Fantasmic Dinner Package

MassFan

Do you have to be a resort guest totake advantage of this?
Has anyone ever done it? What restaurant should I go to? I'm going Oct. 24-Nov. 3, 2002

Thanks!

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I don't know if you have to be a resort guest but i think you might have to be. The last time me and my family went we went to Mama Melrose's and got the dinner package. I think it was a good restaurant and Fantasmic was good, but the seats weren't as good as you would think by getting the dinner package. I think you should try it.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

how much does it cost to do the package? I'll be going in July, and i remember last time standing, waiting for an hour and a half for fantasmic, dont wanna do that again! is the package worth it?? are there only certain rstaurants that you can do it at?

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

You do not have to be a WDW resort guest to take advantage of this option. I love it because you have a good meal and than get great seats. A bonus if you are a WDW geek like me, you get to walk through a "backstage" area to get to your seats but it is a hike to get there. I also ate at Mama Melrose's, but you should go there the day before and make reservations for the time you want because it books up fast and make sure to tell them you want to get the pass for Fantismic or they might not give it to you. Hope this helps you when planning. And if you havent see Fant. before make sure to see it. I missed it 3 times before finally seeing it. It was well worth the wait.

The package costs nothing. All you pay for is your meal. The ticket is free. (plus park addmission)

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

If you get the package make sure you show up to the entrance early. (The entrance is near the front gate) The seats are the best toward the front but not to close, you might get wet. Sit a few rows up. You can make sure of this by getting to the entrance early.

Upvote 0

kimrn87

We did the fantasmic dinner one year through the Brown Derby. We just went to the restaraunt and made the resversations while at MGM. You don't have to be a resort guest.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

For Mama Melrose's I strongly suggest reservations. Visit Mama Melrose's or call 407-WDW-DINE and make the reservations the day before and tell them the Fant. package.

Upvote 0

MassFan

Original Poster
Originally posted by mousefan17
how much does it cost to do the package? I'll be going in July, and i remember last time standing, waiting for an hour and a half for fantasmic, dont wanna do that again! is the package worth it?? are there only certain rstaurants that you can do it at?

The package isn't anything extra, just the cost of your regular meal. I know that much. As far as the restuarants, Mama and Brown Derby are on the list but I'm not sure about the rest.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

This is what Birnbaum's says:

HOT TIP!
Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano (and other eateries) offer a "dinner and a show" deal. Simply make arrangements upon arrival to the Studios to get special seating (no waiting!) at that evening's performance of Fantasmic! For details, go to Guest Relations.

For the other eateries offering the package I would suggest calling 407-WDW-DINE

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hate to disagree but we found Mama Melroses to be the worst resturant we used during our times there. The food I felt was sub standard and the service poor. To be fair they were busy but arnt most places?
When we were there in May last year we asked about the dinner /show thing and were told it was unavailable, It may have been because it was a Star Wars Weekend.

Upvote 0

Colin

The only problem we had with the package was the rush to get from Mama Melrose to Fantasmic, the seating for the package only makes it easier for the wait time, it could still be hard to find a seat in the allocated area. Make sure you are there at least 30 mins early.

Upvote 0

Bdis86

Account Suspended
You may have found Mama Melrose's to be sub-standard because it was planned to be Gonzo's Pizzarea, a crazy looking quick-service restraunt. It was then converted to a full-service restraunt at the last minute. Their kitchen isn't the best, but it works. Of course, I don't see why this should make a difference now, but maybe. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

I love Mama Melrose's. I think you might have just had a bad visit. I found that, yes it is crowded and wild from the amount of people but we had a good meal. As for the time you go, I suggest you go at 6:00pm because there is less of a rush to see Fant.

Upvote 0

David

We are going to try the Brown Derby package this year. A couple of weeks ago, there was a similar thread and another person wrote that at their visit, they had a little one with them. They requested a table with a telephone, and at some point in the meal, a waiter will bring the phone to your table, (like in the old movies) and say there is a phone call for the child. Mickey or some other character will talk with them, (may be a recorded message, don't know for sure) but the kids have a ball. That guy liked the food and said for desert, the kids got a blue cheesecake in the shape of the sorcerer's hat. Sounds neat, to me.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Yes the Brown Derby is great! We did the Fantasmic dinner package there on Mar 23rd and loved it. The white chocolate cheesecake with the blue sorceror's hat was delicious. Actually the whole meal was great and the atomspere is sublime! Try it!

Upvote 0

MassFan

Original Poster
Originally posted by David
We are going to try the Brown Derby package this year. A couple of weeks ago, there was a similar thread and another person wrote that at their visit, they had a little one with them. They requested a table with a telephone, and at some point in the meal, a waiter will bring the phone to your table, (like in the old movies) and say there is a phone call for the child. Mickey or some other character will talk with them, (may be a recorded message, don't know for sure) but the kids have a ball.

That sounds like so much fun. I'll have to remember that for my little ones. I hope I remember the part about the telephone.

Upvote 0

Smee

Also did the Brown Derby package last trip, thought it was very good. Just remember all at the table must order an entree, (kids off the kids menu). you can't get the package and just order dessert or appetizers.

The reserved seats for the show are off to the right side (not extreme), good but not the best in the stadium. If you want center stage you have to get there very early and stand in the line with the rest of the mob. You can see the whole show just fine from the package seats.

The thing I liked best about the package was having a set meal time and then walking into the stadium just before showtime through a back entrance, no line waiting. It made for good use of valuable time. BD is real close to the back entrance.

Also have been to Mama Melroses (not on the package), thought it was good, sorry happy snapper had a bad experience. Had lunch there during the Backstage Tour, it was very good.

Upvote 0

Strawberryblond

When we went in '99 with my sister's family, I had made PS for the Brown Derby early enough so that we could see Fantasmic after. I didn't know about the package deal until the day we were at the park and I read about it on my map. We asked at the BD and it was no go because it has to be set up as such, only so many per night available. Kind of bummed, because we were already eating there and all. The unofficial guide at this time was not advising showing up as early as you really needed to. They hadn't realized that people would show up from the other parks to see the newest/best nighttime entertainment. Luckily I asked around that day and thought I had best get there sooner than originally planned on. My husband loves to drag out a meal, he is a slow eater any way. Plus he hates to show up to any show or parade too early, he feels that it is a waste of time. I got really anxious and told him to finish up eating with the rest of my family, I grabbed up my toddler (put him in his sling :)) and hustled (no, I didn't bump into any one). It was one thick mob making it's way to the show area, but I was just one person (with cargo :)) so I made great time. I was able to get a spot for all of us right in the middle about 10 rows up ( I think I will sit alittle further up next time) by taking off my shoes and the sling and setting them on the bench I saved room for 4 adults 3 kids. Within 5 min. there were no more seats left on the benches and standing room filled. Unbelievable! My family showed up about 1/2 hr. later and had no trouble seeing me (I've got long red hair and was wearing bright colors). My husband still doesn't understand why it is important to me to show up in enough time for good view, we very nearly had to stand for the entire show!

I think reserving for the package deal is a great back up plan in case you don' t get good middle seats. They are fine seats and beat having to stand.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom