Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I wouldn’t call it “insane.” The lines down the street before they admit guests into the theater look insane, but guests are still getting into the first show even as it’s beginning, and the second show is not playing to full capacity (the extreme side sections are typically empty for the late show). That may soon change, however, when a chunk of seats get shifted to the dining package.

I would say it’s certainly been very popular, and if you want to be in the center sections you need to line up early, but if your goal is just to get into the theater, you don’t need to commit a ton of time to it right now.

gerarar

Premium Member
First show (11/20 7:30pm):
  • Partial lasers, 2/3 sets off.
  • No pyro before flower segment (4 days and counting).
  • No Beauty and Beast barge. Also they turned off the center laser projections for this, which would project a rose, shell, and bow for each princess.
  • Snake headlights didn't turn on.
  • Snake didn't move around stage either.
  • Dragon pyro misfired.
  • Steamboat pyro pinwheels okay, some didn't spin.
  • Belle and Beast was on steamboat.
  • Pyro pinwheels on water barges weren't released again like last night, stayed in down position.
  • Was drizzling a bit. One section empty on either side. Surprisingly show wasn't delayed or cancelled.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

• No third monkey barge.
  • No Beauty and Beast barge. Also they turned off the center laser projections for this, which would project a rose, shell, and bow for each princess.
  • Dragon pyro misfired.
  • Pyro pinwheels on water barges weren't released again, stayed in down position.
  • Was drizzling a bit. One section empty on either side. Surprisingly show wasn't delayed or cancelled.
You beat Me!!!!! Thanks!!:) :) LOL!!!!!!!! Well done for F! in this weather DHS!! Doing better than MVMCP so far.......

Squishy

• No third monkey barge.
  • Dragon pyro misfired.
  • Belle and Beast was on steamboat, so may be barge issue instead.
  • Pyro pinwheels on water barges weren't released again like last night, stayed in down position.
There was 3 monkey barges tonight, it was only missing for BatB.

Figment82

I saw the 7:30 show on Friday, and one of the monkey barges bumped into the wall right in front of our section (Maleficent). The driver and performers recovered really quickly. I actually don’t think many people even noticed. It was operational for the Princess segment.

There was a sizable crowd on Sunset waiting to go in before they opened the theater. We were going to wait to get a seat closer to show time, but ended up going in around 6:30 and it was already filling in steadily. They were still loading the very extreme edges right before showtime.

I hadn’t seen the show in years (mainly due to being jaded by the lack of updates/maintenance, and having seen/“been spoiled by” DL’s version) but really wanted to see new segments and to take my 4-year to see the show for the first time. It looked amazing - it took me back to 1998 when I first saw F! and rekindled my love for the show. My daughter was absolutely captivated by it, and it was so fun to revisit it through her eyes.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
  • Dragon pyro misfired.
  • Belle and Beast was on steamboat.
Second show (11/20 9pm):
  • Still partial lasers, 2/3 sets off.
  • No pyro before flower segment.
  • Beauty and Beast barge was present for princess segment during this showing. Was missing during first show.
  • Snake headlights working.
  • Snake didn't move on stage again due to rain.
  • Dragon pyro misfired (although it looks like it's intentional now).
  • Steamboat pyro pinwheels okay, 1 didn't spin.
  • No ribbons on steamboat, was there during first show.
  • Pyro pinwheels weren't released again, stuck in down position.
  • Fire didn't go off in front of barges in finale.
  • Dragon stuck on stage. Fountains up because of it. Fixed by the time Sorceror Mickey appears
  • No pyro when Sorceror Mickey appears on top of mountain and disappears.
  • Tuxedo Mickey didn't use lift when he reappeared. Came from side of stage. Stage pyro also wasn't used.
  • Show started on time. 3 sections empty on both sides. Guess lots of guests bailed HS because of the rain.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
First show (11/22 7:30pm):
  • No livestream available.
Second show (11/22 9pm):
  • Partial laser projections, 2/3 sets off.
  • No pyro before flower segment.
  • No dragon pyro, did breath fire instead.
  • Ariel and Eric didn't have ribbons in finale.
  • Four sections empty, three on left one on right (facing stage).

Side note, I noticed there are two distinct CM's that play the Moana role, depending on the night. One of them is really really into the role when they jump into water as they also splash their hands into the water. The other is just as much into it, but they don't touch the water, just kick it. Really cool to see two different takes on the choreography.

Same with the CM's that play Aladdin. One of them does an extra little 360° spin when they jump, the other(s) just do simple jump with the rope.

gerarar

Premium Member
Has this show always had constantly random broken things? Am I too dumb to notice?
It's always had small things broken here and there, varying night to night. Most of the time it's normal stuff like no ribbons in the finale, no moat fire, missed pyro cues, etc. It's just more noticeable now since the show just came back and obviously I'm taking note of it nightly (when replays available).

But there are major ones now like broken/missing projection lasers. Before the closure the regular lasers have been inoperational for a couple months, so old habits come back lol?

wutisgood

It's always had small things broken here and there, varying night to night. Most of the time it's normal stuff like no ribbons in the finale, no moat fire, missed pyro cues, etc. It's just more noticeable now since the show just came back and obviously I'm taking note of it nightly (when replays available).

But there are major ones now like broken/missing projection lasers. Before the closure the regular lasers have been inoperational for a couple months, so old habits come back lol?
I just imagine as a person who has done some entertainment work in the past that missing things every show would get people fired.

AJT607

I’ve been trying to learn more about the backups when loading the theater. I’ve heard multiple reports that the process seems to be taking the cast members longer than it did before the shutdown. Does this process seem to be getting better as the show has been back now for a few weeks? What is causing the inefficiency?

gerarar

Premium Member
I’ve been trying to learn more about the backups when loading the theater. I’ve heard multiple reports that the process seems to be taking the cast members longer than it did before the shutdown. Does this process seem to be getting better as the show has been back now for a few weeks? What is causing the inefficiency?
The first show has been always starting on time, and more recently the second show has also been on time, so I would say they've been improving on operations/loading since reopening.
However there haven't been any livestreams the past couple days, when crowds are at their peak due to the holidays, so can't say for sure.

I've been noticing for the second show once it's 15 or so mins til scheduled showtime, they only load people through that side exit on the right side, not through the center anymore. So you end up with situations when the left side of the amphitheater completely empty but the right side mostly filled.
Example from the other night, 2nd show:
Screenshot_20221126_171933.jpg

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Good news! All the laser projections finally returned last night. 2 of the 3 sets (left and right) have been broken since the hurricane closure a couple weeks ago.

Now we get all the cool effects on the stage and rockwork again like:
Screenshot_20221128-121637_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221128-122134_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221128-122056_YouTube.jpg

Also in the beginning when Mickey first appears, there's more pixie dust from the lasers around the stage making it more complete.

gerarar

Premium Member
Fantasmic had a big technical mishap last night! The steamboat didn't come out AND no characters came out on stage.

Usually if they know that the steamboat's down for whatever reason, they prepare for the B-mode finale where all the characters come out on stage to perform the ribbon dance.

But that didn't happen last night. My best guess is that all the CMs were already on the steamboat, but the steamboat failed last second and didn't move, hence no characters at all on stage. Instead guests got some pretty lights, fountains, and eventually pyro. Do note that the pinwheels on the barges didn't activate either, so that's another miss for the night.

Here's a video from last night's show:

The only time I ever saw something similar happen was when the dragon got stuck on stage, and the steamboat was down for refurbishment. It's a rare sight!

Found another clip on Twitter. Even the boat lighting got activated, but quickly shut off lol

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fantasmic had a big technical mishap last night! The steamboat didn't come out AND no characters came out on stage.

Usually if they know that the steamboat's down for whatever reason, they prepare for the B-mode finale where all the characters come out on stage to perform the ribbon dance.

But that didn't happen last night. My best guess is that all the CMs were already on the steamboat, but the steamboat failed last second and didn't move, hence no characters at all on stage. Instead guests got some pretty lights, fountains, and eventually pyro. Do note that the pinwheels on the barges didn't activate either, so that's another miss for the night.
They need to get CMs that know how to swim!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom