Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

yookeroo

And even worse, you take the time to read it and comment on it.

I'd love to have that time back. If it was a thread about this stupid "rumor", I would have started skippIng it after the first few posts. Unfortunately, it's in a thread about a subject that's interesting to me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I heard from my super secret source that WDW made Disneyland give them Fantasmic! so they're moving the Rivers of America and its watercraft at Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom. It'll open in 5 years.

:cautious:

I heard that when they finally redo TL that they'll fill in ROA and move Autopia over there. It'll be rethemed to Pirates and they'll reuse the flag from the Pan scene in F! as the starting flag. You'll be driving in little versions of the Black Pearl or Jolly Roger.

:D:p;)

sponono88

MouseInfo is reporting today that Disney announced that Pirates is indeed coming to Fantasmic 2.0!

http://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2017/0...-on-eerie-pirate-ship-plus-more-show-details/

From the article:
  • Kaa, the conniving snake from “The Jungle Book” who slithers across the “Fantasmic!” stage, is 100 feet long.
  • Special new appearances by characters from “The Lion King” and “Finding Nemo.”
  • Captain Jack Sparrow and a crew of ghost pirates man an eerie pirate ship that appears on the Rivers of America. These professional stunt performers execute all the spectacular duels and falls
  • New magic is incorporated with Aladdin and Jasmine floating over a bed of fog on their flying carpet
  • Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from “Tangled” join other Disney couples in an inspiring romantic sequence.
  • New scenes will feature songs such as “Friend Like Me” and “A Whole New World” from Disney’s animated classic, “Aladdin.”
  • Additional enhancements give the popular show an even brighter look, with more vibrant projections and new mist screens.
  • Every inch of every surface on the show’s island “stage” has been digitally mapped. Projection mapping and three-dimensional video combine, allowing the creative team to transform the island as never before.
  • All technical elements of the show, including lighting, fountains and water screens, have been upgraded.

SuddenStorm

It'll be interesting to have A Whole New World outside of the princess medley.

One of my favorite things about the old show was that it relied heavily on classic Disney animation- Fantasia, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Jungle Jungle Book, Dumbo, Pan- a lot of which was stuff Walt had a hand in making. Sure, it had Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, but these segments were tastefully done and blended remarkably well with the older stuff.

It's a good sign that they're adding Lion King and Aladdin- both tried and true classics, instead of inserting in Moana, Frozen, etc. because they're the latest big thing.

GiveMeTheMusic

It'll be interesting to have A Whole New World outside of the princess medley.

One of my favorite things about the old show was that it relied heavily on classic Disney animation- Fantasia, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Jungle Jungle Book, Dumbo, Pan- a lot of which was stuff Walt had a hand in making. Sure, it had Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, but these segments were tastefully done and blended remarkably well with the older stuff.

It's a good sign that they're adding Lion King and Aladdin- both tried and true classics, instead of inserting in Moana, Frozen, etc. because they're the latest big thing.

In 1992 there wasn't much to pick from. Mermaid and Beauty were the only new classics, so they were used. The rest of the library that struck any kind of lasting chord was touched by Walt. If the show had happened just a few years later, like WDW's did, the makeup of films used would have looked different...like WDW's did.

And this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but again, Disney announced Pirates for Fantasmic some time ago. It has never been a question. It was the first new scene to leak out and was confirmed by Disney later on D23's official site.

I can't wait for the new show, but it does appear they've opted to not go forward with 2 !!'s. Which is fine. It looked dumb.

SuddenStorm

If the show had happened just a few years later, like WDW's did, the makeup of films used would have looked different...like WDW's did.

I'd make the observation that WDW's over reliance on using newer films- Pocahontas in place of Pan for example, is part of the reason many prefer the DL version of the show.

This new iteration is combining classic Disney animation, modern Disney animation, live action Disney, and Pixar- all of the source material being used is strong, but whether or not the pacing and feel of the show is impeded by swapping and adding scenes with the '92 segments is yet to be seen.

The true test of this new show is if it will be able to remain as popular as the '92 version did for 20+ years.

I'm cautiously optimistic- today's Disney has done a lot of really amazing stuff in recent years, but whenever a classic is changed you never know how the overall end result will be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd make the observation that WDW's over reliance on using newer films- Pocahontas in place of Pan for example, is part of the reason many prefer the DL version of the show.

I'd make the observation that WDW's use of Pocahontas **inexplicably** in Fantasmic is the issue. Show goes dark, and, bam, colonists appear. So... that happened.

flynnibus

Premium Member

This new iteration is combining classic Disney animation, modern Disney animation, live action Disney, and Pixar- all of the source material being used is strong, but whether or not the pacing and feel of the show is impeded by swapping and adding scenes with the '92 segments is yet to be seen.

The true test of this new show is if it will be able to remain as popular as the '92 version did for 20+ years.

I'm cautiously optimistic- today's Disney has done a lot of really amazing stuff in recent years, but whenever a classic is changed you never know how the overall end result will be.

The failure of pocohontas has nothing to do with the films reception or age and everything to donwith the aweful implementation in the show

discos

MouseInfo is reporting today that Disney announced that Pirates is indeed coming to Fantasmic 2.0!

http://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2017/0...-on-eerie-pirate-ship-plus-more-show-details/

• Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from “Tangled” join other Disney couples in an inspiring romantic sequence.
My guess is that Snow White will be cut from the Princess Medley segment? I See The Light fits perfectly after Part of Your World with the key change thats already in the song and the whole segment would all be Alan Menken now as well.

dweezil78

Heard that July 14, 15, and 16 are totally blocked out for CM main entrance passes. Just thought that was interesting and worth sharing. Generally when there are multiple in a row like that, something significant is going on. Either that or they just think it will be unusually busy at the resort.

GiveMeTheMusic

Heard that July 14, 15, and 16 are totally blocked out for CM main entrance passes. Just thought that was interesting and worth sharing. Generally when there are multiple in a row like that, something significant is going on. Either that or they just think it will be unusually busy at the resort.

That coincides with D23, which is indeed the target opening for the river, railroad and Fantasmic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom