Fantasmic

trendicoff

I know what I am buying next time.:) Where is the control room? That must have been interesting.

lol, go for it. The control room is that little tower in the back of the amphitheatre that kinda looks like air traffic control.

As for it being in a separate area unlike the other night time shows, just think about how much easier that makes it on the CMs getting people out. I kow it seems like forever to get out, but its really pretty amazing how quickly they can get 13,000 people out of the park, or at least to the entrance merchandise shops. Next time you're there try comparing the time it takes you from when Fantasmic ends to exit the park compared to let's say having a good seat for Wishes and trying to get out, should be pretty close (or at least it usally is for me). Oh and 1 quick tip, as we all know here your average Disney guest is usually pretty sheep like so when you get out of fantasmic back onto Sunset Blvd cross the street, the far sidewalk is usually empty compared to the one next to the theatre.

Just my 2 cents :)

rimousefan84

DF and I make it a point to see every night show in WDW every time we visit. With that said fantasmic is our least favorite show to see, which is why we do the dinner package so we dont have to wait in that REDICULOUS line before the show.

Pluto'sGrl

I guess it's personal choice. We love it..in fact we try to see it twice when we're at the World. We don't make an ADR the nights we want to see Fantasmic and instead pick up a snack before we go in. Yes, the benches aren't comfortable (particularly if you have back issues), but we have our snack while we're waiting for the show to begin and chat.

Sometimes the CM's work to get the crowd going for the show with the wave and songs. How enjoyable the show is depends on the weather and the crowd, I think. If the ampitheater is filled with wacky people that ooh, ahh, and cheer on Mickey...the show can be a blast. We did see it one night when it was windy and the mist screens on the right side were blowing into the crowd and distorting the projected images...we were somehow still glad that they hadn't cancelled the show though...they probably should have.

I have never seen the show at DLC...now I'm intrigued.

... Instead, it turns into a two-hour long endeavor just to view!

We've always gone on nights when there are two Fantasmic shows. You only need to show up about 20 minutes early for the late showing. It's much less of a wait, plus you can ride attractions while most of the people are seeing the first show. And don't bother with the Fantasmic dining package. I don't think it's worth the extra money to get reserved seating that's actually off to the side of the theatre.

yankspy

lol, go for it. The control room is that little tower in the back of the amphitheatre that kinda looks like air traffic control.

As for it being in a separate area unlike the other night time shows, just think about how much easier that makes it on the CMs getting people out. I kow it seems like forever to get out, but its really pretty amazing how quickly they can get 13,000 people out of the park, or at least to the entrance merchandise shops. Next time you're there try comparing the time it takes you from when Fantasmic ends to exit the park compared to let's say having a good seat for Wishes and trying to get out, should be pretty close (or at least it usally is for me). Oh and 1 quick tip, as we all know here your average Disney guest is usually pretty sheep like so when you get out of fantasmic back onto Sunset Blvd cross the street, the far sidewalk is usually empty compared to the one next to the theatre.

Just my 2 cents :)
I agree. The only way around that, for illuminations at least, is to stay at a Boardwalk area hotel. That is one of the most overlooked advantages to those hotels. It is so nice to see a show and be back in your room 15-20 minutes later.

Glazer

I have been meaning to start a thread about this...but is anyone else completely not impressed with Fantasmic? I know this is Disney blasphemy since everyone seems to love it but I really did not enjoy it.

I just though it was dull and was not impressive. I felt like I was watching a movie for alot of the show since they were just putting the projection on some water. There were not many fireworks (maybe there was a problem that night?), nor was there much pyrotechnic work in general that I can remember.

Did we just catch a bad show night? I have only been this one time and to be honest I would consider not seeing it next time we go down again. Its really the only show I saw that I really didnt like at the world (well the Finding Nemo musical I thought stunk, but thats for another thread :)).

Fantasmic is horrible. I was really hoping for something spectacular, but when I am sitting there looking at projections on water screens for what seems to be forever, I just kept dreaming about all the other wonderful Disney things I could have been doing instead. Once was enough.

JustPlainBill

I saw Fantasmic for the first time last summer, and I thought the show on it's own was good. I didn't have any problems with the technical aspects of the show quality or storyline. The dining package at least takes away the time having to stand in line. I agree that the seating was very uncomfortable. It was difficult trying to enjoy the show with my rump falling asleep and pains shooting up my back, a distraction for me. It's not a show I see myself going to over and over again, I will suffer through it again if my family wants to see it.

RedBaron

I have been meaning to start a thread about this...but is anyone else completely not impressed with Fantasmic? I know this is Disney blasphemy since everyone seems to love it but I really did not enjoy it.

I just though it was dull and was not impressive. I felt like I was watching a movie for alot of the show since they were just putting the projection on some water. There were not many fireworks (maybe there was a problem that night?), nor was there much pyrotechnic work in general that I can remember.

Did we just catch a bad show night? I have only been this one time and to be honest I would consider not seeing it next time we go down again. Its really the only show I saw that I really didnt like at the world (well the Finding Nemo musical I thought stunk, but thats for another thread :)).

You are not alone with your dislike for Fantasmic. My mom and I saw it for the first time on our last trip, and I was completely underwhelmed. After reading the threads here and in the unofficial guide, Fantasmic was described as not to be missed. I thought it was going to be the greatest show on earth, and it did not deliver for me. We only went to MGM that evening to see the show and had to get to the show area about an hour before show time to get a seat, and let me tell you, it was the longest hour of my life. Had I known I would have brought a book. There were a few bits here and there that were sort of cool, but I don't think I will waste my time to see it again in the future (unless hubby and kids want to see it). I guess like you, I thought there would be fireworks and there were none to speak of, so I guess that was not part of the program. My mother however thought it was awesome, go figure.

I do have to say that I did like the Nemo musical though and thought it was great. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom