fall discounts

Grumpy4196

Hotels do typically hold rooms back. Various reasons, but they come down to that they get more for the rooms closer to the booking date, so they release them in blocks instead of potentially selling out long in advance, they can grab a few more dollars by only opening some of them a month or three out.

Do we know if any of the resorts are back to 100% capacity yet. Or is Disney still reducing capacity due to staffing issues/Covid?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Even then, is it busier than Christmas week? When you compare 11/30 - 12/7 to 12/22 - 12/29, you will find the latter has almost double the availability. But I have another post above about the weirdness.
The same is true right with DVC bookings. My guess is because it is very expensive visiting Christmas wwk whether it be DVC points or cash rooms onsite. But WDW knows that eventually customers will trickle in as the dates get nearer and book, even at those prices which are almost double.

Schweino

I guess Ill just keep checking DW site every day until we leave LOL.

We have two rooms at POR booked, but my wife says my FIL would probably enjoy FQ more, but there's no available rooms for our dates. So I check every day to attempt to switch.

Lastly, if they do end up releasing Q4 discounts, I wonder if getting a 2BR at SS or OKW makes sense. Im just scared that the windows in the bedrooms dont open, and Ill have to have a thermostat war.

SCB1012

Even then, is it busier than Christmas week? When you compare 11/30 - 12/7 to 12/22 - 12/29, you will find the latter has almost double the availability. But I have another post above about the weirdness.
There is NOTHING almost anywhere right after Thanksgiving to early Dec. It's so weird! I thought Pop Warner was usually mid december.

Schweino

There is NOTHING almost anywhere right after Thanksgiving to early Dec. It's so weird! I thought Pop Warner was usually mid december.
So I was told that Pop Warner struck a deal with Universal Studios and moving there full time (like prior year). So a few different theories:

1. Disney feels the resorts that are currently not available for that specific time period have a higher reservation rate that the ones that are available. So they took those offline to help push people to other resorts that have a lower res rate. As it evens out/gets closer, the resorts that are currently not available, may become available.

2. Disney has rooms auto-blocked for Pop Warner and no one removed the block in the system/code.

3. Disney is attempting to get Pop Warner back to Disney, and keeping rooms blocked for a potential reunion.

4. There truly is no availability (not likely).

SCB1012

So I was told that Pop Warner struck a deal with Universal Studios and moving there full time (like prior year). So a few different theories:

1. Disney feels the resorts that are currently not available for that specific time period have a higher reservation rate that the ones that are available. So they took those offline to help push people to other resorts that have a lower res rate. As it evens out/gets closer, the resorts that are currently not available, may become available.

2. Disney has rooms auto-blocked for Pop Warner and no one removed the block in the system/code.

3. Disney is attempting to get Pop Warner back to Disney, and keeping rooms blocked for a potential reunion.

Sorry-I should've mentioned...we have 4yo b/g twins and are going with my 70 year old retired military parents, so we would like to stay on the monorail (GF ideally) and there seems to be nothing on the monorail any time in November/early December. I am so confused because I get not having a lot of rooms, but nothing?!

Schweino

Sorry-I should've mentioned...we have 4yo b/g twins and are going with my 70 year old retired military parents, so we would like to stay on the monorail (GF ideally) and there seems to be nothing on the monorail any time in November/early December. I am so confused because I get not having a lot of rooms, but nothing?!
I guess another theory that I should of added is Revenge Travel - not just from regular consumers like us, but also from DVC members as well. Could be a major factor.

Though I still think my first point could apply to the Rail resorts as well.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Yeah wow, that is surprising. Other than cabins at Ft Wilderness, I haven’t been able to find any monorail resort avilability over 6 or 7 date searches Nov or early Dec. Beachclub looks sold out too but Boardwalk popped up pretty consistently for around $600 a night. It could very well be all the postponed trips being squished into the short Christmas season. And for those specifically choosing that season monorail resorts are very popular.

Disstevefan1

I have always wondered if travel agents have access to rooms that regular folks don't? There are a lot of free TAs that specialize in WDW. Maybe you should give it a try.

MissingDisney

PW signed a multi year contact with UO and isn’t coming back anytime soon. And if they do, trust and believe you’ll hear all about it. PW people overall, prefer WDW.

There’s no rooms pulled or hopes for them coming. Those contracts are long signed and sealed. I’m not so sure Disney wants them back anyway.

SCB1012

I have always wondered if travel agents have access to rooms that regular folks don't? There are a lot of free TAs that specialize in WDW. Maybe you should give it a try.
Thanks! We have one and they are having the same luck. No rooms at any monorail resorts. I've been calling daily, as has she. It's crazy!

disneyfireman

I have always got a pin code...just used for our July visit..I got 15% off of. value resort. Literally, I get them in the mail like every 4 months..love it.

SCB1012

I have always got a pin code...just used for our July visit..I got 15% off of. value resort. Literally, I get them in the mail like every 4 months..love it.
Are there any pin codes that go past September? I haven't found anything but military and although we are military, there are NONE of those rooms available.

Schweino

I looked at the historical table and last year they did not release any Q4 deals for the general public - either FL resident, AP holders or Visa card holders. It also was not released until 9/14 and only applied from 12/12 - 12/24.

Wonder if that holds true this year as well.

nickys

Premium Member
I looked at the historical table and last year they did not release any Q4 deals for the general public - either FL resident, AP holders or Visa card holders. It also was not released until 9/14 and only applied from 12/12 - 12/24.

Wonder if that holds true this year as well.
I’d say it’s quite likely.

From the reports about a lack of available rooms in October and later there is little reason for Disney to ave discounts. Discounts are used to shift rooms that are not selling.

Schweino

I’d say it’s quite likely.

From the reports about a lack of available rooms in October and later there is little reason for Disney to ave discounts. Discounts are used to shift rooms that are not selling.
I agree (especially when looking at our trip 11/29-12/7 and hardly any rooms available). I guess I am holding a sliver of hope that they do release with extended timelines 🤣 Paying 370ish for a preferred room at POR where I could pay a tad more and get a standard room at AKL w/ 25% discount.

Though with the Visa card holder discount, does the name of the Disney account need to match the cardholder, or can I own the Disney account but my wife be the cardholder and use her card to pay?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom