Fantasmic Reopening Watch

TTA94

Just my own thoughts but I think this will be a watered down version of DLs last F! update. Of course to be fair the venues are very different. Even if it’s just new lighting, added projections and new fountains, that will definitely be nice.

Disney Analyst

Just my own thoughts but I think this will be a watered down version of DLs last F! update. Of course to be fair the venues are very different. Even if it’s just new lighting, added projections and new fountains, that will definitely be nice.

Im definitely think DHS will get projection mapping on the mountain, probably.

Id also think they will axe the Pocahontas segment. I could see them replacing with Moana.

ChristianG

The rock cover for the dragon is seen backstage. (Top left) Maleficent's caves appear to be empty.

Looks like the green High reach is working on lighting as well. Fingers crossed all the equipment will be new when it comes back.

With how much work needs to be done, I wouldn't be surprised if it opens in late March in time for the spring break crowds.
Interesting note about the door for Maleficent. I'm still not expecting a whole new dragon, but I am intrigued by the work being done there.

Movielover

Interesting note about the door for Maleficent. I'm still not expecting a whole new dragon, but I am intrigued by the work being done there.
I too don't expect a new dragon. Major structural changes would have to take place to put in Murphy from DL. They are probably disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling it similar to the steamboat. Dragon should run like new again. Looking forward to seeing this show run like new!

jrhwdw

OK! F! confrimed for 2022 on both coasts! Can DHS' F! Referb pick it up/end quicker so we can see signs of life on that Mountain????

Disneyson

I’m pretty sure the “adventure” sequence is going to be a mash-up on three different parts of the stage of Anna and Kristoff being attacked by Marshmallow at the top of the mountain as Elsa shuns them, Moana trying to restore the heart of Te Fiti as she rows her boat, and Aladdin and Jasmine in the Marketplace as they try to evade the Sultan’s guards in a scene similar to Cairo in Indiana Jones. This scene could also be the Cave of Wonders escape or the Finale Snake moved to here as mainly projection mapping aside from, maybe, a puppet head. Projection mapping can morph the mountain into Te Ka, the North Mountain, and Agrabah pretty easily. Probably the exact same amount of actors as in Pocahontas if not less. Swinging John Smith becomes Kristoff, Pocahontas becomes Moana. They might even throw in an intro from Let It Go and cut the bubbles down.

Ideally, this ends with some musical mashup of all the characters making up/“winning”, or else Aladdin and Jasmine get up onto Carpet and it transitions into Princesses.

Wish list would then be then to change out Jafar.

Gaining at least six highly recognizable characters and losing the colonialists while cutting down on equity actors feels like a win/win for Disney.

jrhwdw

Is there a Media Week planned with the Star Cruiser where some things might be ready?(F!, MK Stuff)Or is it just a 2 Night Stay for Media and everyone leaves with no other Openings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom