Fantasmic?

Dementia

Original Poster
Okay. On May 25th (a Wednesday) we'll be at MGM ... we're going to see Fantasmic...

(before I go on, let me state a few thinsg so there's no confusion: 1. we're not going to get a PS Fantasmic dinner package because it's my brother's birthday and he wanted to do his dinner at Mom's, so we simply can't afford another big meal 2. we're off property, and only have a 3 day pass, so the extras for resort guests and leaving the parks isn't an option here. )

The official site has the show listed at 9, so at 8 pm I was going to go get a seat (with whoever was going to go with me, I'm sure out of my party of 8 there's be about 3 or 4 of us), and figured my BF and whoever else didn't want to wait the whole hour would go on a quick ride, or check something out and come back at 8:30, where I would be holding their seats. Now my questions are A. I'm aware that they close the ropes at a certaint ime and allow no one in, but as long as the rest of my party gets back before that time, can I hold seats for them?

and B. Where do you find the best seats for the show are? Thanks!

dkrfla

The theatre only allows a certain amount of people in and after that they won't let anymore in. I spoke to a CM last week who said that a family tried to do what you want to do and while the family were able to hold the seats unfortunately the rest of the family didn't get in before capacity. He said that the situation got quite ugly but they could not let them in. I wouldn't want to see that happen to you.

As far as the best seats go, in my opinion they are in the center of the theatre near the middle, That is if you don't mind a little mist on your face.

Have fun, it's a great show!

D~

se8472

holding seats is a puffy subject. I have seen peopel fight over holding space for people for spectro.

Now with that fantasmic is a bit diff, and I have never heard of anyone having any problems with saving seats there. If you do, get a CM. As for getting them in before the ropes close, that is all up to how fast the place fill up. My advice would be to try and stay in contact with each other, if it looks like the place is about to fill up, let the other half of the party know so they can RUN to the show.

And for me, best seats are dead center.

AEfx

Likely will not work. I tried it before long ago and the CM's at the gate will laugh at you. They also can close off sections - once it's full, they aren't going to let you down there.

Sure, it's possible if you get a super-nice CM or are on an especially slow night, but the chances of it working out the way you want are slim. Do they really want to be hunting for you among 10,000 people?

Plus, it takes so long just to walk in/out of the theater that the most you are going to get is one quick ride on RnR or ToT - if they have no lines.

Just grab some food and sit down together and reflect on your vacation together. Best not to take chances, especially when the benefit probably wouldn't outweigh the possible cost.

AEfx

psuchad

We were told by a CM that there was absolutely no way we could save seats. We tried leaving a gap but they made us move in. We ended up just waiting for the rest of our party at the top and got pretty good seats. But that was the night of the big thunderstorm and flood from my earlier post in another thread.

Fran98765

I agree, don't bother saving seats. Just enjoy your time together before it gets dark. It is an amazing show and you don't want to miss it!

Dementia

Original Poster
*sigh* Okay, no saving seats then. Just have to find something for my 5 year old to do in the meantime for that whole time. Any suggestions?

And for best east, you suggest in the dead center, halfway up?

Thanks again for your input everyone it helps!

psuchad

Dementia said:
*sigh* Okay, no saving seats then. Just have to find something for my 5 year old to do in the meantime for that whole time. Any suggestions?

And for best east, you suggest in the dead center, halfway up?

Thanks again for your input everyone it helps!

Last time I was there the CM's sold all kinds of night toys like glow necklaces and spinning stuff. They also did their best to entertain kids.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
we save seats all the time for people who are in arena. but when the rope goes up you're not getting back in. the best seats are center due to the support beams out to each side. the fantasmic dinner package seats aren't that good anyway. we like to be towards the top, because of the foot traffic leaving the arena after the show. have a great time. :)

Fran98765

I don't think there are actually bad seats in the house. Those on the sides do slightly block seeing things that are on the other side, but those things will eventually float your way. So, middle is the best for overall view. The first few rows do get somewhat wet from the mist, so if you don't want that, move up a few rows.

Last time, we were there with a 6yo and a 19mo and they didn't complain too much about the wait. There are plenty of sellers that go around selling light up toys and foods, so you can do that. We mostly just played with the toys we bought and talked. It's a great way to relive the day you just had and go over some of the great things you saw. If you have a digital camera or video camera you can also see what you've taken. There are sure to be other kids his age nearby, they will find a way to play a little bit with each other. Don't worry, they'll be fine!

luvorlando

Do they still have pre-show entertainment, other than the inevitable crowd "wave"?

Fantasmic always had some of the best pre-show entertainers. I loved the ToT Bellhops! Everybody say, "Oooooooo...!" Everybody say, "Aaaahhhhhhh...!"

Dementia

Original Poster
We'll be bringing our our glow necklaces and light up toys, as we really don't have the $$$ to buy them from the CMs, so I wonder if they'll interact with my daughter anyway.

I pondered bringing her Leapster to keep her busy. But you're right, there should be other kids in the area for her to play with as well. *hope hope*

Okay so middle of the theatre. Got it.

shoppingnut

Dementia said:
We'll be bringing our our glow necklaces and light up toys, as we really don't have the $$$ to buy them from the CMs, so I wonder if they'll interact with my daughter anyway.

I pondered bringing her Leapster to keep her busy.QUOTE]

When I go in July with my niece and nephew, I plan on going to the dollar store and buying the light up necklaces, braclets too, this way it doesn't cost a fortune. Isn't the leapster a bit big and heavy to be carrying around all day to be used for only one hour while waiting. Unless, of course, they are made like the hand held games now. Maybe look into buying a small inexpensive hand held game at home to bring with you. The CM usually interact with the kids, doesn't matter if you are buying from them or not. Bring a deck of go fish cards, I think they let you at least sit on the ground on line, at least that won't be so heavy to carry.

Dementia

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
Dementia said:

I pondered bringing her Leapster to keep her busy.QUOTE]

When I go in July with my niece and nephew, I plan on going to the dollar store and buying the light up necklaces, braclets too, this way it doesn't cost a fortune. Isn't the leapster a bit big and heavy to be carrying around all day to be used for only one hour while waiting. Unless, of course, they are made like the hand held games now. Maybe look into buying a small inexpensive hand held game at home to bring with you. The CM usually interact with the kids, doesn't matter if you are buying from them or not. Bring a deck of go fish cards, I think they let you at least sit on the ground on line, at least that won't be so heavy to carry.

The Leapster IS handheld, and I know that mesmorizes my DD. Maybe I'll bring cards, I don't know yet. The Leapster has been the only thing to hold her attention for more than 5 minutes.

*starts looking*

DonaldD1987

Dont hold the seats, just enjoy a ride or a shop before the show and then go in somewhat early to see the show. Any seat that you get has a great view. So just enjoy the time that you have while you can.

Dementia said:
shoppingnut said:
The Leapster IS handheld, and I know that mesmorizes my DD. Maybe I'll bring cards, I don't know yet. The Leapster has been the only thing to hold her attention for more than 5 minutes.

*starts looking*

The Leapster is just one more thing that you have to lug around . . . but if it works, bring it!

My son LOVES his Leapster. I have a hard time getting him off of it. The good think is that it is very educational. His favorite are the Word Factory and Letter Factory. He's only 3, but is spelling words. And not only memorizing the spelling but actually sounding them out. It really cool. I love it!

dave2822

1. make sure its relatively light out still when your family is trying to find you, it's sometimes impossible to find someone in the best of conditions

2. i personally dont think there is a bad seat in the house, BUT make sure that no one in your family is claustrophobic, because it could close in on you pretty quickly either during the show or afterwards trying to get out. last time, after a long day, my sister, who isnt even claustrophobic as far as i know, got so hot and just sorta panicked, we were right in the middle of the arena as well. Aisle seats would have obviously worked better

Enjoy your trip!!

Dementia

Original Poster
Dakotadogy said:
Dementia said:
The Leapster is just one more thing that you have to lug around . . . but if it works, bring it!

My son LOVES his Leapster. I have a hard time getting him off of it. The good think is that it is very educational. His favorite are the Word Factory and Letter Factory. He's only 3, but is spelling words. And not only memorizing the spelling but actually sounding them out. It really cool. I love it!

The BF will be bringing the backpack, so we may or may not bring it. The BF also have a Gameboy SP, so he's thinking of just getting one of those cartoon movies you can watch on it to entertain her.

(I think he wants another excuse to hook her on a video game system LOL)

Dementia

Original Poster
dave2822 said:
1. make sure its relatively light out still when your family is trying to find you, it's sometimes impossible to find someone in the best of conditions

2. i personally dont think there is a bad seat in the house, BUT make sure that no one in your family is claustrophobic, because it could close in on you pretty quickly either during the show or afterwards trying to get out. last time, after a long day, my sister, who isnt even claustrophobic as far as i know, got so hot and just sorta panicked, we were right in the middle of the arena as well. Aisle seats would have obviously worked better

Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks for the advice. I probably should have mentioned that we HAVE seen this show twice before (and it's my fave hsow AT Disney), so we know what to expect :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom