F&B prices in context

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
This was Wonderland in Ocean City. We burned $100 in about 30 minutes.
This was my point when people say Disney is expensive… well compared to what?!? I used OC,Md & Wildwood as examples along w my Pocono water park trip all recently. Im heading to Disney next week & were running hardcore final #s & the trip is gonna cost me less per day than those other 3 places did per day…

eliza61nyc

What's your point? Park food is expensive and over rated at every park. Cosmic Rays is one the worst places to eat on property.
The point is that people act like disney is the devil incarnate because the food is expensive. Vacation destinations, the food is always jacked up in price

Screenshot_20220819-224135_Chrome.jpg

Jersey shore very popular pizza joint. 55.00 bucks for 2 pies plus another 12 bucks for drinks.
Oh and that's before NJ sales tax.

Character dining is the only things I think are exorbitant

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
WDW is something like $140 per person just to get in and use standby for attractions -- at $6 per ride per person, one could ride 23 rides before equating to what Disney will charge you to ride a handful of rides (if it is all about the rides)
Thats a terrible as far as price goes. How many people really vacationing for a day?

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
WDW is something like $140 per person just to get in and use standby for attractions -- at $6 per ride per person, one could ride 23 rides before equating to what Disney will charge you to ride a handful of rides (if it is all about the rides)
That may be plausible if you ride nothing but Astro Orbiter over and over again. Splash Mountain alone would be worth at least 10 of those ride slots.

The point was not "one ride costs $6," the point was "one ty 45 second kiddie ride costs $6."

CntrlFlPete

Thats a terrible as far as price goes. How many people really vacationing for a day?

maybe 5 days -- four park days and a water park or shopping -- you are still paying the cover charge for each of the four or five days -- I often hear that most sales are single day tickets.
That may be plausible if you ride nothing but Astro Orbiter over and over again. Splash Mountain alone would be worth at least 10 of those ride slots.

The point was not "one ride costs $6," the point was "one ty 45 second kiddie ride costs $6."

I know Disney is more than just rides -- was just trying to point out that one could go to a place like Wildwood or funspot -- those places tend not to have a cover charge -- if my family had lunch there, and it cost $10 more than lunch at Disney, well, they have not made up the gap that Disney takes at the gate, so if you drop $100 on a family of four in 30 minutes, you sort of drop $560 in the one minute it takes to walk past the turn style before your first snack or your first ride .

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Hotels before the pandemic were hitting from what has been reported record numbers if i recall correctly north of 90% i highly doubt those are often heard mostly single day tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom