Fast pass plus

djlaosc

If memory serves, the new resort does not include Express. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

That is a major factor on whether I would stay there or not - as of now, I think I would stay at one of the other 3 for a couple of nights to get FOTLP for Universal, then move to Cabana Bay to do the SeaWorld Parks/Shopping if Disney were ever to get rid of the free dining plan!

I have to wonder if they will get the "one use" Express Pass included, or at a discount though.

SirLink

If memory serves, the new resort does not include Express. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Correct but with more Potter, more Seuss, more Simpsons, redone KZ, etc. It'll be an easier proposition for families to get people to stay on property, especially at a lower price point - especially when there is nothing of note coming to WDW until 2017( TDO starting to worry now + 5 years to react).

djlaosc

Correct but with more Potter, more Seuss, more Simpsons, redone KZ, etc. It'll be an easier proposition for families to get people to stay on property, especially at a lower price point - especially when there is nothing of note coming to WDW until 2017( TDO starting to worry now + 5 years to react).

I'm looking forward to my night on site in 2014!

So much on my list that we've never done before!
Animal Actors on Location
Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue
Blue Man Group
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (NEW)
Gringott's Bank (NEW)
Hogwarts Express (NEW)
Hollywood Drive-in Mini Golf (NEW)
Poseidon's Fury
Springfield (NEW)
The Eight Voyage of Sinbad Stunt Show
The Mystic Fountain
Transformers 3-D: The Ride (NEW)
Universal Cinematic Spectacular (NEW)
Universal CityWalk
Universal Orlando's Horror Make Up Show
Universal Superstar Parade (NEW)
New Seuss Attraction (NEW)

jato4x4

Has it been stated anywhere that "day" guests will not receive a bracelet or something similar? Sorry, I couldnt find anything stating that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Has it been stated anywhere that "day" guests will not receive a bracelet or something similar? Sorry, I couldnt find anything stating that.

It hasn't been confirmed really. But there really isn't anything that would prevent Disney from issuing paper tickets with the RFID in it (exchange your ticket for a new RFID ticket) or simply placing the RFID tag on the existing ticket (like they did in tests).

Main Gate can even print out tickets at DL without going to guest relations... I'm sure how they 'transition' existing media to the new media is all part of the plan.

Condorman

Does my $850 Premier Annual Pass mean anything?

It doesn't mean as much as someone staying on property, paying for day tickets, thus requiring them to dine on-site because they have no transportation off-property, etc. No, your $850 is an inconsequential fraction of what a family of 4 or 5 would spend. They mean more to Disney. And your $850, to be quite frank, is already a seriously discounted all-access ticket into WDW. You've already been given the "deal".

John

So if Disney wants to protect its declining room occupancy and profit:

a)They have to build exciting attractions and be innovative
b)Revaluate all the pricing of goods and services on property - to be more inline with other companies in o-town to grow their business.

Blasphemy........I say.(sarcasm)

RSoxNo1

It doesn't mean as much as someone staying on property, paying for day tickets, thus requiring them to dine on-site because they have no transportation off-property, etc. No, your $850 is an inconsequential fraction of what a family of 4 or 5 would spend. They mean more to Disney. And your $850, to be quite frank, is already a seriously discounted all-access ticket into WDW. You've already been given the "deal".
I am an individual paying $850, but that doesn't mean that my family gets in for free. They also pay for their tickets as well. I may not always stay on property, but over my 30+ trips my family contributes more to Disney World than that family of 4 or 5 would spend on their trip every 3.75 years. There is something to be said about catering to your base as well.

What's happening now is no longer the $100 ticket debate, but potentially closer to the $200 ticket debate. If you have to stay on property to achieve the same benefits that were previously available to all guests than the cost of staying on property and the associated perks need to be factored into that price. This, more than anything Disney has done in recent memory has a much stronger possibility of guests voting with their wallets.

I know NextGen is coming to Disneyland as well, but I can't see them making Fastpass+ a perk only available to Resort Guests in Disneyland. It will undo all the goodwill that has been fostered since the 50th anniversary. Disney World now, is where Disneyland was in the early 2000s and they're looking at a change that will be highly disruptive to guest touring and guest satisfaction.

Yes, I understand that people should be allowed to pay a premium price for premium content. But when something that was previously available to all guests is no longer available, people dissent. This has the potential to be very disruptive, and while technologically speaking it may be a step forward, from a guest satisfaction standpoint it will likely be a huge step backwards.

It is far easier to retain an existing customer than it is to get new customers, especially when your nearest competitor is kicking your a$$ in building appealing attractions.

jklakeview

Original Poster
It has been confirmed already to be free on many occasions and I think will be available to everyone. They said there will be kiosks where you can book your times. I don't mind the idea of paperless fast passes but won't I don't like is how you're able to choose your passes months in advance. It's absolutely ridiculous to plan what rides you're riding months in advance. I'm a big planner but I like using my fast pass when I feel like it. The system is fine already. Also they are putting the RFID scanners on everything hoping that it will spread out the fast passes but that won't work because almost everyone knows what gets busy and what doesn't

I'm looking forward to my night on site in 2014!

So much on my list that we've never done before!
Gringott's Bank (NEW)
Hogwarts Express (NEW)
Springfield (NEW)
Transformers 3-D: The Ride (NEW)
Universal Cinematic Spectacular (NEW)
Universal CityWalk
Universal Orlando's Horror Make Up Show
Universal Superstar Parade (NEW)
New Seuss Attraction (NEW)

Got rid of the boring or not new things that you should not waste your time with

I am an individual paying $850, but that doesn't mean that my family gets in for free. They also pay for their tickets as well. I may not always stay on property, but over my 30+ trips my family contributes more to Disney World than that family of 4 or 5 would spend on their trip every 3.75 years. There is something to be said about catering to your base as well.

What's happening now is no longer the $100 ticket debate, but potentially closer to the $200 ticket debate. If you have to stay on property to achieve the same benefits that were previously available to all guests than the cost of staying on property and the associated perks need to be factored into that price. This, more than anything Disney has done in recent memory has a much stronger possibility of guests voting with their wallets.

I know NextGen is coming to Disneyland as well, but I can't see them making Fastpass+ a perk only available to Resort Guests in Disneyland. It will undo all the goodwill that has been fostered since the 50th anniversary. Disney World now, is where Disneyland was in the early 2000s and they're looking at a change that will be highly disruptive to guest touring and guest satisfaction.

Yes, I understand that people should be allowed to pay a premium price for premium content. But when something that was previously available to all guests is no longer available, people dissent. This has the potential to be very disruptive, and while technologically speaking it may be a step forward, from a guest satisfaction standpoint it will likely be a huge step backwards.

It is far easier to retain an existing customer than it is to get new customers, especially when your nearest competitor is kicking your a$$ in building appealing attractions.

Where I live we have a Six Flags that cost 65 bucks to get in with crappy entertainment and a few good rides but if you want to get their fast pass it can cost up to 200 for 4 people to just get a set time to ride select rides...which is a ripoff.

They have more "appealing" attractions but i would not consider them kicking Disney's a$$.

71jason

Actually, the real world example we have locally (Universal), that didn't really happen at all. A little bit of grumbling, but most tourists learned to roll with it. It helps that by reducing the number of people with FP (for all intents and purposes indirectly limiting the number of FPs), Universal lowered lines for everyone. Hulk and Spidey routinely used to go to 90 minutes; now they're rarely over 30 or 40 outside Christmas week/Spring Break.

A few years ago, it was either Christmas or NYE (I think the former), FP went down at Splash. No other rides were affected. What happened? While BTMRR climbed to 2 - 3 hour waits and stayed there pretty much all day, Splash never went above 40 minutes.

If by making a profit off FP WDW can also limit its numbers again, this has the potential to be a win-win for all guests. However, if it becomes a convuluted mess with some free and some paid, I see it being a huge failure.

Actually, the real world example we have locally (Universal), that didn't really happen at all. A little bit of grumbling, but most tourists learned to roll with it. It helps that by reducing the number of people with FP (for all intents and purposes indirectly limiting the number of FPs), Universal lowered lines for everyone. Hulk and Spidey routinely used to go to 90 minutes; now they're rarely over 30 or 40 outside Christmas week/Spring Break.

A few years ago, it was either Christmas or NYE (I think the former), FP went down at Splash. No other rides were affected. What happened? While BTMRR climbed to 2 - 3 hour waits and stayed there pretty much all day, Splash never went above 40 minutes.

If by making a profit off FP WDW can also limit its numbers again, this has the potential to be a win-win for all guests. However, if it becomes a convuluted mess with some free and some paid, I see it being a huge failure.

I dont know if i am asking the right person but didnt Universal use to offer their "fastpass" for people who got in early to the park? For some reason I remember being there in 2000 and when we picked up our tickets we were given a book with "fastpass" tickets for the big rides that could only be used until like noon.

Coolguy13

Fast Pass+ will be the new Fast Pass service and it will be available to everyone. Resort guests will get bracelets and other guests will have RFID's embedded in their ticket media and will use for the entrance and fast pass sensors. Everything will be virtual with video screens and smartphones.
You seem quite informed.

awoogala

my problem is a stupid one: if I get a bracelet, how the heck am I supposed to remember what time my fastpass is for? I have no probem with bracelets, or planning my fp's early, (i may have a major problem with paying for it), but how the heck do you remember the time? I need to check my fp a million times before I can remember it now, and I do not plan on buying a smartphone just for disney.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
my problem is a stupid one: if I get a bracelet, how the heck am I supposed to remember what time my fastpass is for? I have no probem with bracelets, or planning my fp's early, (i may have a major problem with paying for it), but how the heck do you remember the time? I need to check my fp a million times before I can remember it now, and I do not plan on buying a smartphone just for disney.

Print out your reservations and carry that with you, or check them at kiosks throughout the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom