Fast and Furious: Supercharged and Men in Black: Alien Attack to be replaced soon?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No point in redoing attractions when dead areas of the park are there.

If the attraction isn't drawing in people and/or it's getting low customer satisfaction scores, then it's a drag on profitability. Adding a good ride only makes that bad/outdated one look worse. Plus, an attraction that's bad/outdated still costs money to run. It's gotta earn it's keep.

lebeau

Fill in the areas that aren't used or empty. No point in redoing attractions when dead areas of the park are there.

I like MIB but that area seems to be out in country. When you head that way, you just seem to be out in the country, lots of walking without much around compared to the rest of the park.

THIS!

It seems like Universal has conditioned its customers to think in terms of replacement when expansion is often a better solution. Universal is more landlocked than Disney, so it is understandable that they can't always expand and replacements are necessary. But Universal fans seem to only think about what they can replace instead of what can be added.

If the attraction isn't drawing in people and/or it's getting low customer satisfaction scores, then it's a drag on profitability. Adding a good ride only makes that bad/outdated one look worse. Plus, an attraction that's bad/outdated still costs money to run. It's gotta earn it's keep.

There's a legitimate argument there but it sure doesn't apply to Men in Black. Fast and Furious is a lot of things, but not outdated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's a legitimate argument there but it sure doesn't apply to Men in Black. Fast and Furious is a lot of things, but not outdated.

I know that this is only anecdotal, but last year I was at USO on a crowded weekend in which the big rides had hour long waits and MiB was a walk-on. I like it. But the locals seem to have tired of it.

lebeau

I know that this is only anecdotal, but last year I was at USO on a crowded weekend in which the big rides had hour long waits and MiB was a walk-on. I like it. But the locals seem to have tired of it.

I don't know if that's true or not but I don't think it matters very much what the locals think. The locals tend to over-estimate their importance as do annual passholders and enthusiasts.

From what I hear, Jimmy Fallon and Kong are quite popular in guest surveys but you'd never know it from locals/passholders/social media/etc.

Not tying to pop anyone's balloon or anything. Just trying to provide some perspective. Fandom can be an echo chamber that doesn't reflect reality.

Last edited:

Lintemuthstudios

This situation is one of those things that is great and terrible at the same time. I don't think that Knight Bus would be a reskinned Supercharged (JK wouldn't allow it), so it's going to be a new ride. But then you have MIB getting trashed for F&F, which is terrible yet obvious. Hopefully the new ride is good.

lebeau

This situation is one of those things that is great and terrible at the same time. I don't think that Knight Bus would be a reskinned Supercharged (JK wouldn't allow it), so it's going to be a new ride. But then you have MIB getting trashed for F&F, which is terrible yet obvious. Hopefully the new ride is good.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no reason to believe this is actually happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom