• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Thread

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Advertisement
https://www.pottermore.com/news/jude-law-cast-as-albus-dumbledore-in-next-fantastic-beasts-film

We've got our new Dumbledore. Jude Law.

I wanted Jared Harris :( I'm sure Jude Law will be fine though, I like his Dr. Watson in the Sherlock Holmes movies, and he's a fairly decent actor.
I like Jude Law, Harris would have been great! I'm still not happy with Johnny Depp. I guess I should say I'm worried about Depp because I'm not sure what we will get.

Jahona

Original Poster
So lord voldermot's snake is actually a person stuck as a transfigured snake? Wut. I really hope they answer that question at some point because that makes no sense with the rest of the movies/books.

Princess Leia

So lord voldermot's snake is actually a person stuck as a transfigured snake? Wut. I really hope they answer that question at some point because that makes no sense with the rest of the movies/books.
It’s apparently some sort of blood curse magic, but it makes her older than Voldemort. Rowling is claiming she’s had the idea for 20 years, but this seems like an odd way of including it (personally, I liked it better when Nagini was just a snake).

lazyboy97o

It’s apparently some sort of blood curse magic, but it makes her older than Voldemort. Rowling is claiming she’s had the idea for 20 years, but this seems like an odd way of including it (personally, I liked it better when Nagini was just a snake).
I’m really hoping they make a James Bond prequel that shows how Blofeld’s cat became the first feline of global domination.

Princess Leia

So I was kind of proud of this, but when Nagini shows up in Escape from Gringotts, I turned to my friend on the ride last week and said “Would someone please help that Asian woman trapped as a snake????”

Princess Leia

Just looking at some of the first reviews it seems pretty mixed. After the first one I don't really know what I was expecting from this series.
I don’t think the series has a cohesive theme, just from looking in on the outside (after two films).

Focusing on Fantastic Beasts is one thing. Making it about the First Wizard War is another.

Princess Leia

Current Rotten Tomatoes scores:

44% on the Tomato Meter (average rating: 5.4/10)

Audience Score: 76% (Average rating: 4/5)

I’m hoping to see this some time this weekend, I haven’t been to the theaters since Ant-Man & the Wasp 😳

Top Bottom