Fantasmic theme change

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
boo52 said:
Not really. Two things. 1. Fantasmic! uses all close proximity pyro. They use all low smoke charges. Close proximity doesn't require much lift. Air launch could not be used in this instance. 2. Air launch is for display fireworks. Fantasmic! cannot use display fireworks for the simple fact of proximity to Buena Vista Drive and the main entrance of the studios. There simply is not enough distance.
Can I ask what may be a stupid question?

What does proximity to BV Dr. have to do with display fireworks?
MGM shoots from rooftops as does MK, so I'm assuming it's not a debris fallout issue.
:veryconfu

boo52

unkadug said:
Can I ask what may be a stupid question?

What does proximity to BV Dr. have to do with display fireworks?
MGM shoots from rooftops as does MK, so I'm assuming it's not a debris fallout issue.
:veryconfu
The reason is because Buena Vista Dr is about 75 - 100 feet from the backstage area of Fantamic!. Reedy Creek bases there fireworks code off of the NFPA standard which states that you must have 75 feet of clearence for every inch of shell for display fireworks. Also the stuff Wishes shoots from the rooftops and the stuff that the Studios shoots is all close proximity pyro.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
boo52 said:
The reason is because Buena Vista Dr is about 75 - 100 feet from the backstage area of Fantamic!. Reedy Creek bases there fireworks code off of the NFPA standard which states that you must have 75 feet of clearence for every inch of shell for display fireworks. Also the stuff Wishes shoots from the rooftops and the stuff that the Studios shoots is all close proximity pyro.
Oh, OK.

Thank you :wave:

That explains why MK's main firing area is so far back!

Testtrack321

Chape19714 said:
The problem with Black Cauldron and Treasure plannet, is no matter what they did, nobody would like it, because the movie was no well recieved. That's Pocahontas' situation now, it's a great scene, but because the movie was not popular, the scene is not popular.

DL's Fantasmic! is so hard to live up to, I don't think they could ever top it. From a technical standpoint, Poca is every bit as complex, if not more, than Peter Pan at DL, for different reasons, as the scenes are vastly different, and have very different effects.

As for a MAJOR change as mentioned by Plutoboy, I would think and hope that Disney realizes, if it ain't broke don't fix it. However the new air-pressure launch system currently launching Remember dreams come true at DL, might work for Fantasmic!

Just my opinions. Pocahontas is a very good scene, and so is Pan, it's just a matter of opinion. Poca has more pyro, Pan has more stunts, Poca uses the stage to it's fullest, Pan has great nostalga. Pros and cons to both.

Which is why I mentioned them. ;)

Personally, rip out the current show and themes, and instead create a new one from the ground up.

Chape19714

boo52 said:
Not really. Two things. 1. Fantasmic! uses all close proximity pyro. They use all low smoke charges. Close proximity doesn't require much lift. Air launch could not be used in this instance. 2. Air launch is for display fireworks. Fantasmic! cannot use display fireworks for the simple fact of proximity to Buena Vista Drive and the main entrance of the studios. There simply is not enough distance.
Thanks...If it's not apparently obivious, I'm in lighting, not pyrotechnics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom