Extraterrorestrial "ride"

Jasonflz

Yeah that has definitely crossed my mind a few times for sure :lol:

:lol:

What I think Disney's strategy should be, if they do bring the attraction back, is to be very strict with warnings. There should be a "switching off" option before the attraction for people as well.

dxwwf3

Oh it seems to be all of the same stuff that everyone has been saying for years: Complaints, adult nature of the attraction, and new movement of everything having to be pre-existing character based.

My point is that warnings were there for sure. Plenty of them. Most guests are too ignorant to know what they are doing in the parks.

Jasonflz

True, but at least with MILF (pardon the abbreviation) next door, the balance would be more fair. Timekeeper wasn't aimed at appealing anyone in particular.

Also, with today's media and reliability on the internet, AE could have a different outcome as opposed to a decade ago. People sure have changed in recent years. I don't think AE would be as big a deal.

dxwwf3

I do wish that once the attraction closed at the MK, they could have moved it into the Pizza Port at DL. I believe DL has a much more theme park savvy crowd and I think they would have loved the attraction and would still be running very well right now.

Greenkai3000

You said it better.

And that, folks, is the real problem. AE had "reride" value. SGE does not.

As for the scare factor: What exactly made AE so darn scary? Well, it wasn't the show content as much as the fact that kids were made to sit in an isolated chair, with a restraint over their body, in the dark, while strange and frightening loud sounds played.

So what about SGE? It's SOOOOO much tamer, right?

Wrong.

In SGE kids are made to sit in an isolated chair, with a restraint over their body, in the dark, while strange and frightening loud sounds are played.

Sound familiar?

SGE is the ONLY attraction in the MK to have a "May Be Scary for Young Children" warning. No other attraction in the MK, including the HM and SWSA currently carries such a warning.

Each time I've been on SGE (exactly twice: the second time I had to convince myself the show wasn't as bad as I remembered... and failed) I've seen screaming kids leaving, just like I saw screaming kids leaving AE.

SGE is just (IMHO) another example of Disney replacing an effective attraction (and AE was very effective at what it did) with a dumbed-down version designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

'Course, that's my opinion.

Kids still leave SGE crying. The only thrill ride at MK I thought was something people would enjoy riding over and over, like all of my family and I did, is gone and will be greatly missed.

Greenkai3000

[/QUOTE]Greenkai3000, please don't bump 5-year old topics. You may get banned if you continue to do so.[/QUOTE]

Mimitchi33: I'm assuming you're one of the founders and moderators of this forum right? I didn't realize topics had expiration dates if they weren't locked threads. I am honestly unaware of all rules regarding posting replies to people's threads as well. I'm not attacking anyone, nor am I using foul language. So, please enlighten me and tell me exactly what said rules of this forum are exactly?

Rob562

I'm assuming you're one of the founders and moderators of this forum right? I didn't realize topics had expiration dates if they weren't locked threads. I am honestly unaware of all rules regarding posting replies to people's threads as well. I'm not attacking anyone, nor am I using foul language. So, please enlighten me and tell me exactly what said rules of this forum are exactly?

The person you quoted has also only been here a short while.

Speaking from my own years of experience here on this site, bumping years-old threads is typically fine here in the less-traveled sub-forums.

But you'll find it's much-less tolerated/accepted in the top 3 or 4 most-busy forums like News & Rumors unless there is some truly important information to be added to the existing conversation, as opposed to starting a new thread and perhaps including a link to the old one.

Is it against forum rules and can get you banned? I don't believe so.

Something that I think most people agree on is that it's a bit annoying if the post that brings a thread back to life does absolutely nothing to advance the thread, something like a one-liner comment like "Yeah" or "Hey, I remember that".
Your comment did actually have something to say, and sparked additional conversation on the topic, so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

-Rob

graphite1326

AE is or was my all time favorite attraction. I loved that ride. I HATE STITCH. It was funny, scary, and very well put together. By the way, what does Stitch have to do with the future in Tommorowland?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Greenkai3000, please don't bump 5-year old topics. You may get banned if you continue to do so.

Mimitchi33: I'm assuming you're one of the founders and moderators of this forum right? I didn't realize topics had expiration dates if they weren't locked threads. I am honestly unaware of all rules regarding posting replies to people's threads as well. I'm not attacking anyone, nor am I using foul language. So, please enlighten me and tell me exactly what said rules of this forum are exactly?

I'll go along with Rob, you are fine...don't worry about it. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom