Falcon's Fury coming to BGT!

nepalostparks

IMG_2368.jpg
The ride vehicle was completed this week, and the first movement on the tower itself also began. Should see testing begin very soon!

MattC

we were up at BG this past weekend- it is a MONSTER. There is NO AMOUNT of liquid courage that will ever get me on that thing! It scares me just looking at it :jawdrop:. However, the new store near it was pretty cool :cool:

I plan on giving it a shot. But it does look very intimidating. We will see if I'm a repeat rider.

danpam1024

I plan on giving it a shot. But it does look very intimidating. We will see if I'm a repeat rider.
I think they should set up a shaded viewing area- I'd sit there for hours :D And I can be as afraid as I want, my son ALWAYS makes us try something once, if we don't like it (or die of a heart attack) he goes on the single rider line. It is just SO BIG:eek:

cheezbat

I love coasters but do not like drop towers. I plan on skipping this one for sure.

So when is BGT getting a new coaster? I hope next year...

kelknight84

It still isn't open. They are still testing. I was supposed to ride May 2nd when we took our 8th graders for Grad Nite but not only was the ride closed, the park flooded due to rain and they cancelled the whole thing! I even had a front of the line pass for it!

MattC

It still isn't open. They are still testing. I was supposed to ride May 2nd when we took our 8th graders for Grad Nite but not only was the ride closed, the park flooded due to rain and they cancelled the whole thing! I even had a front of the line pass for it!

Hmmmmm. Behind aren't they? Original opening date was suppose to be May 3rd right?

MattC

Very behind, was supposed to open May 1st. Apparently they need to remake a custom part and the manufacturer is moving slow.

Hope they get a move on. We were there last month and the ride was testing with dummies. I thought for sure it would be up and running by now.

cheezbat

It's an Intamin ride....and not only that but a prototype. They should've known better. While Intamin is a big manufacturer, they often have ride issues...look at Cheetah Hunt, or pilgrims plunge/giraffica at Holiday World, perilous Plunge and Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm, or Top Thrill Dragster, Superman Escape From Krypton, and Kingda Ka...all these rides have been plagued with multiple problems. While I like their rides, they're just so unreliable.

Should've just built a standard drop tower and spent the big bucks on another B&M or Rocky Mountain coaster.

MattC

It's an Intamin ride....and not only that but a prototype. They should've known better. While Intamin is a big manufacturer, they often have ride issues...look at Cheetah Hunt, or pilgrims plunge/giraffica at Holiday World, perilous Plunge and Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm, or Top Thrill Dragster, Superman Escape From Krypton, and Kingda Ka...all these rides have been plagued with multiple problems. While I like their rides, they're just so unreliable.

Should've just built a standard drop tower and spent the big bucks on another B&M or Rocky Mountain coaster.

Sorry, I can't figure it out. B&M?

StageFrenzy

At least it's not Maurer Söhne.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

Look no further than the prototype tower at BGW from Moser. It is still down some 65%+ of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom