Fantasmic Show Closing?

kennyj29

Awesome!

Even if I don't go see it every year, it is one unbelievable show!!!! You can't get rid of a show of that magnitude. I wasn't going to show my cousins when we went because it was their first time and I wanted to show them the Osbourne Lights also. But we found the time to go and they couldn't get over it!!! These were adults I'm speaking of. How anyone can say it should close it beyond me!

:brick:

ImaginationHost

Originally posted by JeepGuy77
I've heard a rumor that Fantasmic! IS closing spring 2004. I've heard they are changing the show. Anyonme else heard this?

Considering Fantasmic! is so popular and doesn't really have any problems, I can't imagine that it's heading down in spring 2004 for refurb...

As of now, it's not scheduled for a refurb...Only thing scheduled is TOD to close...that's about it...

:confused:

ImaginationHost

BenS

Pardon my bad grammer but, Fantasmic ain't going nowhere. Sometimes cast members like having laughs at the expense of us paying guests (no offense to decent cast members, but to bad cast members, offense).

Hello :)

I must add that Fantasmic is THE most spectacular thing I have ever seen. I have seen it 6 times (2 times first holiday, 4 times last holiday) and I know (assuming it's still on) I will wanna see it at least 3 times when I go to WDW in December.

Not meaning to sound like John Travolta here, but I get chills in that end scene when Mickey appears as the Sorcerer at the top of the mountain. I have tried to describe Fantasmic to those who haven't had the privelege of seeing it, and I just can't put it into words.

It even made me start collecting Sorcerer Mickey items! I bought loads from one shop at MGM Studios. The guy serving gave me a smile as if to say "I can tell what you're a fan of!".

Marks out of 10? 89 :sohappy:

It is the :king: of Disneyworld attractions for me.

I have also bought a DVD of Fantasmic via ebay.com, so I am looking forward to checking that out when/if it arrives.

Anyway, in case you hadn't picked up my vibe, I love Fantasmic ha ha.

Hank Scorpio

A DVD of Fantasmic!? :veryconfu :king:

Also, how did you manage to see the show so many times when you live in the UK? You must be a congillionaiire! :lol:

A congillionaire? I wish :king:

I saw it 6 times over 2 holidays, so it's not like I've been loads of times to Disneyworld, though I wish I could say that :)

The DVD was $14.99, around £12, so, if it arrives safely, will be money well spent. My DVD has a feature to play NTSC, so should play OK on that.

I wonder how long it'll take to get to me.

I WANT IT NOW!!!! :brick:

bmxviper02

NO MORE CHARACTER CARAVAN!:( i loved waking up at the Caribbean Beach or AK lodge and eating with the characters.. ima gonna go cry:cry:

For the record, my DVD copy of "Fantasmic" arrived safely in the post after 2 weeks.

I have now ordered another DVD which features the four '100 Years Of Magic' parades.

If anyone is interested, go to ebay.com. The guy's name is Rob Davison, from Tampa, and he does loads of different Disneyworld DVDs.

Just to let you know, the DVD quality is pretty good!

Fantasmic rules!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

By the way bmxviper 02...

Can I just say I love your signature "It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip For Today".

When I stayed at All Star Sports and Music, I just loved hearing that on the Disney TV channel.

I can't stop singing it now!!!

:lol:

swhite

Fantasmic

Have no fear Fantasmic303 I also have read that the Fantasmic Dinner Package was to discontinue not the actual show well what I read was that they were not going to accept PS reservation in advance that they were going to go on a month by month basis. I'm sure Disney would upset more people if they close Fantasmic then they had upon the dicontinue of the Character Caravan!!!:wave: :wave: :wave: Last year was my 1st Fantasmic show and I enjoyed the wait it was well worth it and we also met alot of nice people from all over the US plan to see again on our trip this year :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Becky

Originally posted by bmxviper02
NO MORE CHARACTER CARAVAN!:( i loved waking up at the Caribbean Beach or AK lodge and eating with the characters.. ima gonna go cry:cry:

They discontinued the Character Caravan at AK Lodge because the animals were eating the characters.:eek: They didn't understand that they were supposed to eat WITH the characters:D

hthbellhop

I'm a ToT/F! CM, and seriously, Fantasmic is not going anywhere. Are you KIDDING me? It's the only reason they built that freaking hat in front of the Chinese Theatre. It is the single most popular show in all of WDW. Trust me, no worries...the only reason it would close would be for refurbishing, as all attractions do.

While we're on the subject, some of you mentioned that it must cost a lot to run one showing. You're VERY right. Anyone want to guess at how much one show costs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom