Famous people encounters at WDW

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I read from time to time about some stars wandering around Disney, the most recent John stamos. I never had one, can you post encounters you may have had?

Last edited:

Lucky

It's no big whop.
I met this guy once, but it was at the Home of the Whooper, not at Disneyworld.
IMG_0409.JPG

TwilightZone

I read from time to time about some stars wondering Disney, the most recent John stamos. I never had one, can you post encounters you may have had?
My mom saw Tom cruise at one of the rollercoasters (I assume either space mountain or screamin' since those are the two she enjoys) once. She said hi and he said hi back, and she took a photo. That is all.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
During our 2009 trip, my sons and I were in line for Big Thunder Mountain and I heard a voice that sounded familiar. I look over a few stalls and it was Lars Ulrich, the drummer from Metallica (actually a huge WDW fan, no kidding) with one of his kids and his security guy. I didn't say anything, didn't want to blow his cover.

WDWVolFan

Glen Rice at Big Thunder Mountain waiting in line. I asked him how good in bed Sarah Palin was in bed (it's rumored they hooked up) and he cracked up and told me I was trying to get him in trouble LOL

Walt Disney1955

In 2002 I saw Cito Gaston - former manager of the Toronto Blue Jays for their 1992 and 1993 World Series wins - sitting on a bench in the area of Splash/Thunder mountain. You'd have to be a sports fan to recognize him and even more importantly perhaps a Canadian. I went up to him, shook his hand and talked baseball for a few minutes. The Jays were terrible in those days and I asked him what he thought about the upcoming season and he was clearly skeptical although he tried not to be. I agreed. He is about 6'6" so he towered over me. I think he may have been waiting on his grandkids or something, but he had no problem talking with a fan. Lots of Canadians go to WDW so I would think he'd be recognized a lot but there he was sitting on a bench with no one bothering him.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In 2002 I saw Cito Gaston - former manager of the Toronto Blue Jays for their 1992 and 1993 World Series wins - sitting on a bench in the area of Splash/Thunder mountain. You'd have to be a sports fan to recognize him and even more importantly perhaps a Canadian. I went up to him, shook his hand and talked baseball for a few minutes. The Jays were terrible in those days and I asked him what he thought about the upcoming season and he was clearly skeptical although he tried not to be. I agreed. He is about 6'6" so he towered over me. I think he may have been waiting on his grandkids or something, but he had no problem talking with a fan. Lots of Canadians go to WDW so I would think he'd be recognized a lot but there he was sitting on a bench with no one bothering him.
Love Cito! Gibby too.
I would certainly feel comfortable walking up and shaking the hand of either of these gentlemen.

Walt Disney1955

Love Cito! Gibby too.
I would certainly feel comfortable walking up and shaking the hand of either of these gentlemen.

I like Gibby in a folksy way as in "have a beer with him" but man, I think I'd lay into him after a couple of beers once I was comfortable about their playoff failures!

I hope you gave him a dirty look for his 1992 World Series win, and a high-five for the 1993 one.

haha, no, both years I was sitting on pins and needles and was extremely excited with the outcome. His quote on those years was "Those were some fun days!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom