Fantasmic Reopening Watch

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I don't think this needs VQ. LL might make it some monies but it, like a VQ wouldn't really expedite butts in seats. The added bonus for Disney now is that with F! showing nightly, there's less guests queued for the park's limited attractions. Of course the biggest takeaway is that Fantasmic! has enough draw to pull some families away from Magic Kingdom. So glad Fantasmic! is back!

rescue_ranger

Just a bit of today’s situation for anyone curious. They will not let anyone near the area until they clear out the final beauty and the beast show which ends at 5:30. They are asking people to stay away from the area until 6 and saying they’ll likely begin queuing around 6:30. However, every vlogger/blogger I know is sitting nearby at the various nearby eating locations.

Wanted to follow up on my earlier post. As everyone has seen, they started letting people line up around roughly 5 and officially started calling it the F! line. Fortunately, we happened to be drinking a couple of beers nearby waiting on a LL and I looked up and said “wait, it looks like people are lining up” so we were able to join the queue. Overall, the show was stunning but ops definitely dropped the ball in how the line was handled.

gerarar

Premium Member
Great first public showing tonight, but a few miscues in the first show

Mickey's swords pyro off when defeating Malificient dragon.
Pyro pinwheels on steamboat was off

Although snake headlights were on!
Update from the second show tonight:

Mickey sword pyro on and working!
Steamboat pinwheel pyro also working!
(it did seem windier earlier which may explain why they were shut off)

Perfect showing! Congrats to all the wonderful CMs who work to put on this spectacular 😄

Also it's weird how there's no post-show announcement to not climb on top of the bleachers lol

jrhwdw

Update from the second show tonight:

Mickey sword pyro on and working!
Steamboat pinwheel pyro also working!
(it did seem windier earlier which may explain why they were shut off)

Perfect showing! Congrats to all the wonderful CMs who work to put on this spectacular 😄
Not really a Standing O the Second Show.....Darn It! LOL!!!!!

But DHS Did It!!!!!!!!!!! 2 Dry F!'s!!!!

As far as lines... I thought the 9:30 line was too big for that showing, I was wrong. It seemed everyone got in, the theatre did not reach 100% and I haven't seen any Tweets about People being turned away for the 9:30. Question is, Did DHS close that line at Park Close or at Showtime which turned out to be 9:50?

gerarar

Premium Member
Not really a Standing O the Second Show.....Darn It! LOL!!!!!

But DHS Did It!!!!!!!!!!! 2 Dry F!'s!!!!

As far as lines... I thought the 9:30 line was too big for that showing, I was wrong. It seemed everyone got in, the theatre did not reach 100% and I haven't seen any Tweets about People being turned away for the 9:30. Question is, Did DHS close that line at Park Close or at Showtime which turned out to be 9:50?
Kudos for ops/CMs for delaying the show ~20 mins to wait to seat everyone in line for standby. I don't think they did close it because there was still a few rows of bleachers open plus standing room.

You could always get in late for F!, so I don't see that changing, especially with 2 shows. Now when it goes down to just 1 show daily, who knows what might happen..

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The fact that there appeared to be seats for the 2nd show right up to showtime gives makes me think I’ll head over there tomorrow evening to try and catch the second show. I think I’ll hop in line when the first show starts.

jrhwdw

Kudos for ops/CMs for delaying the show ~20 mins to wait to seat everyone in line for standby. I don't think they did close it because there was still a few rows of bleachers open plus standing room.

You could always get in late for F!, so I don't see that changing, especially with 2 shows. Now when it goes down to just 1 show daily, who knows what might happen..
I don't remeber Pre COVID if F's Line(if there was one)closed with the park like Attractions? Or the Line is just open until F! Ends.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob/Josh - “What were we thinking? Think of all the revenue we could have made by making this ILL-only! We won’t make that same mistake twice.”

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Gallery of photos from tonight's Fantasmic! reopening

Fantasmic_Full_49153.jpg

Fantasmic_Full_49152.jpg

Fantasmic_Full_49165.jpg

Fantasmic_Full_49182.jpg

Fantasmic_Full_49195.jpg

Lots more at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...c!-reopening-night-show---november-4-2022.htm

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
A few takeaways.

God, I didn't realize how much I missed Fantasmic! It's actually a god-tier show that would ironically fit perfectly in a Villains land. I love the musical arrangements, the choreography of the entire production from the lighting to the fountains to the scene transitions, and the large-scale lore-filled premise of the show.

I'm only judging the new scene based on various videos. Still, it seems like a downgrade from the original Pocahontas scene. Seems like they just wanted to stuff a bunch of IP in a scene instead of sticking with just one or a concept based on all of them (which continues the current trend at Disney). There doesn't seem to be much going on in the mini-scenes either (with only a couple of people at a time on stage hopping about borderline cringingly), in contrast with the multilayered original one. In addition, it's not a new rendition of the songs; the same goes for the film clips: it's practically copied and pasted from their respective movies.

The change totally ignores the tonal purpose of the original scene within the show (which shifts from negative to bittersweet) as it's now totally positive, and we lose a great deal of incredible musical arrangements (I'm aware the 'similar' type of scene has been used for different purposes in DL, but it doesn't work as well specifically for HWS' production).

As such, it essentially feels out of place from the rest of the show, which is still top-notch and in better shape than ever, although it's lacking substantive updates like made-for-Fantasmic clip changes or an impressive new scene like DL got a few years ago.

If you watch them, including the scene before and after, you'll likely see what I mean:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom