Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

SeaCastle

Just wondering, did anyone else notice the "DVC Cart" immediately to the right of the "Ariel Meet and Greet" and next to the Dumbo spinners in the blueprints?

Rob562

Just wondering, did anyone else notice the "DVC Cart" immediately to the right of the "Ariel Meet and Greet" and next to the Dumbo spinners in the blueprints?

I presume it is to replace the circus-themed one that will have to be removed when they tear out the Dumbo area.

-Rob

DisneyParksFan1

Yes, I'm hoping they release some concept art but from a different angle. Or some concept art finally giving us the definite Pixie Hollow and Dumbo's Circus. We already have the definite Pooh, Cindy, Aurora, Belle, and Ariel areas, we just need Hollow and Dumbo.

Drebe73

Finally!

Glad to see that The 20,000 Leagues area is finally getting some TLC. Seems like forever since it closed and constant talk for years about a Little Mermaid attraction that strangely surfaced as Ariels Grotto which was very disappointing to me. I always found Fantasyland to be the least interesting and my least favorite park of Magic Kingdom and was hoping for years that something more interesting would appear in this are to make me want to actually spend time in it. It was always the most crowded area of Magic Kingdom and seemed to have the longest lines. I am glad that the area will be enlarged and that it will be better incorporated into the Castle theme. I like that it is now going to be an enchanted forest behind the castle. I look forward to seeing whats to come and am anxious to experience the Jules Vern attractions as I really admire Tokyo's Disney Sea and always wished I could visit there. No I will only have to travel two hours from here to take a Journey to the Center of the earth. Also as someone who never had the chance to experience 20,000 Leagues, I will be able to make up for it.:sohappy:

NYwdwfan

Just found this photo elsewhere :lookaroun - they have started installing trees behind the wall. Can't really visualize where on the wall this is...more photos anyone??

183234026.jpg

Horizonsfan

Holy thread bump, Batman!

Yeah, I said that a year ago. But we're not getting a new roof for our teacups anymore. You probably figured that out on your own. :lol:

Just curious what was the reasoning for the cut? Was the $ just cut or re-allocated elsewhere (presumably the mine ride)?

tirian

Just curious what was the reasoning for the cut? Was the $ just cut or re-allocated elsewhere (presumably the mine ride)?

The roof was always more of a wish-list item than a plan. As much as I'd like to have seen the DLP roof, the tint necessary for the bright Florida sun would have made the rooftop look green and black, and the glass would have been difficult to keep clean with the area's swampy rainwater. To my understanding, the DLP roof wasn't cut; it was simply part of the blue-sky proposal.

Horizonsfan

The roof was always more of a wish-list item than a plan. As much as I'd like to have seen the DLP roof, the tint necessary for the bright Florida sun would have made the rooftop look green and black, and the glass would have been difficult to keep clean with the area's swampy rainwater. To my understanding, the DLP roof wasn't cut; it was simply part of the blue-sky proposal.

Ohhh... well that's understandable then.

Honestly I would have been/ will be happy if our roof and Tea Party is just brought up to HKDL and TDL's tea cups. At the very least, no more jarring screams from the ride stop would be nice.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom