Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Thread

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Princess Leia

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/25/fantastic-beasts-claudia-kim-nagini/

1537886802056.png

I am pretty confused about all of this. And still wishing that Rowling wrote this as a proper book series first.

Jahona

Original Poster
So lord voldermot's snake is actually a person stuck as a transfigured snake? Wut. I really hope they answer that question at some point because that makes no sense with the rest of the movies/books.

Princess Leia

So lord voldermot's snake is actually a person stuck as a transfigured snake? Wut. I really hope they answer that question at some point because that makes no sense with the rest of the movies/books.
It’s apparently some sort of blood curse magic, but it makes her older than Voldemort. Rowling is claiming she’s had the idea for 20 years, but this seems like an odd way of including it (personally, I liked it better when Nagini was just a snake).

lazyboy97o

It’s apparently some sort of blood curse magic, but it makes her older than Voldemort. Rowling is claiming she’s had the idea for 20 years, but this seems like an odd way of including it (personally, I liked it better when Nagini was just a snake).
I’m really hoping they make a James Bond prequel that shows how Blofeld’s cat became the first feline of global domination.

Princess Leia

So I was kind of proud of this, but when Nagini shows up in Escape from Gringotts, I turned to my friend on the ride last week and said “Would someone please help that Asian woman trapped as a snake????”

Princess Leia

Just looking at some of the first reviews it seems pretty mixed. After the first one I don't really know what I was expecting from this series.
I don’t think the series has a cohesive theme, just from looking in on the outside (after two films).

Focusing on Fantastic Beasts is one thing. Making it about the First Wizard War is another.

Princess Leia

Current Rotten Tomatoes scores:

44% on the Tomato Meter (average rating: 5.4/10)

Audience Score: 76% (Average rating: 4/5)

I’m hoping to see this some time this weekend, I haven’t been to the theaters since Ant-Man & the Wasp 😳

Princess Leia

This sums up my feelings:

Also, regarding this whole new JK Rowling ‘controversy’- I really don’t think she can win. This is a kid’s series, things can’t get that sexual, but we have never heard Dumbledore or Grindelwald mention their relationship (which I get could change over the next 3 movies). The movie seemed to lean towards the relationship at one point, only to mention some weird blood curse thing.

lazyboy97o

Just watched the second one recently. It was not good. In general, prequels just don’t seem to be a good idea for a franchise. Side stories here and there are fine, but stretching out something we know the gist of into several movies just makes for long winded, convoluted boredom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom