News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

aladdin2007

its time for FOF to go Im sorry to say, a decade overdue, but its still new to the accountants probably. ,I just think its a mish-mash bit of a mess really, kind of always was. Have a feeling sadly once it does go away they will only do short cavalcades etc, they would love to not have any parade of any kind. such a shame. They just don't have anyone running the place with any kind of vision.

TTA94

its time for FOF to go Im sorry to say, a decade overdue, but its still new to the accountants probably. ,I just think its a mish-mash bit of a mess really, kind of always was. Have a feeling sadly once it does go away they will only do short cavalcades etc, they would love to not have any parade of any kind. such a shame. They just don't have anyone running the place with any kind of vision.

That’s my fear to that when FoF ends that will be the end of a full parade.

mm52200

No operationally having the parade is still a HIGH priority to MK operations…there’s a reason it’s still twice a day a year after reopening, sure part of that is due to the Lightning Lane of it all but it’s a high priority for the park.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It doesn't feel excusable for the Magic Kingdom to present a parade in 2023 with so many cuts. Unless a new parade is coming SOON, restore FoF.
Unless there’s a new unannounced parade coming in the next few months they need to restore FOF ASAP. And if there is a new daytime parade, there shouldn’t be. We need a new nighttime parade.

jrhwdw

That’s my fear to that when FoF ends that will be the end of a full parade.
I'm sorry but Why did FOF come back in the first place if MK is Done with Full Parades???? We don't need High Price Parties if MK is done with them as well! Honestly!!!!

Is any Park looks happy without a Day Parade...it's DL! MH should have returned with MSEP last year!

The saddest part is Both parks seems content with no night parade!!

DL only uses MSEP when DL needs it, not regularly like MK. DLR forgot about PTN, and MK won't make a Night Parade(that we know of)!

MagicHappens1971

I'm sorry but Why did FOF come back in the first place if MK is Done with Full Parades???? We don't need High Price Parties if MK is done with them as well! Honestly!!!!

Is any Park looks happy without a Day Parade...it's DL! MH should have returned with MSEP last year!

The saddest part is Both parks seems content with no night parade!!

DL only uses MSEP when DL needs it, not regularly like MK. DLR forgot about PTN, and MK won't make a Night Parade(that we know of)!
MK is not done with day parades. They run FoF along with two different calvacades.

PTN is very expensive to run and is the main reason why it doesn’t run regularly at DL. Aside from cost, the ops/logistical nightmare of a nighttime parade @ MK has been the rumored main reason as to why they haven’t brought a new one in

jrhwdw

MK is not done with day parades. They run FoF along with two different calvacades.

PTN is very expensive to run and is the main reason why it doesn’t run regularly at DL. Aside from cost, the ops/logistical nightmare of a nighttime parade @ MK has been the rumored main reason as to why they haven’t brought a new one in
Oh I know! IDK where People come up with this stuff...... I will say that MK is Stubborn with FOF's Cast.......Keeping it at 2022 Levels, even after Full Casts retruned for the Parties....

FOF should be restored, whether or not a new Parade, Day or Night is in the works!

Looks like the 50th Cavalcade really is done March 31st. Are we getting a 100th? Or do we just have Adv. Friends when HEA Returns??

tcool123

Oh I know! IDK where People come up with this stuff...... I will say that MK is Stubborn with FOF's Cast.......Keeping it at 2022 Levels, even after Full Casts retruned for the Parties....

FOF should be restored, whether or not a new Parade, Day or Night is in the works!

Looks like the 50th Cavalcade really is done March 31st. Are we getting a 100th? Or do we just have Adv. Friends when HEA Returns??
Move It! Shake It Mousekedance It! could return in the gap with the current gang in the 50th Calvacade

Starship824

In the Parks
No

I disagree with the idea that MK can’t run a nighttime parade because of crowds. Disneyland, which as we all know is much smaller, during the summer of 2022 ran two parades each night, fireworks and Fantasmic all in the same park! And MK used to do this with MSEP and Wishes.

TDLFan

It would be wise of them to have a no fail option for the 100th (MSEP for example, I know, I know), in the fall when the new Epcot show debuts. They've just had 3 shows close, they can't afford this Epcot show to get negative press and IF it does, something like a "new" or refreshed parade would certainly help be a social media distraction while they try and adjust it. All eyes are going to be on this.

jrhwdw

It would be wise of them to have a no fail option (MSEP for example, I know, I know), in the fall when the new Epcot show debuts. They've just had 3 shows close, they can't afford this Epcot show to get negative press and IF it does, something like a "new" or refreshed parade would certainly help be a social media distraction while they try and adjust it. All eyes are going to be on this.
HEA shouldn't keep MSEP or anything out of MK but HEA is getting as popular as MSEP!!!! Anyone noticing that?

If Epcot would do the New Show at a IllumiNations or ROE Level with a tiny bit of IP....TDO wouldn't need to worry.......

Of course, I would accept any excuse to see MK return to Full Nights again!

MagicHappens1971

I disagree with the idea that MK can’t run a nighttime parade because of crowds. Disneyland, which as we all know is much smaller, during the summer of 2022 ran two parades each night, fireworks and Fantasmic all in the same park! And MK used to do this with MSEP and Wishes.
I didn’t say they couldn’t, I said they dont want to. MK used to run the projection show Once Upon a Time, Wishes & MSEP, all in one night, as you mentioned. It was a logistical nightmare and it has been rumored that aside from cost that was the other major reason why they haven’t brought back a nighttime parade

mm52200

Please, no. If anything they should use the staff to restore FOF. Of course this is assuming that cavalcade is taking staff away from FOF.
50th Cavalcade operates independently of FoF cast wise.
Unfortunately with FoF running twice a day as the priority you won’t see MiSi come back as the staffing simply doesn’t exist especially driverwise.
And ops doesn’t want something like MiSi back, the cavalcades are much easier for them to handle guest flow wise than street party.

Squishy

Yet oddly WDW has ran nighttime parades more than DL but as soon as it's time to make a new one it becomes a logistical nightmare..
Move It! Shake It Mousekedance It! could return in the gap with the current gang in the 50th Calvacade
4/5 of floats for Mousekedance It! have since been either repainted or repurposed.

Disone

I think many would be surprised that just how close in size both the Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom actually are.

DL is approx 100 acres while MK is approx 107.

If Disneyland can run a night parade, so can the magic kingdom. It's not operationally impossible. Logistically it actually helped MK. By leveraging a second encore performance after the fireworks, it helped reduce the mass exit after fireworks.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
and besides the floats being repurposed or reprinted, Mickey's 90th happened years ago(his 95th is coming up), there's no purpose of bringing that back anyways, and the Good Time song has little purpose anymore

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think many would be surprised that just how close in size both the Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom actually are.

DL is approx 100 acres while MK is approx 107.

If Disneyland can run a night parade, so can the magic kingdom. It's not operationally impossible. Logistically it actually helped MK. By leveraging a second encore performance after the fireworks, it helped reduce the mass exit after fireworks.
They could also bring back one of the projection shows. They should bring a version of Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland and obviously changed the name remove references specific to Tokyo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom