom has always had a Dinosaur area, both of which could use some "improving" but "replacing" Dino-land with and Indiana Jones-land sounds insane to me.

I have no problem with them adding new things to parks, but no effort or thought seems be given to how these "new things" alter the identity of these "classic parks", and the new things aren't being added for any kind of artistic or thematic reasons, they're are only being added to capitalize on the current popularity of these current movie franchises. If in 20 years, these "new things" stop being popular, it'll just be an assortment of mismatched "old junk", which will simply be replaced with some other new thing, and if they aren't building things that stand the test of time, the parks will no longer be classics
So I take it your kid's friend isn't going? I remember now we're going about the same time and we were both parties of 7, both of us bringing an "extra" person.
No, his parents decided it was too expensive (our kids are going to DC next week for their history class and they said they couldn’t afford both). So we are now a party of 6! Had to go back and change all our ADRs but managed to keep them all within the same time frame. Feel bad for my oldest not having his pal along since that was what he most wanted for his grad gift but he seems just as excited as ever! I’m sure your party of 7 will be just fine! Sending the pixie dust your way!✨

DfromATX

Original Poster
No, his parents decided it was too expensive (our kids are going to DC next week for their history class and they said they couldn’t afford both). So we are now a party of 6! Had to go back and change all our ADRs but managed to keep them all within the same time frame. Feel bad for my oldest not having his pal along since that was what he most wanted for his grad gift but he seems just as excited as ever! I’m sure your party of 7 will be just fine! Sending the pixie dust your way!✨

Thanks! Same to you and your family!

DfromATX

Original Poster
Hey guys - just made my fast passes. I had no problems. I may not have gotten the exact time for rides I wanted, but for all of them I got close to the times I wanted. And for Flight of Passage... got 10:45. That was the earliest available, but there were plenty of other times to choose from. I just double checked again 4 hours later and still plenty of times available. (We are a group of 7 and AK is 65 days out for us.) Yay!!

disneygeek90

Hey guys - just made my fast passes. I had no problems. I may not have gotten the exact time for rides I wanted, but for all of them I got close to the times I wanted. And for Flight of Passage... got 10:45. That was the earliest available, but there were plenty of other times to choose from. I just double checked again 4 hours later and still plenty of times available. (We are a group of 7 and AK is 65 days out for us.) Yay!!
Those will be far gone by 30 days out, lol.

Disney Dad 3000

Tried to get FOP on our 60 day window few days ago but no luck for our first planned day at AK. Was able to get one for 2 days later when we check out but it in no way works with our schedule. Crazy that even at 60 it's a pain.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Tried to get FOP on our 60 day window few days ago but no luck for our first planned day at AK. Was able to get one for 2 days later when we check out but it in no way works with our schedule. Crazy that even at 60 it's a pain.

That was a common complaint I kept hearing so we made AK our last park day, advice I've read on here a lot. I guess it really worked. I feel bad for anyone not staying on property or a local person though. I don't see how they would be able to get it at all.

P.S. - I checked again yesterday, which was 3 days after my 60-day mark, and there were still a few times left for June 19.

Nezumi_Fan

It's 7:00am for fast passes. And don't worry if you don't get FOP FPs. I couldn't get them for my last trip but I kept checking. About 2 weeks before my trip, they released a bunch more so we were able to get them and there were a lot to choose from. It's an amazing ride.

Thanks for this. I got a late start on FP's this year and there isn't a one available. We arrive May 28.

fluffy

OK....we are only going to the parks for 3 days and plan on going to the MK, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. When I go to book my fast passes which day out of the three would be best to book FOP in Animal Kingdom.....day 1, 2, or 3? Also, We will be there the second week of December. Can you book FP's during the Christmas Party? Trying to decide if we want to just do the Christmas Party and not pay for the park that day and just go on rides during the party instead but not sure if FP works during the party?

PeakSeason

OK....we are only going to the parks for 3 days and plan on going to the MK, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. When I go to book my fast passes which day out of the three would be best to book FOP in Animal Kingdom.....day 1, 2, or 3? Also, We will be there the second week of December. Can you book FP's during the Christmas Party? Trying to decide if we want to just do the Christmas Party and not pay for the park that day and just go on rides during the party instead but not sure if FP works during the party?
If you're making your fastpasses at 60 days prior to arrival, you'll have the best chance of getting them for day 3 of your trip.
No, there are no fastpasses during the parties. Also, be aware, not every attraction is open during party hours. You should familiarize yourself with the list of what is open before deciding if it works as a substitute for an actual park day for your family.

EDIT: You can enter Magic Kingdom with a party ticket as early as 4:00 even though the party doesn't start until 7:00. You can make Fastpasses for between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00. Fastpasses are unavailable after regular hours end.

Last edited:

fluffy

If you're making your fastpasses at 60 days prior to arrival, you'll have the best chance of getting them for day 3 of your trip.
No, there are no fastpasses during the parties. Also, be aware, not every attraction is open during party hours. You should familiarize yourself with the list of what is open before deciding if it works as a substitute for an actual park day for your family.

EDIT: You can enter Magic Kingdom with a party ticket as early as 4:00 even though the party doesn't start until 7:00. You can make Fastpasses for between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00. Fastpasses are unavailable after regular hours end.

Thank you......any idea where I can find a list of rides that will be open during the party?

PeakSeason

This is the list from 2017. I'm not sure whether there will be changes this year.

• Adventureland - Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Jingle Cruise
  • Frontierland - Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree
  • Liberty Square - The Haunted Mansion
  • Fantasyland - Princess Fairytale Hall, Peter Pan's Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mickey's Philharmagic, it's a small world, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Tomorrowland - Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Main Street U.S.A - Characters at the Town Square Theater

This is correct. I was able to get FOP for day five at the 60 day window. The later in your trip the better your chances I believe. The earliest I could get was noon. But I'm going in June which is busy. When you book your fast passes and want FOP make sure you go to that day and book it first. Do not do your fast pass days in chronological order if that makes sense. I went to what is day five of my trip put that date in and chose animal kingdom then FOP. Then after completing that day I then proceeded to do the day I felt would be the second most difficult to get and so on. You probably already knew this but thought I'd throw it in there. Best of luck and best wishes for a magical trip!

DfromATX

Original Poster
This is correct. I was able to get FOP for day five at the 60 day window. The later in your trip the better your chances I believe. The earliest I could get was noon. But I'm going in June which is busy. When you book your fast passes and want FOP make sure you go to that day and book it first. Do not do your fast pass days in chronological order if that makes sense. I went to what is day five of my trip put that date in and chose animal kingdom then FOP. Then after completing that day I then proceeded to do the day I felt would be the second most difficult to get and so on. You probably already knew this but thought I'd throw it in there. Best of luck and best wishes for a magical trip!

That is what I did too. AK is the last day of our trip (65 days out), but I did those fast passes first. That was great advice I got from the people on this site. The earliest I could get was 10:45. We plan to rope drop the boat ride. I guess we'll just look around in Pandora in between. We're pretty excited!

fluffy

Thanks, that is a great tip.

fluffy

This is the list from 2017. I'm not sure whether there will be changes this year.

• Adventureland - Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Jingle Cruise
  • Frontierland - Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree
  • Liberty Square - The Haunted Mansion
  • Fantasyland - Princess Fairytale Hall, Peter Pan's Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mickey's Philharmagic, it's a small world, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Tomorrowland - Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Main Street U.S.A - Characters at the Town Square Theater

Thanks...hopefully all of these will be open this year too because all of our favorites are on this list. I will keep checking for the updated list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom