Fantasmic/Star Wars show question...

JustInTime

Original Poster
Okay, I just noticed something. The Star Wars firework show always plays at the same time as fantasmic. Which means I'll have to choose which to see for my up coming trip. What are they thinking? Has anyone else ran into this problem? I am not sure what I should do.

belledream

Yup, it's happening. More likely than not, you'll have to choose which experience you want to see that night...it's a bummer, but the decision was easy for us. Having seen Fantasmic many times and Star Wars fireworks zero...fireworks.

JustInTime

Original Poster
Yup, it's happening. More likely than not, you'll have to choose which experience you want to see that night...it's a bummer, but the decision was easy for us. Having seen Fantasmic many times and Star Wars fireworks zero...fireworks.
I've seen Fantasmic a ton. But I'm taking a WDW newbie.

belledream

I've seen Fantasmic a ton. But I'm taking a WDW newbie.
That's tough...I assume you're not spending more than one day at HS, so unless your friend is a huge SW fan, I guess Fantasmic shouldn't be missed. I also hear that you can view SW fireworks outside of HS, though you may be missing the projections a bit. That's also an option if you have a free evening to spend without going into HS again.

JustInTime

Original Poster
I'd still chose Star Wars over Fantasmic, can't believe I'd ever say that. But it really depends on if you've got the ability to come back different night; which I guess you don't since you're asking for advice
Okay. And you're right. Only doing one day there. No time for a second. Or even park hop. Thank you!

Marco226

Okay, I just noticed something. The Star Wars firework show always plays at the same time as fantasmic. Which means I'll have to choose which to see for my up coming trip. What are they thinking? Has anyone else ran into this problem? I am not sure what I should do.

Lol yeah this happened on my trip last week. We had no idea they started doing these shows at the same time. I took a Disney newbie with me to Fantasmic, and the fireworks were really distracting at some points in the show from the loud booms. I personally wasn't upset because I've seen the show so many times, but I was a little annoyed at this because this new person wanted to enjoy Fantasmic. He kept looking away at the fireworks behind us wondering what was going on.

If you only have one night, I'd say go to the fireworks show. Too many things can go wrong with Fantasmic, so if you want to make sure you impress your friend, then just go see the fireworks.

Rob562

Interesting that they've gone to simultaneous shows. If I recall correctly, when it first debuted the fireworks were scheduled 30 minutes after Fantasmic, so they'd start about 5 minutes after Fantasmic ended.
I presume they ran into people either stampeding out of Fantasmic early to try and get to see the fireworks, or too many people leaving Fantasmic were trying to exit the park while the fireworks were going on. (I know they had that issue during Star Wars Weekend to try and keep the sidewalks along Hollywood Blvd to be walking only, no standing)

Then there were nights I saw the fireworks ran 15 minutes before Fantasmic, so that Fantasmic started just after the fireworks ended. Still doesn't allow viewing if both shows, but I guess they must've had a crowd flow problem with that, too.

I wonder how long they'll stick to this simultaneous schedule before they try a 4th schedule...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom