Famous people encounters at WDW

Jim BigThunder

I saw Paul Stanley of Kiss in a corridor at the Grand Californian in Anaheim. I didn't intrude on his family time. I struck up brief conversations with a few celebrities mingling in the crowd at the D23 convention (also in Anaheim) (ride designer Bob Gurr, voice actor Jim Cummings, to name two).

When I was working at Big Thunder Mountain at WDW in 2010, the band Hanson came through my Fastpass line with their families. I didn't recognize them, but my younger co-workers did. The band was in town to play at an Epcot festival.

I've seen Warwick Davis many times at Stormalong Bay (BC/YC). Never bothered him since he was there enjoying the pool with his family. Seemed to be an incredibly nice guy!
I loaded him onto Buzz Lightyear when I worked there for 2 months before transferring to another dept within the company.. Didn't realize who he was until closed his vehicle door and let him go lol

Walt d

I loaded him onto Buzz Lightyear when I worked there for 2 months before transferring to another dept within the company.. Didn't realize who he was until closed his vehicle door and let him go lol
Was at planet Hollywood , and the French guy from the movie green card With andy McDowell was there donating some costumes to planet holly wood.then a hour later im at mgm, he went by, with two cast members, said hey when he went by. He just look at me, and my French is not too good .

Mainahman

During our 2009 trip, my sons and I were in line for Big Thunder Mountain and I heard a voice that sounded familiar. I look over a few stalls and it was Lars Ulrich, the drummer from Metallica (actually a huge WDW fan, no kidding) with one of his kids and his security guy. I didn't say anything, didn't want to blow his cover.
"So I dub thee unforgiven."

i am a fan of Metallica, so is my wife. Theres no way i would of kept silent. ha!

Jedi Stitch

Will Weaton. He always liked going to Disneyland. Back when he was on Star Trek NG and had done Stand by Me, he wasn't fully famous yet. He and his friends loved to hit up Disneyland and just randomly say hi to people to see if they recognized him. He had said hi to me, and I said " Hi Will, nice to see you" back. He stopped me and we chatted a bit, I was with my friend Mike, and we used Mikes camera for the picture. Mike never did get me a copy of the picture.

JeffBostock

About 2 or 3 years ago I saw Kobe Bryant who was with his family watching Wishes! at the dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace. After it ended they were ushered backstage by one of the host cast members that wear the vests.

Just this past Memorial Day weekend, Jon Landau was eating with his family at a table next to us at California Grill. This was during the opening weekend of Pandora. After dinner, he and his family went out on the observation deck and were taking photos. We saw them out there as well.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Jim McMahon and his family at DHS during a Star Wars Weekend. 25 people or so had previously been asked to move from a prime viewing area before the parade. In strolls Jim McMahon and his family and they set up shop there and start waiting. Shortly after, some cast members move the rope and bam it’s now an approved VIP viewing area. Like me, he had lost some hair and put on some weight since the Super Bowl Shuffle in ‘85.

Side note, saw the ladies of Salt N Pepa in Atlanta airport on the way from WDW. I am old enough to k wo a few of their songs but wouldn’t of noticed them or recognized them but there was a huge entourage with them and the ladies had their “name” on the back of their jackets. I think they were going passing thru to a show in Charlotte. Some middle aged lady beside us lost her mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom