Famous faces at WDW

Missymoe4

We ate next to Shaq in the Contemporary. It was early, early morning and he was with his family. They finished before us and we asked our server (who was theirs as well) if he's there often because she was really good with him and seemed to really know him. She said that he comes more often than anyone would think and some times, only comes to Chef Mickey's to eat and then he heads home.

Interesting and astonishing.

What a BIG man! But he looked awfully kind. As much as we wanted to say something, we didn't because he was with his family.

Kman101

I probably wouldn't know a celebrity if they literally slapped me in the face. I'm sure if it's not a busy day I would notice one.

I'm surprised there's not more of a draw to them at a theme park. Nice to see that everyone is pretty respectful.

I've seen dozens of stars ... just go to Super Soap Weekend ;)

ThumperDude

Back in the spring of '02 I saw Greg Maddox, Chipper Jones and Javy Lopez of the Atlanta Braves walking around EPCOT FW together. It was late afternoon. I guess they had finished their spring training for the day at WWoS complex.

ryank007

During ESPN Weekend a couple years ago, my brother-in-law and I spotted Jim Kelly, former quarterback of the Buffalo Bills. He was with his family and a VIP CM walking on the dock "shortcut" that runs from Liberty Square to Splash Mountain. I was wearing my Miami Dolphins hat at the time and just said, "Mr. Kelly, couldn't you let us win at least once in a while?" Before he turned around, he said "Must be a Dolphins fan". He smiled and shook our hands. We told him that we have relatives that live in Williamsville (near Buffalo). He was a really nice guy. He told us he was headed to BTMRR and asked if we wanted to join him and his family. We accepted, of course. There is nothing like meeting a celebrity who is really nice!

Piebald

The kids from High School Musical were at the Studios today and yesterday. They were filming something in front of the hat for the Disney Channel segment "Disney 411" and then they watched the High School Musical Show.

disney9752

hmmm let me think, i met "marky mark" (mark whalberg) at pi, he did a concert on 4th of july one year, saw john schnider(????) dukes of hazard fame in mk, saw roy disney getting of monorail in contemporary, wow did he have a sunburn, saw nasty old eisney in studios when sunset blvd was still under construction, saw betty white at studios.:ROFLOL:

Icegoaliemom29

we went in march of '06 and it was during the espn weekend thingy. so there we plenty scheduled appearances of celebrities, but we saw some other people just randomly.

Posada, i think A.Rod, and some other people were who my hubby recognized at one of the hotels.

here's a pic of jerry rice and priest holmes...

i know that DH saw a lot of baseball players he recoginzed and the cool thing is, none of them had cm's or security people with them.

oh, yeah! almost forgot! Detroit Red Wing Fans will appreciate this...saw Mr. Scotty Bowman at the Poly. Very exciting! I would have went up to him-I have no shame-but hubby probably would have been mortified!

OK, so let the husband be mortified...... It's Scotty!!!! BTW LOVE the Red Wings! (even without Fedorov)

MattyFresh

About my only claim to fame is that I stood beside Conway Twitty in Norway. Have seen limos that supposed big stars were in but thats it, not much to brag about.

Kadee

My family and I saw Joe Rhode at Jiko last Wednesday night......if he even counts as a celebrity. I thought he was one, anyway. I've seen him on so many WDW shows.

dox

Well the biggest celebrities I've seen at WDW were Hilary Clinton, Michael Eisner and Roy Disney. But I didn't see them casually walking around the park. I was lucky enough to be at MK on the 25th Anniversary back on 10/1/96. They opened the park with all of the Disney characters on Main Street followed by the Governor of FL at the time (Lawton Chiles) and Clinton, Eisner and Disney all being driven on some of the main street vehicles up to Cinderalla's Castle. Then I remember Savion Glover came out on a big float and tap danced along with Mickey. I'm pretty sure we saw some other celebrity later that day in Toon Town but I can't remember who it was. It was a pretty awesome day. Except for the castle being decorated as a pepto bismol cake. :hurl:

The next biggest celebrity I saw, which I doubt most people would know here, was a pretty well known salsa singer, Rey Ruiz. I saw him first at Islands of Adventure then ran into him over at WDW a few days later.

DonaldDuck34

In 2006 i saw Paris Hilton and her sister in MK she was there for her B-Day. Also in 2006 I was lucky enough to be on Who Wants to be a Millionaire Play It at MGM. It was while ESPN was there so I got to have 3 players from the NFL aid me in my quest for the free Disney Crusie for a family of 4. The 3 players were Donnie Edwards, John Abraham, and Sheldon Brown. I got all the way up to the $32,000 ?. The ? was, "What stadium held the 1st ever nightime baseball game?". So I used my 50/50 and it brought me down to the 2 that I thought it was. Isn't that how it always is. But anyways, I asked all of the guys what they thought it was and they all said Comiskey Park. But I thought it was Crosely Field and i went with their guess. And I found out soon that I wouldn't be goin on a free cruise. The answer was Crosley Field. If i wasn't for that ? I would of won the crusie. Damn u Crosley Field. I also saw Bruce Jenner and Stuart Scott

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom