fall discounts

bjlc57

Original Poster
i read earlier that usually the fall discounts come out about now.. I have yet to see anything from Disney.. have I missed something? have they already come out? thanks for your long term advice..

DisneyJoe

i read earlier that usually the fall discounts come out about now.. I have yet to see anything from Disney.. have I missed something? have they already come out? thanks for your long term advice..
This page helps with historical release history of discounts. That being said, current times are still somewhat unprecedented....

MissingDisney

Yes, that promo is still going but it ends in September. I know many are waiting with bated breath for October/November/December promos. 💵.

Attachments

• 37A0C471-331E-4A52-91F7-66910F921AF9.jpeg
    37A0C471-331E-4A52-91F7-66910F921AF9.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 68

Schweino

I would imagine few weeks if you look at historical trends.

One thing I noticed, Pop Century seems to be pretty darn full between Black Friday and 12/8. I know from 12/3 through 12/7 there was 0 availability even for a 1 night stay. Starting on 12/8, they had rooms available.

I find it really hard to believe Pop is completely sold out (at least, as staffing allows) while All Stars are not. Even FQ had some hard to find availability.

MissingDisney

I would imagine few weeks if you look at historical trends.

One thing I noticed, Pop Century seems to be pretty darn full between Black Friday and 12/8. I know from 12/3 through 12/7 there was 0 availability even for a 1 night stay. Starting on 12/8, they had rooms available.

I find it really hard to believe Pop is completely sold out (at least, as staffing allows) while All Stars are not. Even FQ had some hard to find availability.
Pop is much more in demand now with the Skyliner. It’s a minimal increase in cost but offers a way better transportation option for 2 parks.

Schweino

I just have a feeling there is something else going on there and another person said Disney is just playing the availability game. As recently as last week, the only AS resort that had availability from 11/30-12/7 was Sports. Now, all three are available and have been for a few days now. So Disney takes offline resorts that have "higher" bookings compared to other resorts. When the other resorts catch up, then they will open it up again. Even with revenge travel, I just can't see Pop being sold out completely (or booked to staffing allowed capacity).

Just my two cents.

EDIT: I also do find it super weird that Swan/Dolphin showed no availability from 11/25 - 12/15 for a 7 night stay. Yet, they still have full availability the rest of the month which I would think is the 'real' busy season. Really? You're completely full the beginning of December but have a lot of availability the second half of December? IDK man...

Also, 12/23-12/28 is pretty much WIDE open for booking via Disney direct, which is Disney's busiest time.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

I believe that's traditional "Jersey Week" and/or cheerleader competition and/or Pop Warner Football Week and/or South American Tour Group Convention Week etc.

Schweino

I believe that's traditional "Jersey Week" and/or cheerleader competition and/or Pop Warner Football Week and/or South American Tour Group Convention Week etc.
Even then, is it busier than Christmas week? When you compare 11/30 - 12/7 to 12/22 - 12/29, you will find the latter has almost double the availability. But I have another post above about the weirdness.

nickys

Premium Member
EDIT: I also do find it super weird that Swan/Dolphin showed no availability from 11/25 - 12/15 for a 7 night stay. Yet, they still have full availability the rest of the month which I would think is the 'real' busy season. Really? You're completely full the beginning of December but have a lot of availability the second half of December? IDK man...
That’s likely to be a convention that’s block booked rooms. Some will probably free up closer to the time.

Kamikaze

I just have a feeling there is something else going on there and another person said Disney is just playing the availability game. As recently as last week, the only AS resort that had availability from 11/30-12/7 was Sports. Now, all three are available and have been for a few days now. So Disney takes offline resorts that have "higher" bookings compared to other resorts. When the other resorts catch up, then they will open it up again. Even with revenge travel, I just can't see Pop being sold out completely (or booked to staffing allowed capacity).

Just my two cents.

Also, 12/23-12/28 is pretty much WIDE open for booking via Disney direct, which is Disney's busiest time.
Hotels do typically hold rooms back. Various reasons, but they come down to that they get more for the rooms closer to the booking date, so they release them in blocks instead of potentially selling out long in advance, they can grab a few more dollars by only opening some of them a month or three out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom