Fast Pass for Fantasmic

Spikerdink

They have a pre-show??!?!?!?!

They had these two horrific comedians who tried to excite the crowd. It was so painful I was going to poke out my eardrums with my car keys but I realized I left my keys back at home.... Bad humor, bad faux-enthusiasm, bad singing....just bad.

This was a year ago, so maybe Disney realized the error of their ways and buried this idea and left the paying customers in peace.

DizneyPryncess

I love this idea, since with my toddler we haven't tried to wait in the normal Fantasmic wait. We just didn't think she would sit that long. I know she'd love it, so this is a good chance for us to experience it!

wserratore1963

There are times I would welcome having a FastPass system for Fantasmic that would allow me to go eat, ride, or do something without having to sit on this horribly uncomfortable seats for an hour + just so I could be able to see the show. If I had a FP, even if it were to the far right, it would make my touring the park and my dinner plans more manageable.

As an added bonus, if I could avoid that insipid pre-show I saw last time, all the better.

Agreed

Tom Morrow

Fastpass for a theatre the size of Fantasmic -- totally unnecessary
But who am I to guess management's thinking? They do anything to fix things that work.
No, see, this DOES make sense. It guarantees you a seat and the first showing usually DOES fill to capacity. So you get a good seat without having to devote two hours in advance to it.

...of course, everyone should always, ALWAYS see the second showing if there is one. You save 100% of the headache and so much time, because you don't have to get there early as it pretty much never fills up. Show up 15 minutes before showtime and you get a good seat without even trying. The second showing is also usually at or after park close, so you don't miss out time spent at other attractions.

ToTBellHop

No, see, this DOES make sense. It guarantees you a seat and the first showing usually DOES fill to capacity. So you get a good seat without having to devote two hours in advance to it.

...of course, everyone should always, ALWAYS see the second showing if there is one. You save 100% of the headache and so much time, because you don't have to get there early as it pretty much never fills up. Show up 15 minutes before showtime and you get a good seat without even trying. The second showing is also usually at or after park close, so you don't miss out time spent at other attractions.
I think FP for Fantasmic is a wonderful idea for those of us with kids.

Also, while the 2nd Fantasmic is easier to get into (when it's offered), there is a reason for that. Try getting a young kid to stay up for a 10:30 pm show...

Tom Morrow

True, but anyone without young children should do themselves a favor and see the second showing, if it's offered. There is literally no other benefit to seeing the first showing.

allgiggles

They had these two horrific comedians who tried to excite the crowd. It was so painful I was going to poke out my eardrums with my car keys but I realized I left my keys back at home.... Bad humor, bad faux-enthusiasm, bad singing....just bad.

This was a year ago, so maybe Disney realized the error of their ways and buried this idea and left the paying customers in peace.

Still had the same basic pre-show when we were there 2 weeks ago. It wasn't great, but I didn't find it too annoying. We arrived about 90 minutes before the show started. We didn't like the sections they were allowing people to sit in at the time we arrived (they were all the way to the left...as far away from the exit as you could get) so we lurked around the back/top of the theater until they opened the section to the right of the center section (which was reserved for the dining packages). We sat down a little after 8:00. Next time we won't get there so early. Not sure if I'd waste a FP on it...guess it would depend on what else was available.

DDuckFan130

Yes and its pure torture. I saw the same pre-show last year as Spikerdink did.

I have no plans of going back to Fantasmic at this point unless that pre-show goes the way of the dinosaur.

I was at the second showing of Fantasmic on the 4th and no pre-show lol

And in regards to how much better the second show is, on the 4th they announced half an hour before the first showing that Fantasmic was filled to capacity. Walked to the second showing 20 minutes before and there were at least 2 empty sections.

I do remember back in the 90s/early 2000s a pre-show with performers dressed as ToT bellhops. That one wasn't bad lol

And count me in on FP's for Fantasmic. Beats sitting in those seats for an hour!

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Agreed. If you want to be sure to get in and get a good seat you have to go early and wait, and wait and wait some more. I would much rather have a FP to Fantasmic and go wait in the standby line for a ride or 2 over sitting and waiting. FP for shows and parades is a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom