Extreme Heat or Extreme Cold?

Hot or Cold?

• Hot

Votes: 78 60.9%
  • Cold

Votes: 50 39.1%

• Total voters

belledream

I just can’t enjoy cold vacations as much as hot. Also, packing winter coats and shoes/wearing that all day on and off rides? I’ll take the heat, please!

John park hopper

I lived in South Florida for 5 years going to college, as a poor college student going on a very very very limited budget had an apartment and could not afford to run the AC surprisingly I got used to the heat. Defiantly could not do it now nor would I want too.

DVC4bestvacations

Early January '18 we were in MK at 8pm. It was 28F way too cold. My job restricts me from vacationing in the summer which I prefer. I find November, February & March to be the best temps. Warm enough to swim yet comfortable for hitting the parks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hot. My ancestors migrated from Northern Europe for a reason in the early 1700s. I've lived in snow country (as in outside most of the time in nature) for years and while I can survive in 40 below for weeks, I don't enjoy it one bit. I'll take 120 any day.

MaximumEd

Building WDW in Georgia or Tennessee wouldn’t be much different than central Florida in the summer. I live in Alabama and can tell you that summer in the Deep South is just as bad as summer in Orlando. The heat and humidity is off the charts and it has the potential for nasty thunderstorms pretty much ever afternoon during the summer.

Yert3

Original Poster
Building WDW in Georgia or Tennessee wouldn’t be much different than central Florida in the summer. I live in Alabama and can tell you that summer in the Deep South is just as bad as summer in Orlando. The heat and humidity is off the charts and it has the potential for nasty thunderstorms pretty much ever afternoon during the summer.
Oh, I know. I’ve lived in both Georgia and Tennessee. I lived in Memphis for 11 years (2006-2017) until I moved here to Orlando. Yes, the summer temps are about the same, but it still gets very very cold in the winter. We usually got a few inches of snow a year and temps are regularly in the 10s and 20sF. I originally used them as examples for people who voted Heat, but wanted a different state for easier accessibility, but now that I think about it, they get cold there too, so I guess they would be an example of “best of both worlds.”

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
Hot all day, any day. I’m born and raised in WNY, it’s cold here from November to May (give or take a month on either side). I don’t mind living in it, but I have zero interest in vacationing in the cold.

KaliSplash

It's more important to Not be cold. Snow? Never! Therefore, I gladly put up with the heat to avoid the possibility of the cold. And Florida is Not too far South. (said the South Carolinian :))

Goofyernmost

It's more important to Not be cold. Snow? Never! Therefore, I gladly put up with the heat to avoid the possibility of the cold. And Florida is Not too far South. (said the South Carolinian :))
Extreme heat or Extreme cold can kill you, so I would not be in favor or either. That said... I do enjoy the weather in North Carolina much better then I did in Vermont. So far, since I have been here I have experienced 106 degrees as I have for short periods in Vermont. Vt. was a little cooler I don't remember anything above 102 (brrrr). However, I haven't seen anything like the 36 below zero I experienced on the day my first child was born. The coldest it has gotten here in the eight years I have lived here, was 22 degrees.

Heppenheimer

To the question of where could Walt have built a park in the US with a more mild climate...

... probably the only part of the country that really has a "mild climate", where it usually doesn't get too hot and humid in the summer but stays well above freezing in the winter would be the Pacific Northwest. But that would have defeated the whole purpose of building a second park, since his goal was to entice visitors from east of the Mississippi river.

Large portions of western Europe, like central and southern of France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and even parts of southwest Germany probably have the ideal climate for a year-round theme park. The Ile de France has less than ideal weather, but benefits from being linked to the extremely dense and well-integrated rail network that links northern France with Belgium, the Netherlands and western Germany. Hence, we have Disneyland Paris, instead of Disneyland Upper Rhine or Lower Rhone.

correcaminos

Hate the cold, so I vote heat. Our summers can be just as brutal at FLs, but shorter. So going north may not help. Plus if you go to a certain area you run into ice instead of snow. I hate ice weigh more than snow, so I vote keep it where it is and not have to worry about any of that.

Tom Morrow

Everyone answering heat ignoring that heat makes people cranky, crazy, delusional, exhausted, sick, and gross. Florida summers are pure misery.

To the question of where could Walt have built a park in the US with a more mild climate...

... probably the only part of the country that really has a "mild climate", where it usually doesn't get too hot and humid in the summer but stays well above freezing in the winter would be the Pacific Northwest. But that would have defeated the whole purpose of building a second park, since his goal was to entice visitors from east of the Mississippi river.

Large portions of western Europe, like central and southern of France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and even parts of southwest Germany probably have the ideal climate for a year-round theme park. The Ile de France has less than ideal weather, but benefits from being linked to the extremely dense and well-integrated rail network that links northern France with Belgium, the Netherlands and western Germany. Hence, we have Disneyland Paris, instead of Disneyland Upper Rhine or Lower Rhone.

No, literally like Georgia would have been more tolerable. Unless you live in Florida year round you don't understand how relentless and ruthless the heat actually is.

inchy warrior

we were in Disneyland Paris in November last year and even though most days was a beautiful blue sky the temperature was freezing! It is not fun walking around the parks covered in layers where only my eyes were visible and certainly couldn't sit and relax and people watch. Definitely warm weather for me

bhg469

HOT!!! Sure you can say that temps in the 50s become tolerable but let me tell you, 40 degrees and rainy is MUCH worse than 20 and snowy. Then you add the outdoor attractions into them mix. I couldnt fathom how terrible Thunder mountain would be while wet and cold. The plus side would be that the gondolas would make sense.

MaryJaneP

Waiting in a long standby line, as unwelcome as it is in heat, would be torture and likely dangerous in freezing temps. Hey, instant reduction in overcrowding and in profits. Safari?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom