Fantasmic!

confuseme

Original Poster
We're going to be visiting the world for the first time. I would like to see Fantasmic, however we are not planning to do the dinner and show package. Any tips on how early we need to be there for the show and which day of the week has the least crowd so we won't be packed like sardines?:confused:

I would think any weekday would be better than a weekend for one ... but get there early! Im talking like an hour early ... We thought we could sneak it and stand the last time with like 10 minutes to spare ... and they wouldnt even let us do that is was so packed! Get there early ! Its worth the wait~!

CAPTAIN HOOK

All depends on when you're going and how busy it will be. If there are two shows go to the later one otherwise plan on being there about an hour before show start to get a great central spot

wdwmomof3

I remember standing in line for almost two hours the first time that we watched it and we were pretty close to the front of the line. My two little ones don't remember the show so we are going to try to see it again next month and I am planning on getting in line about 1 hour before this time. :)

lilclerk

Also depends on how busy it is/what time of year it is. We were there in February, got to Fantasmic about 1/2 an hour before it started, and got seats waaaaay to the left of the theatre, 3rd row. Walking in, it seemed absolutely packed and we thought we'd have to stand in the back, but there were plenty of seats way off to the sides, and there was lots of room around us even after the show started.

It did take forever to get out though. Luckily, it was an EMH night, so by the time we got out, there was barely a line for anything.

Fantasmic

I like to get to Fantasmic! at least an Hour early to be safe and sure of decent seats, when were all seated and settled I'll get a hot dog or pretzel or something, we also sometime take some playing cards to pass the time

HPU_Princess

Every time I have gone it has always been packed. The best thing to do is get there early. How early depends on when your going, if there is two shows, etc. If you are going mid-summer do not expect to walk in 30 minutes ahead of time and find amazing seats. Also, if you have a large group of people you want to take that into consideration. But no matter what, the show is worth an hour wait. It is my favorite thing at Disney, and honestly, the only show I have truly wanted to see in the past years (but when you hit 19 the Parades kind of start to lose their magic... but I'm just a lame young adult...).

DizneyPryncess

Keep an eye on the crowds that day. If it's not terribly packed, 30 minutes is safe for seats. If it's really crowded, go earlier. I've never had a problem getting decent seats, but I don't think there's really a bad seat in the theater either.

Tiftay

We went in late March. Ask up front if they are doing two shows. We did and the first show was packed...so we did the drawing class and had dinner... then they do a show when the park closes (like 10 or so) and it was only half full. We got there about 30 minutes before the show started and was one of the first people in. I think for the second show they don't let in till 1/2 hour before the show starts.

Hope this helps!

Tinkrbell

I think for the second show they don't let in till 1/2 hour before the show starts.
They usually let people into the theater for the 2nd show as soon as everyone is out of the theater after the 1st show. (Usually, I have been working there on nights when they "forget" to open the theater for the 2nd show until about 10 minutes before it is supposed to start.)

hustle4disney

Dinner Package?

I have heard recently the Dinner packages for fantasmic are not as beneficial as in the past, I heard there is not a seperate entrance like before? Can anyone confirm that? We are heading there August 16th and I know I likely wont get it, but I thought i would try if it would be beneficial. (I already have all my other ADR's) I have two princesses 5 and 7 and I'm worried about the long wait.

elisatonks

There is no longer a special entrance for dining plan, the entrance is aa victim of the resession (actually fantasmic is a victim all together.) They are currently opening the theatre 2 hrs before 1st show. I'd advise going to the second show if there is on, but make sure you are getting into line 45 min before second show, to get a good seat.

hustle4disney

There is no longer a special entrance for dining plan, the entrance is aa victim of the resession (actually fantasmic is a victim all together.) They are currently opening the theatre 2 hrs before 1st show. I'd advise going to the second show if there is on, but make sure you are getting into line 45 min before second show, to get a good seat.

Thanks, we will be going August 16th I believe there is only one show that night, so is the 45 minutes still a good estimate?..not sure I can keep them entertained for more than an hour.

Thanks for the response

elisatonks

I would not be suprised if they add another show on the days ot is on. If there there is indeed only one show get there at opening time (2 hrs prior). from the info i have been they are pulling the rope within 30 min of opening for the 1st show and the second is getting near if not to capacity this summer. (my source is from a Fantasmic Ops CM, so can be trusted.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom