Fantasmic theme change

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I hate the Pocahantas them! I love the Peter Pan Theme at DL, but wouldn't want Peter Pan at WDW too. What else could they put in to shake up the show and make it better, and you better not say "Home on the Range" (Hey, whatdidja do to Uncle Sliiiim).

iheartdisney91

thats a good idea about aladin but there is already a giant snake we dont want people thinking that the snake is part of aladin too. what about... Alice in wonderland? it can show her running like at the end of the movie before she wakes up and all the "mad' people are running after her... but that wont be long at all now will it?:rolleyes:

dxwwf3

Mecha Figment said:
How about Pirates of the carabean?

I think that is a very good idea. But the show is 100% animated right now and a live action picture scene might feel out of place. That is a good thought though.

I am having trouble thinking of a big movie that would create as good of a scene as Pocohontas though. It is not my favorite part of Fantasmic, but I think it does fit quite well with the stage.

autumndawn1006

It's probably too obscure, but I would love them to incorporate "The Whale who Wanted to Sing at the Met." It would totally fit in with the surrounding scenes.

SpenceMan01

dxwwf3 said:
I am having trouble thinking of a big movie that would create as good of a scene as Pocohontas though. It is not my favorite part of Fantasmic, but I think it does fit quite well with the stage.

Bingo. IF they ever decided to replace that part of the show, I think that whatever they replaced it with would have to make extensive use of the mountain as the Pocahontas scene does now.

I know a lot of people aren't fond of the Pocahontas scene, but I kind of like it. I think the flaming arrows and explosions are cool, along with the stunt men falling off the rocks and John Smith swinging around up there. Pretty cool IMO.

Plutoboy

I LOVE FANTASMIC!!!!! I performed in it for a few years while I worked for WDW. Supposedly there is a MAJOR change coming for Fantasmic at both DL and WDW. For several years there was a rumor that the Florida version would get the PP scene as well but that never happened. As far as what I would like to see go in there?????? I can't come up with anything besides PP that would hold my attention.... it is a live action scene so I still believe it would work. I agree though that the whole Poca scene needs to go.

Chape19714

The problem with Black Cauldron and Treasure plannet, is no matter what they did, nobody would like it, because the movie was no well recieved. That's Pocahontas' situation now, it's a great scene, but because the movie was not popular, the scene is not popular.

DL's Fantasmic! is so hard to live up to, I don't think they could ever top it. From a technical standpoint, Poca is every bit as complex, if not more, than Peter Pan at DL, for different reasons, as the scenes are vastly different, and have very different effects.

As for a MAJOR change as mentioned by Plutoboy, I would think and hope that Disney realizes, if it ain't broke don't fix it. However the new air-pressure launch system currently launching Remember dreams come true at DL, might work for Fantasmic!

Just my opinions. Pocahontas is a very good scene, and so is Pan, it's just a matter of opinion. Poca has more pyro, Pan has more stunts, Poca uses the stage to it's fullest, Pan has great nostalga. Pros and cons to both.

mathmagic

Pirates!

I think a Pirates of the Carribbean scene would be perfect! There could be action on a ship and on the land. Plenty of gunfire and explosions, and if they could figure a way to make people turn into skeletons that would be incredible!

boo52

Chape19714 said:
However the new air-pressure launch system currently launching Remember dreams come true at DL, might work for Fantasmic!
Not really. Two things. 1. Fantasmic! uses all close proximity pyro. They use all low smoke charges. Close proximity doesn't require much lift. Air launch could not be used in this instance. 2. Air launch is for display fireworks. Fantasmic! cannot use display fireworks for the simple fact of proximity to Buena Vista Drive and the main entrance of the studios. There simply is not enough distance.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pocahontas, but it just doesn't give me the "classic Disney magic" feeling of Peter Pan. Therefore, I would love to see Peter Pan put in there in lieu of Pocahontas, or...

There was talk at one point of replacing the Pocahontas scenes with the Nautilus/squid battle from 20,000 Leagues. Now THAT I'd get behind, if only because with the ride gone (and I'd like to see it crop up in Florida in its Tokyo design), I just want a bigger role in the park for my first literary crush, Captain Nemo. Heck, I always thought it would be neat if he were a face character, interacting with the other nautical-themed Disney characters? (Wonder how he and Jack Sparrow would interact?) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom