Fantasmic Seating Question

LadyDarling

Hi folks! Just wondering if you knew how the seating works for Fantasmic. When DH and I went in 2001, you couldn't really pick your seat. The Cast Members lined you up and you went into the row they had you slated for. Basically, they were filling seats from the closest to the entrance down, so if you were first in line, you ended up with a front row, far right seat. I'm taking a group in 39 days (yeah!) and we'd like to get near the front, center seats, but I don't want to have to find a strategy for counting parties ahead of me so I can get close to where I want to be.

So... have they changed the way they seat you? If we're there as one of the first parties in line, do we have our pick of seats?
Too bad we're not doing the dessert party we did in 2003 (wdwmagic.com meet and greet)! That was AWESOME!

DisneyFreak1228

Yes, the way you described the seating is what we used to call packing. We no longer do that. If you get there early enough (like within the first hour of show load) you will have your pick of seats, what we now call freeflowing.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

for the best place to sit either mickey or scar sections anywhere basiclly, but if you don't want to get wet stay up high, if it doesn't matter, all the way down front, did that the first time and thought it was great, but on windy days you may want to think about it. But down front you get to see soooo much better.:slurp:

Upvote 0

X12345

Please tell me you have a bit of a jump on the general admission by getting the dinner show package (such as brown derby restaurant). I did that for my vacation coming up and it seems to me I get to jump in a different line besides the regular one. How much time do you typically have to get there ahead of time?

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

jpstajdl said:
Please tell me you have a bit of a jump on the general admission by getting the dinner show package (such as brown derby restaurant). I did that for my vacation coming up and it seems to me I get to jump in a different line besides the regular one. How much time do you typically have to get there ahead of time?
When are you going? Recommended seating times for Fantasmic can range anywhere from 20 or 30 minutes all the way up to 90 or 120 minutes depending on season and which show you go to.

With the Dining Package, there is a section reserved for people who have bought the package. You still need to get to the Fantasmic Amphitheater at least 30 minutes early. The seating is at the far right of the stadium and is first-come, first-served, so you have to get there earlier than 30 minutes to get a good seat in the section (though it's been said that there are no bad seats).

I've never considered getting the Dinner Package for a couple reasons. We go in the off-season (last trip was in Jan '05), so the stadium isn't all the crowded until just before showtime. We also don't eat big meals in the parks.

If you go in a busier season and there are multiple showings of Fantasmic in a single night, the later ones are always less busy. I'd recommend going to those.

So, jpstajdl, let us know when you're going and we can give you a better recommendation on what to do. :wave:

Upvote 0

X12345

SpenceMan01 said:
So, jpstajdl, let us know when you're going and we can give you a better recommendation on what to do. :wave:

The dinner ressie is at 5pm new years eve! As I understand it, one of the busiest days of the year! 5 is the only time I could get a ressie at the brown derby. Can i goto any of the fantasmic showings, or is there a specific one you get with the package?

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

~john

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom