Fantasmic Show Closing?

Fantasmic303

Original Poster
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about the status of Fantasmic! at WDW. The show in Disneyland has always been a favorite of mine, but I haven't been in Florida since they added it at the Studios. I got a trip to WDW for Christmas, and I was soe excited to get to finally see the new(er) show. We'll be going down in March, but here's the problem...

I was on the phone with Reservations last week, and the man I talked to said he had heard that Fantasmic! might be closing at the end of February. I haven't heard or read anything about it, but he seemed to think that it was the case. I'm hoping he was thinking of another attraction or perhaps the show in Disneyland, but regardless...

Does anyone know what's going on with it?

crazygirley

I personally wouldn't mind. I think it is awful when you have all of those people leaving one place at one time. It takes you hours to get out of the park at the end of the day. I'm not too impressed by Fantasmic!

Invero

Perhaps he meant that it might be closed for rehab that week? *shrug* With Fantasmic being as popular as it is, I can't see them getting rid of it...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
that's what I was thinking Tyler... if they announce anything to the cast, I'll hear it, and I'll post it.

That show is one of the main draws to the park, I can't see them cutting it

Fantasmic303

Original Poster
Thanks, guys. I had hoped that was the case. I'm already disappointed that the Great Movie Ride will be down during my visit, I didn't want to miss another of the things I was looking forward to!! :)

Maerj

I think the guy you talked to was confused. The 100 Years of Magic Celebration is done in February, NOT Fantasmic. He was just mixed up.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by mktiggerman
That show is one of the main draws to the park, I can't see them cutting it
There haven't been any announcements on any of the other unofficial sites - I think the CM who you spoke to was having a laugh at your expense.

Fantasmic303

Original Poster
:lol: LoL - Not so much a laugh at my expense as it was an "I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with this reservation, so maybe if I just keep on talking like I know what's going on at WDW she won't notice that I'm fumbling over her room rates."

But here's a question for y'all, totally off the topic of this but something I just started thinking about...

What's the status of Surprise Mornings? Have E-Nights taken over or do they still offer them for Resort guests?

Mission: SPACE

Fantasmic303:

The early morning program is now once again active. It was replaced by the Character Caravan, a group of busses which 'took' the characters around to certain resorts on certain days. However, people (like MYSELF!!!) complained about this as a replacement for early mornings and it was brought back. Check with 1-800-DISNEY for dates which you will be visiting the World on.
As for Fantasmic!, I don't think that it will be leaving. The show is much too popular. Everytime I am at the parks, which is about once a month, you MUST get there AT LEAST 45 minutes before the show to even get a decent seat, and with poplularity like that, I don't see it going away. Disney makes too much off of concessions, and all the special lights, etc. to get rid of it! NO WAY is Fantasmic! leaving, in my personal opinion!!!

CREEKWAYNE

Welcome fantasmic303 :wave: :wave: :wave:

I pretty much agree with most of what has already been said. Fantasmic is way toooooo popular of a show to be cancelled. I know lots of people who would be really disappointed if that happened.:cry:

3859 minutes and counting...:sohappy:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by TaborDude
The early morning program is now once again active. It was replaced by the Character Caravan, a group of busses which 'took' the characters around to certain resorts on certain days. However, people (like MYSELF!!!) complained about this as a replacement for early mornings and it was brought back.

right... yet in sheer numbers, more guests took advantage of the caravan than Magic Morning/EMH. Whatever, theres no pleasing people. I understand how people want EMG/Magic Morning, but once you about it and get it reinstated, USE IT!

Check with 1-800-DISNEY for dates which you will be visiting the World on.

2 problems.

1- not enough digits.

2- WDW has no 800 numbers

As for Fantasmic!, I don't think that it will be leaving. The show is much too popular. Everytime I am at the parks, which is about once a month, you MUST get there AT LEAST 45 minutes before the show to even get a decent seat, and with poplularity like that, I don't see it going away. Disney makes too much off of concessions, and all the special lights, etc. to get rid of it! NO WAY is Fantasmic! leaving, in my personal opinion!!!

smart man...

last but not least-

drop the attitude

Invero

However, people (like MYSELF!!!) complained about this as a replacement for early mornings and it was brought back. Check with 1-800-DISNEY for dates which you will be visiting the World on.

Umm... two things...

First, the Character Caravan was a success. Many people enjoyed having the Characters visit them at the resorts. In fact, I'm taking a wild guess at this, but based on what I saw, the Caravan might have actually been more popular with the guests.

Contrary to popular belief, Early Entry was never a popular thing. Even now that it's back... I've driven many runs early in the morning for the EMH, and I've barely picked anyone up.

I personally prefer the Character Caravan to the Extra Magic Hour... gives the guests more of a chance to get personal with the characters... when I was working at the Grand Floridian, I'd see the characters playing with the kids in the lobby... it was great. It was much more personal than the pictures and autographs that you get in the parks.

Secondly... Disney does not have an 800 number. Not to mention, that's not enough numerals for a phone number. The correct number is 407-WDISNEY.

Stellajack

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Umm... two things...

First, the Character Caravan was a success. Many people enjoyed having the Characters visit them at the resorts. In fact, I'm taking a wild guess at this, but based on what I saw, the Caravan might have actually been more popular with the guests

I agree ! ! ! Having the characters visit before leaving for the park is a great way to start out your day! We loved it! It would be great if guests could have EMH as well as Character Caravans and then maybe we would ALL be happy! I guess it's true, the "sqeaky wheel always gets the oil!"

meeko_33785

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Umm... two things...

First, the Character Caravan was a success. Many people enjoyed having the Characters visit them at the resorts. In fact, I'm taking a wild guess at this, but based on what I saw, the Caravan might have actually been more popular with the guests.

Contrary to popular belief, Early Entry was never a popular thing. Even now that it's back... I've driven many runs early in the morning for the EMH, and I've barely picked anyone up.

I personally prefer the Character Caravan to the Extra Magic Hour... gives the guests more of a chance to get personal with the characters... when I was working at the Grand Floridian, I'd see the characters playing with the kids in the lobby... it was great. It was much more personal than the pictures and autographs that you get in the parks.

I also enjoyed the character caravan, but I know a lot of guests didn't find it very thrilling. Not neerly as many guests enjoy meeting the characters as actually going to the parks. Besides, with character caravan you only had the perk of having characters at your resort two or so days out of the week while you can take advantage of EMH daily. And even though the busses arn't full at every resort, when you combine all the people from all the resorts, it definatly makes it worth it for Disney to open the couple of attractions the do during EMH. I did very much enjoy Character Caravan, but I'm happy to see EMH back.

And back on topic, maybe they were refering to DL's Fantasmic. I know their Rivers of America where they show Fantasmic is drained, which (I'm guessing) does not allow them to present Fantasmic.

disneyman2

:D Hey guys...just letting you know there is one way to get around calling Disney on your own long distance...call the travel package company at 1-800-828-0228 and they can transfer you most anywhere and you don't get charged. Thought it would be helpful. As for Fantasmic, it rocks beyond belief and I also join the ranks of those who say you were told nothing but a nasty rumor.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by disneyman2
:D Hey guys...just letting you know there is one way to get around calling Disney on your own long distance...call the travel package company at 1-800-828-0228 and they can transfer you most anywhere and you don't get charged. Thought it would be helpful. As for Fantasmic, it rocks beyond belief and I also join the ranks of those who say you were told nothing but a nasty rumor.

You can also get in to a situation you don't want to be in by doing this. Sometimes the travel company will go ahead and book your hotel room (even without a a package). Then you will have to follow their rules. You will have to place a different deposit amount and you will have less time for cancellations. Sometimes that little bit of extra money for the call may save you a big headache in the long run.

mudogs

I think the CM you were talking to was confused in regard to Fantasmic. The Fantasmic Dinner Package is ending at the end of February, but not the show, as far as I have heard. The package is where you get reservations at one of the restaurants and get passes into the show to a reserved section. WDW Dining was taking reservations over the phone for this. Starting in March it will go back to the old system of reserving 7 days in advance through your resort or making reservations at MGM when you arrive at the park. I have also read somewhere you can call the restaurant directly, but I'm not sure if this is true. I'm sure this is probably what the CM was talking about. He may have thought the show was ending because the dining package was.:veryconfu

Maerj

I still say that the travel guy got Fantasmic mixed up with the 100 years of magic celebration...

:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom