Fantasy in the Sky Returns!

jasondiff

It very well may have been a private party. Was the fireworks show really FITS or just some fireworks set to FITS music? If it was the latter, they very likely it was a private show.

MagliteL13

askmike1 said:
FitS is usually brought back for the 4th, Halloween, and christmas time. Except now with Haunted Wishes and the Holiday Wishes, the only chance to see FitS [I believe] is the 4th of July.

Working MNSSHP last year, I remember seeing FITS. It was a cut down version. Basically the FITS part ended after the "Under the Sea" part. After that, the witch took over and the 360deg. thing started. I do remember Wishes during MVMCP though. I keep on thinking there's another time though--besides the 4th and MNSSHP. I wanna say it was another hard ticket event. Hmmm...maybe I'll think of it later.

Captain Hank

DizkneeBoi said:
Truth hurts sometimes...
But rudeness is not welcome at any time.

There's an easy way to check the validity of the initial post--and shed some light on why FITS played that night. We have a forum member who works with the pyros at MK. I'm going to let him know about this thread and see if he knows anything.

boo52

There was a scaled down version of FITS that was set up for a convention group that was at Ft Wilderness. I have very few details on what it really was except for what I just posted. There is no immediate plans to bring FITS back to the MK. We will be doing FITS on the 4th but it is the standard patriotic music, not the normal FITS soundtrack.

boo52

askmike1 said:
Will the show preceding the Patriotic Finale be Wishes?
No, Wishes will not be presented on the 3rd and 4th of July. The entire show will be all patriotic music. Same soundtrack and show as last year.

degunter

4th of July show was awful

boo52 said:
No, Wishes will not be presented on the 3rd and 4th of July. The entire show will be all patriotic music. Same soundtrack and show as last year.

I went to Magic Kingdom last year, in the rain, to watch the fireworks and was very disappointed in the show. It was very short and did not even play the Star Spangled Banner.... We used to go to Epcot every year and then they stopped playing Sandi Patti's version of the National Anthem over there as well.

What is that all about?

In my opinion the daily shows during the yeat are better than the "special" shows on those certain holidays.

Although, I will say I was impressed with the Holiday Tag to Illuminations!!! That was quite awesome.

askmike1

boo52 said:
So basically, it is going the same route Sorcery in the Sky went last year? If so, I think that the only fireworks worth seeing on those days is at Epcot.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Hmm, the original poster of this thread said he took a boat from Downtown Disney to Ft. Wilderness...

Please explain to us how you did that...

As far as Wishes goes...

It has indeed taken over... even Disneyland will be using some of the music starting in May for their fireworks show.

I'm not complaining you understand, as I love the Wishes music. But it does seem like it's taking over to an extent.

I do mis Sorcery in the Sky... Fantasmic! can't compare to Sorcery. Sorcery is by far the better fireworks show. I don't even understand how they can label Fantasmic! as a fireworks show. It's not. It's a stage show that uses fireworks and fire and water. But a fireworks show it's not.

When Sorcery was presented, it was probably the most amazing show on property, just because it was so close up and in your face.

I will miss it quite a bit.

Bob Iger, ya hear me? Disney-MGM Studios needs a semi-nightly fireworks show. ;)

Brad

Sure it wasn't the music from that electric-light-boat-parade thing that goes around the lake every night after Wishes?
It stops in front of the Wilderness Lodge and plays a mixture of tunes including some patriotic ones.

askmike1

FamilyMan said:
I do mis Sorcery in the Sky... Fantasmic! can't compare to Sorcery. Sorcery is by far the better fireworks show. I don't even understand how they can label Fantasmic! as a fireworks show. It's not. It's a stage show that uses fireworks and fire and water. But a fireworks show it's not.
Fantasmic is not a fireworks show. It is called a nighttime spectacular.

will_hsv

FamilyMan said:
Hmm, the original poster of this thread said he took a boat from Downtown Disney to Ft. Wilderness...

Please explain to us how you did that...

As far as Wishes goes...

It has indeed taken over... even Disneyland will be using some of the music starting in May for their fireworks show.

I'm not complaining you understand, as I love the Wishes music. But it does seem like it's taking over to an extent.

When Sorcery was presented, it was probably the most amazing show on property, just because it was so close up and in your face.

I will miss it quite a bit.

Bob Iger, ya hear me? Disney-MGM Studios needs a semi-nightly fireworks show. ;)

Actually What the original poster said was.

mpaul32001 said:
I was watching Wishes from the fireworks viewing area at the contemporary, and when they were over I had to meet up with my parents at Downtown Disney. I decided to take the long way and take a boat to Fort Wilderness and then catch a bus at the outpost.

Sounds doable to me. Sometimes the long way is more fun.

askmike1

FamilyMan said:
Okay hot shot, tell me why it's listed under Parades and Fireworks on the WDW site...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/dailyview/index?id=MGMCalendarDailyViewPage&date=3/16/2005

I rest my case. Like you said, it's not a fireworks show. But Disney ACTS like it is one. They didn't do that in CA. Why the heck do they do it here?
This is Disney's description of the show "Mickey faces off against Disney villains in a lavish spectacular of dancing water, dramatic music, breathtaking animation, lasers, fireworks and surprises."
And if you really want to be technical about it, the category they put it under is "Nighttime Entertainment."

Also, go to disneyworld.com, click on the Disney-MGM Studios link, and Disney has Fantasmic under Entertainment>Nighttime Entertainment

-Michael

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Brad said:
Sure it wasn't the music from that electric-light-boat-parade thing that goes around the lake every night after Wishes?
It stops in front of the Wilderness Lodge and plays a mixture of tunes including some patriotic ones.

The Electrical Water Pagent, or EWP if you like abbriviations!

Say, Brad, welcome - I don`t think I`ve said it to you (a LOT of newbies here lately. Welcome to you all!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom