Fall discount offer

wendysue

I saw the fall discount offers a bit ago and am on hold to see if I can modify Sept. trip to get the 10% off but will be a 60 min. wait on phone. When I look at WDW site, it has the discount listed for values as the same as full price. I guess a lot of people must be trying to do the same thing. There is also a "free dining" (ha ha) offer.

dreamfinder

Well if they had to resort to discounts and free dining, even with SWGE and Thanksgiving/Christmas 2019, they never will be able to escape it.

The room discount (up to 20%) seems to be on par with what they have offered for the last few years for those time periods, with the exception of the weekend blackouts. So slowly chipping away by knocking off the weekends?

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Wow some discount! 😂

Upvote 0

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The room discount (up to 20%) seems to be on par with what they have offered for the last few years for those time periods, with the exception of the weekend blackouts. So slowly chipping away by knocking off the weekends?

Last year they divided the fall into two segments, Mid August - Beginning of October, and then Beginning of October - Christmas. The first half discounts were 5-10% more than the second half. There were also no weekend blackouts for the promotion. This discounts seems to be a more restrictive version of the second half discounts released last year.

The underhanded move they are making this year is the weekend blackouts for AP and regular discounts Friday and Saturday nights in October and select other nights. Unless you carefully break down the per night cost, you don't necessarily see that when purchasing.

I booked a Summer Fun room only package back in January for travel from 9/21 through 9/30 at GF Club Level and am still paying less with that promo than the new AP rates released this morning. Really disappointing TBH.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I think this whole free dining was a ploy to try to get people to book at Coronado Spring I was on the line the second they opened spent two hours on hold just to be told no and try to talk me into switching to Coronado Springs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Didnt get to book anything...all sold out of what I wanted by noon :cry: but theres always a chance someone could cancel, right?
The discount is supposed to be available until Sep., keep checking back in case they they didn't release their full inventory on the first day. October has been excluded the last few years for FD - guess it's popular enough now.

Upvote 0

ar81

I am assuming this is what’s causing the website to not load for me. My internet is not the best but this is the only website that won’t even come up.

Upvote 0

danheaton

I think this whole free dining was a joy to try to get people to book at Coronado Spring I was on the line the second they opened spent two hours on hold just to be told no and try to talk me into switching to Coronado Springs.

I wonder if they're not getting all the bookings they expected for the Gran Destino Tower. I received an e-mail for a Visa discount where those Gran Destino rooms (including the Water view) would be $199 per night before tax. That's a pretty big drop from the rack rate.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Original Poster
Finally got to talk to someone today who told me that the only value resort included IN this offer is Art of Animation ( not the little mermaid rooms) although the offer does not state this. I couldn't seem to make her understand that the offer states that the value resorts ARE included.....they just never actually allocated any rooms to those. :( I got online the minute this offer was presented and the values were never anything but full price for my dates in Sept. :( :(

Upvote 0

jrogue

Finally got to talk to someone today who told me that the only value resort included IN this offer is Art of Animation ( not the little mermaid rooms) although the offer does not state this. I couldn't seem to make her understand that the offer states that the value resorts ARE included.....they just never actually allocated any rooms to those. :( I got online the minute this offer was presented and the values were never anything but full price for my dates in Sept. :(:(
Which offer were you looking at? Because if it's the Fall and Holiday room offer then you should call back and argue with them, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. When I search for certain resorts and whatnot I get this notification if the resort isn't included in the offer:

and the other value resorts show up in the offer:

Upvote 0

wendysue

Original Poster
Which offer were you looking at? Because if it's the Fall and Holiday room offer then you should call back and argue with them, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. When I search for certain resorts and whatnot I get this notification if the resort isn't included in the offer:
View attachment 390705

and the other value resorts show up in the offer:

View attachment 390706
Yes, the value rooms are shown, but they are listed at full price with no notification that these rooms ARE NOT included in the offer. If they are supposed to be 10% off, then they should show it. If all the rooms are not included in this offer, then it should just state that.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Can anyone help me with this question? I haven't booked this far in advance before so i'd appreciate the experts advice.

If I book a rack rate now for February 2020, and a discount becomes available later this year, will I be able to modify my reservation and apply the discount? Even if that week I am looking for is sold out (of course now it isn't but it might in the coming months)

Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Hobnail Boot

I guess I'm not the only one having problems with availability. I go every October for my birthday and we almost always stay at Riverside. There are no rooms at any rate available for the night of the 13th (my actual birthday), so I booked the 10th to 13th and am hoping to be able to extend to the 15th at some point.

What's with the new Space Mountain countdown page?

Upvote 0

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Can anyone help me with this question? I haven't booked this far in advance before so i'd appreciate the experts advice.

If I book a rack rate now for February 2020, and a discount becomes available later this year, will I be able to modify my reservation and apply the discount? Even if that week I am looking for is sold out (of course now it isn't but it might in the coming months)

Thanks so much!

Yes you can apply the discount. However if you have a package bundled with Tickets and the ticket price goes up, you pay more for the tickets.

But please remember (@wannabeBelle drilled this into me) that the more guests who reserve their preferred resort and room type ahead of time at rack rates means that there is less likelihood that that specific resort and room type will be discounted when promotions are announced. Disney does not discount resort and room types that sell well.

Unless you want a very specific hard to score room type, it is never ever ever ever ever a good idea to book prior to promotions being announced.

As the most recent promotions show, Disney has conditioned their guests to expect discounts, even with SWGE opening.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yes you can apply the discount. However if you have a package bundled with Tickets and the ticket price goes up, you pay more for the tickets.

But please remember (@wannabeBelle drilled this into me) that the more guests who reserve their preferred resort and room type ahead of time at rack rates means that there is less likelihood that that specific resort and room type will be discounted when promotions are announced. Disney does not discount resort and room types that sell well.

Unless you want a very specific hard to score room type, it is never ever ever ever ever a good idea to book prior to promotions being announced.

As the most recent promotions show, Disney has conditioned their guests to expect discounts, even with SWGE opening.
This is very helpful, thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom