Famous faces at WDW

slappy magoo

Never saw a celebrity AT WDW, but I occasionally work with Bill St. James, a voicover artist and DJ who provides the DJ chatter while waiting on line at Rock n Roller Coaster.

sillyspook13

Of all the celebrities I've seen at the parks (working, performing in the Candlelight Processional, or just out and about), here are a few notable ones:

Most recent: Edward James Olmos sat in front of us at Finding Nemo the Musical

Nicest: Tom Bergeron, Jim Breuer, Marlee Matlin, Eartha Kitt

Best eye candy: John Tartaglia riding in Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

Wouldn't mind if they dropped off the face of the earth: John Stamos, Mario Lopez

Most needy: Halle Barry

Most random: I'm still convinced I saw Ty Pennington at the Hess station across from Downtown Disney....

Biggest honor to have met: Jim Lovell

beachclubbasics

Cool slappy!

My BF does some work for Disney..for example he was the one who taught Kiera Knightly how to swordfight...but since no-one knows who he is it really doesn't count..lol

Now, at a non-Disney park in NJ, I was talking to a heavyset African American woman who had just gotten off of the log flume ride (she had a security gurad with her, which I thought wa strange) for several minutes. Only after she left did I find out that she was actually Queen Latifah.

beachclubbasics

Of all the celebrities I've seen at the parks (working, performing in the Candlelight Processional, or just out and about), here are a few notable ones:

Most recent: Edward James Olmos sat in front of us at Finding Nemo the Musical

Nicest: Tom Bergeron, Jim Breuer, Marlee Matlin, Eartha Kitt

Wouldn't mind if they dropped off the face of the earth: John Stamos, Mario Lopez

Most needy: Halle Barry

Most random: I'm still convinced I saw Ty Pennington at the Hess station across from Downtown Disney....

Biggest honor to have met: Jim Lovell

I'd love to meet Jim Lovell, especially since I wanted to be an astronaut growing up. Did he ride Misison Space?

A friend of mine did a couple of movies with Halle Berry and John Stamos' ex-wife...he said he can see why Rebecca Romajin (sp) is divorcing him..and that Halle Berry was "a whiner".

Figment82

Oh Johnny... how I love thee...
I'm not ashamed to admit that I watched the live performance of Johnny and the Sprites a whopping 3 times last summer at MGM (and always from front row center).

I met him at the stage door after a performance of Avenue Q, and he is one of the nicest men you could ever meet. So sweet - even after doing some intense puppeteering/acting for over 2 hours!

Nicole220

Here ya go... for your amusement...

n19303205_30347347_2272.jpg
Holy cow! :eek: Why wear them? They don't even match!!

DSNYKID

My friend Michelle saw the Wiggles there. They were in street clothes... not the traditional Wiggles garb. Toot Toot, chuga chuga, big red Caaa

sillyspook13

I'd love to meet Jim Lovell, especially since I wanted to be an astronaut growing up. Did he ride Misison Space?

A friend of mine did a couple of movies with Halle Berry and John Stamos' ex-wife...he said he can see why Rebecca Romajin (sp) is divorcing him..and that Halle Berry was "a whiner".
John Stamos was incredibly immature when narrating the Candlelight Processional. During the songs he was all over the place, messing with people in the orchestra or choir. Mario Lopez was sending text messages while on stage during the show. I don't see either of them ever being invited back to narrate.

Halle Berry showed up several minutes into a performance of Festival of the Lion King, and her tour guide proceeded to march her and her party from the back of the giraffe section (the theatre was mostly full except for a few seats in the back and her reserved seats) to the front row of another section (elephant, I think) while the show was in progress.

I did a film shoot with him at Mission: Space for a history channel special called "Failure is Not an Option". The clips aired during the commercial breaks. At one point you can clearly see me walking around Space Race...:lol: During a break in the filming Jim took the time to show some of us the different landing sites on the moon globe, and to explain each of the missions. At the end of the shoot he rode Mission: Space. He said it was very close to experiencing real space travel.

beachclubbasics

Wow, that is so great! I'd probably faint if I met Jim Lovell! I make all of my classes watch Apollo 13..I think they hate me by the end of the year..lol.

One of the best things that happened to my family was in 2005. We were staying in the (former :( ) North Garden Wing of the Contemporary and we saw a huge crowd gather outside of our room. We went outside to see what was going on and we were just in time to catch the first launch of Discovery after the Columbia disaster. It went right up across Bay Lake. That really made our trip special!

I have several famous acquaintenaces ( a couple are actually are connected to one Star Trek series or another..lol) and I always say that they are just like everyone else..they just have better jobs...lol. My closest friend won an Oscar in the 90s and is such a major embarassment (mainly because he's sooo cheap...lol) when we are out in public...which is why I have not been out in public with him since 2003...lol. Money doesn't make people better or give them more class than they would otherwise have..lol.

The dumbest thing I ever did...could have gone to the POTC opening and met Johnny Depp...didn't want to miss work (as a teacher I'd have had to take the days off without pay)...so I didn't meet anyone famous at DL...lol.

C&D

Andy Griffith at MGM, Art Linkletter on the '05 DVC Member's Cruise, and: (but they were working)

IMG_0038-1.jpg

Nansafan

My brother and son were riding the TTA and when looking towards the castle saw a group of people, looking down towards the Rose Garden there was Ben Savage and Topanga (don't know her real name) from Boy Meets World. Same trip they saw Steven Tyler at the MK getting out of a log at Splash.

bassman

ive seen a few.
last year i saw jack black in typhoon lagoon.
i saw matt hardy of the WWE in MGM a few years back.
and i still think that i saw ty pennington at MGM studios with the green army men,those of you who have seen that episode will know what i mean.

i know that this may not count but i have seen sir roger moore ove here in britain,and ive got his autograph.:D

Cool slappy!

My BF does some work for Disney..for example he was the one who taught Kiera Knightly how to swordfight...but since no-one knows who he is it really doesn't count..lol

Now, at a non-Disney park in NJ, I was talking to a heavyset African American woman who had just gotten off of the log flume ride (she had a security gurad with her, which I thought wa strange) for several minutes. Only after she left did I find out that she was actually Queen Latifah.

nitpick comment:

Kiera Knightly is spelled Keira Knightly....I only make a point of this for one reason-my name is Kiera. I before E except after C people. Simple english rules! I hate when people say to me "but keira knightly doesn't spell it that way!".:fork:

Ok....i'm done. i actually really like KK (funny, just realized those are my initials too! ha!). at least it's someone pretty and talented who i share a name with. anyhoo, sorry about my tangent.

JustPlainBill

I saw Burt Lancaster in the concierge lobby at the Grand Floridian. It was October 1990, us concierge guests were having our continental breakfast early in the morning when I noticed him sitting at a table inconspicuously reading the paper. I didn't know it was really him until the hostess told me it was. My father in law was standing next to me and didn't know this guy was Burt Lancaster yet, we were at the food table getting our bagels, OJ and stuff, when Mr. Lancaster dressed in wrinkled shirt and slacks with an odd looking beach hat and sneakers shuffled up to the table and grabbed a bagel, he looked like an old retiree. As he was walking away, my father in law noticed Mr. Lancaster's plate was drooping and yelled at him and said "Hey sport! pick up your plate, your gonna drop your bagel! :eek: I wanted to die! It was then I told him who that "old guy" was, I didn't want to bring attention to him, cause I know some celebraties need their privacy. Observing how Mr. Lancaster was dressed I could tell he was trying to hide and mingle amongst the regular crowd, but he was so disheveled, amongst the other nicely dressed concierge guest it actually brought more attention to him. He was there to make a film at MGM, which would be his last before he died of a heart attack 4 years later.

we went in march of '06 and it was during the espn weekend thingy. so there we plenty scheduled appearances of celebrities, but we saw some other people just randomly.

Posada, i think A.Rod, and some other people were who my hubby recognized at one of the hotels.

here's a pic of jerry rice and priest holmes...

i know that DH saw a lot of baseball players he recoginzed and the cool thing is, none of them had cm's or security people with them.

oh, yeah! almost forgot! Detroit Red Wing Fans will appreciate this...saw Mr. Scotty Bowman at the Poly. Very exciting! I would have went up to him-I have no shame-but hubby probably would have been mortified!

Attachments

• ph&jr.jpg
    ph&jr.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 52

Chux

We saw Warwick Davis during SWW. Now you might say, big deal, anybody can find him.

We walked by him at Typhoon Lagoon while he was hanging out with his daughter.

Also, we ended up getting a Frozen Lemonade and eating it next to Colin Mochrie (Whose Line) and his son, at RNRC.

Imaginationeer

I've posted these before but James Gandolfini, Donny Osmond, and Orlando Hernandez(Baseball) are among the many i have seen at the world. If you get the old thread, i listed many more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom