Fast Passes 7:00? Sunday is the day!

DfromATX

Original Poster
OK Sunday is the day I've been waiting for to make our fast pass selections! It's all I've been thinking about for the past year (ok maybe I'm exaggerating a little). I just wanted to verify that I can begin at 7:00 Florida time (not 6:00 like dining)?

I'm asking here because I've actually had two different answers from cast members when I called. One told me 7:00 and another told me 6:00! As you know, every minute counts. I don't think I have ever worried about it as much until this trip and I really want FOP. Last trip I booked them on the day I could, but I was more leisurely about it. I didn't rush and I was able to get everything with no problem (even 7DMT and Frozen). We are going to AK on our last park day so hopefully it'll all go as planned.

Thank you!

WDWFan2018

OK Sunday is the day I've been waiting for to make our fast pass selections! It's all I've been thinking about for the past year (ok maybe I'm exaggerating a little). I just wanted to verify that I can begin at 7:00 Florida time (not 6:00 like dining)?

I'm asking here because I've actually had two different answers from cast members when I called. One told me 7:00 and another told me 6:00! As you know, every minute counts. I don't think I have ever worried about it as much until this trip and I really want FOP. Last trip I booked them on the day I could, but I was more leisurely about it. I didn't rush and I was able to get everything with no problem (even 7DMT and Frozen). We are going to AK on our last park day so hopefully it'll all go as planned.

Thank you!

It's 7:00am for fast passes. And don't worry if you don't get FOP FPs. I couldn't get them for my last trip but I kept checking. About 2 weeks before my trip, they released a bunch more so we were able to get them and there were a lot to choose from. It's an amazing ride.

DfromATX

Original Poster
It's 7:00am for fast passes. And don't worry if you don't get FOP FPs. I couldn't get them for my last trip but I kept checking. About 2 weeks before my trip, they released a bunch more so we were able to get them and there were a lot to choose from. It's an amazing ride.

We are so excited to see it! I'll be so disappointed if I can't get us fast passes. I will be up and ready at 6 a.m. (central time). We are planning to rope drop it, but I know even that will have a wait. My goal is to ride it twice - once with rope drop and once with a FP.

WDWFan2018

We are so excited to see it! I'll be so disappointed if I can't get us fast passes. I will be up and ready at 6 a.m. (central time). We are planning to rope drop it, but I know even that will have a wait. My goal is to ride it twice - once with rope drop and once with a FP.

Hopefully it works out for you! There were 6 of us on our last trip and I was able to get FPs for 3 of us in the morning and the other 3 in the afternoon. Because I have a son who didn't meet the height requirement, we were able to do a parent swap so my older son got to ride it 4 times!!! The line was stupid long, like 240 minutes or something ridiculous. No ride is worth a wait that long, in my opinion. Na'vi River had a 90 minute wait. It's an ok ride with a FP but no way would I wait 90 minutes for it. It's a pretty short ride.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Hopefully it works out for you! There were 6 of us on our last trip and I was able to get FPs for 3 of us in the morning and the other 3 in the afternoon. Because I have a son who didn't meet the height requirement, we were able to do a parent swap so my older son got to ride it 4 times!!! The line was stupid long, like 240 minutes or something ridiculous. No ride is worth a wait that long, in my opinion. Na'vi River had a 90 minute wait. It's an ok ride with a FP but no way would I wait 90 minutes for it. It's a pretty short ride.

I agree, I will not wait for any ride that long, even FOP. There are 7 of us so fingers crossed!

NelleBelle

I just booked my FP for our group of six last week and we were able to get FOP every day except the first day of our trip (only because I totally spaced and forgot to set my alarm for 4am pacific time and by the time I remembered I needed to make my FP reservations, it was already 1pm/4pm eastern time :eek:)! Obviously, we didn't want them everyday, but we were able to get everything we wanted for our group (except for TSMM). The trouble was trying to figure out what day we wanted to do what and what days we wanted to do Universal and how many days we wanted to do Universal. Hopefully you'll be able to get everything you want for your party, too!!

Herdman

I booked mine a few weeks ago and was able to get pretty much everything when I wanted. If your AK day is 4-5 days out you should be good with FoP. Our 5th day is our AK day, and I was able to get a 9:25 AM FP. Good luck!

DfromATX

Original Poster
I booked mine a few weeks ago and was able to get pretty much everything when I wanted. If your AK day is 4-5 days out you should be good with FoP. Our 5th day is our AK day, and I was able to get a 9:25 AM FP. Good luck!

I hope so! My strategy is to rope drop FOP then go to the boat ride and I still want a FOP FP for the evening. Maybe I should aim for 10 am FOP and rope drop the boat ride (since it's less crowded and to get it out of the way)? I guess I'll wait and see what options I have on Sunday.

DfromATX

Original Poster
I just booked my FP for our group of six last week and we were able to get FOP every day except the first day of our trip (only because I totally spaced and forgot to set my alarm for 4am pacific time and by the time I remembered I needed to make my FP reservations, it was already 1pm/4pm eastern time :eek:)! Obviously, we didn't want them everyday, but we were able to get everything we wanted for our group (except for TSMM). The trouble was trying to figure out what day we wanted to do what and what days we wanted to do Universal and how many days we wanted to do Universal. Hopefully you'll be able to get everything you want for your party, too!!

So I take it your kid's friend isn't going? I remember now we're going about the same time and we were both parties of 7, both of us bringing an "extra" person.

38053WDW

Not sure how you do it to get so lucky.. Nothing available for FOP on an day for me (party of 6) - So to go back in every day to check you have to "remove" the FP's you have for that day and then retry and maybe get lucky? So you're taking a chance that FOP my be open but if not your other "reserved" FP are gone and you may not get much of anything that day? Uggh .. what to do ...

WDWFan2018

Not sure how you do it to get so lucky.. Nothing available for FOP on an day for me (party of 6) - So to go back in every day to check you have to "remove" the FP's you have for that day and then retry and maybe get lucky? So you're taking a chance that FOP my be open but if not your other "reserved" FP are gone and you may not get much of anything that day? Uggh .. what to do ...

You don't have to remove anything. Just go to a FP that's the same tier (which I think is only Na'vi River) and request to change. If you don't see anything available for FOP, you don't change anything and everything remains the same. Keep checking though. We were able to get FPs for FOP 2 weeks before our trip. I had heard from someone else that they usually add more as the date approaches. You can also choose to change any of your other FPs if you don't already have one in the same tier as FOP.

38053WDW

You don't have to remove anything. Just go to a FP that's the same tier (which I think is only Na'vi River) and request to change. If you don't see anything available for FOP, you don't change anything and everything remains the same. Keep checking though. We were able to get FPs for FOP 2 weeks before our trip. I had heard from someone else that they usually add more as the date approaches. You can also choose to change any of your other FPs if you don't already have one in the same tier as FOP.

I see now! First try today not good, but thanks for the head up!
11fpdis.JPG

nickys

Premium Member

Remember if you have a FP for NRJ, you won't be shown any availability for FoP unless you modify NRJ. No good trying to modify EE or Safari.

Best of luck for FOP. I was able to grab one at the 60+day five of our trip but couldn't get early morning. So we will have to back track but that's ok. Planning to rope drop Navi River and then go back at Fp time for FOP. Other than Toy Story Midway Mania we were able to get what we wanted just not when we wanted. I enjoy the planning and now that fast passes are booked I have moved on to packing list and buying a thing of pop tarts/granola bars/ziplock baggies etc each time I go to the grocery store. Silly perhaps but then we take less of a hit when trip week arrives. My family thinks I belong in Wonderland. 😜Have an amazing vacation and hope you get FOP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom