Extra magical private parties at Epcot?

Liberty's Belle

Original Poster
Are the hard ticket parties in some of the countries (Mexico and England) still going on? My group found it rather discouraging that these countries, with probably the best drinks, basically close during EXTRA MAGICAL, to host parties for guests paying an additional cover charge. The irony is, our party was so large, larger than the number of guests in Mexico, that our bill would easily have surpassed the cover charge those guests paid! When we drink, we drink! True story, my GREEN BERET brother imbibed so voraciously that whilst on the Grand Fiesta Tour he attempted to acquire some balloons from the attraction in finale sequence! Yeeeah, we drink! But not during extra magical. Only the people who want to pay an obnoxious cover charge for a drink and chips, yeeeah.

ShareBDwithMickey

Short answer is yes Epcot, & to the best of knowledge they are not just restricted to EMH, still has private & hard ticket events occuring much like all the other parks. Will these completely close various lands, extremely unlikely, however a significant portion of the lakeside area in those event locations may be inaccessible to you. This should in normal circumstances not limit your access to the alcohol retail areas, Disney rarely if ever makes such changes so as to ruin the potential to extract more money from its guests.

Whether you will be served however is a completely different can of worms based on the type of typical behaviour you describe your group as exhibiting.

Lucky

Are the hard ticket parties in some of the countries (Mexico and England) still going on? My group found it rather discouraging that these countries, with probably the best drinks, basically close during EXTRA MAGICAL, to host parties for guests paying an additional cover charge. The irony is, our party was so large, larger than the number of guests in Mexico, that our bill would easily have surpassed the cover charge those guests paid! When we drink, we drink! True story, my GREEN BERET brother imbibed so voraciously that whilst on the Grand Fiesta Tour he attempted to acquire some balloons from the attraction in finale sequence! Yeeeah, we drink! But not during extra magical. Only the people who want to pay an obnoxious cover charge for a drink and chips, yeeeah.
Uh...yeah, ironic, catering to people who pay extra instead of to vandals.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Where did you see the cover charge posted that the other group paid?

copcarguyp71

What does it matter that he is a GREEN BERET except that acting like that is not really becoming of someone with a highly trained position. Sounds like you are looking for the kind of good time that those of us with kids would really rather not see or expose little ones to while on a family vacation. I like a few beers or Ultimate Margarita just the same as the next guy but the allure of getting sloppy drunk and acting the fool does not enforce your argument IMO.

Last edited:

mergatroid

What does it matter that he is a GREEN BERET except that acting like that is not really becoming of someone with a highly trained position. Sounds like you are looking for the kind of good time that those of us with kids would really not see while on a family vacation. I like a few beers or Ultimate Margarita just the same as the next guy but the allure of getting sloppy drunk and acting the fool does not enforce your argument IMO.

I have to agree. I work with a guy who was in the forces and many of his 'stories' consist of drinking and vomiting and having relations in public with various women. He seems to take great pride in that he and his 'colleagues' did this and justifies it by claiming he was 'defending his country' as though the two things were somehow connected?

On the flip side, he has some pretty great stories ;)

Liberty's Belle

Original Poster
Wow. No words. It's rather pitiful that people feel so entitled to criticize others based on a comment. I asked a question and made a funny anecdote. My brother was in no way destructive to any part of Disney property and outside of our group, no one would have been any the wiser of his level of intoxication. We all regard that day as fun memory where my brother was finally able to join us because previously he'd been deployed during our trips. But thanks, thank you everyone who decided to look down your noses and felt a need to write an unnecessary comment in condemnation of someone you don't even know, let alone who fights to keep the people trying to blow up our country, away from you!
I'm about as far from a newbie as possible, I just never comment because there's always someone else who's more than ready to share the asked for answer allowing with their insulting and irrelevant opinion. You are all so brave online to pass judgement without having to look anyone in the eye and have your own ignorances returned right back to you. I bet you are all the losers who let your kids climb on restricted ambience, feed the wildlife, and cut in line to join your party. Because let's be real, those are the people that ruin a day in the parks; because obviously you should inconvenience an entire queue of people to join your group instead of staying together!
But I'm just saying...

ToTBellHop

Wow. No words. It's rather pitiful that people feel so entitled to criticize others based on a comment. I asked a question and made a funny anecdote. My brother was in no way destructive to any part of Disney property and outside of our group, no one would have been any the wiser of his level of intoxication. We all regard that day as fun memory where my brother was finally able to join us because previously he'd been deployed during our trips. But thanks, thank you everyone who decided to look down your noses and felt a need to write an unnecessary comment in condemnation of someone you don't even know, let alone who fights to keep the people trying to blow up our country, away from you!
I'm about as far from a newbie as possible, I just never comment because there's always someone else who's more than ready to share the asked for answer allowing with their insulting and irrelevant opinion. You are all so brave online to pass judgement without having to look anyone in the eye and have your own ignorances returned right back to you. I bet you are all the losers who let your kids climb on restricted ambience, feed the wildlife, and cut in line to join your party. Because let's be real, those are the people that ruin a day in the parks; because obviously you should inconvenience an entire queue of people to join your group instead of staying together!
But I'm just saying...
For what it's worth, I would have been "brave" enough on the family boat ride with Donald Duck to mock your brother's unacceptable behavior and alert security afterward. That behavior would be unacceptable of a preschooler, let alone a grown freakin man. If you are the only one here who thinks his behavior is now a "funny anecdote", it's not. Go to a bar with that trash, not a family theme park. Next you'll say he "humorously" tried to pet a giraffe at Animal Kingdom.

copcarguyp71

But thanks, thank you everyone who decided to look down your noses and felt a need to write an unnecessary comment in condemnation of someone you don't even know, let alone who fights to keep the people trying to blow up our country, away from you!

So somehow that allows him to act however he wants at a family fun park? Does he really feel this way that he can do as he pleases because he fights for this country or is this just rhetoric you are throwing out there to (unsuccessfully) make us feel ashamed for not condoning his actions because he is a veteran? I am thankful for what he does for this country though...just not to the point where I will consider it acceptable to infringe on my own rights as a park goer in a family atmosphere.

ShareBDwithMickey

As a invalided veteran of her majesties forces, who incidently frequently worked with my compatriots in the USA forces, I am quite happy to pass judgement on what you said.

I like your brother have been known to partake of significant quantities of alcohol & I can remember several occasions where my state would match that of your brother, however, there is a time & place for everything & a theme park specifically aimed at families is not that place.

Had I behaved as you described your bother behaving & it had ever got back to my commanding officer I am quite certain it would have been much the worse for me. I remember the punishments handed out to some of our guys during a visit to Vegas who got them selves in a similar state & lets face it they were hardly unusual in that location.

Being a serving soldier is no excuse for inappropriate behaviour in a family environment, whether Disney allows it & as such gives it tacit approval or not. Letting your hair down is all well as good as long as you don't inflict undesirable attitudes on those around you, there is merry & then theres too far.

Still it sounds as if on that occasion Disney self regulated your group by denying you access to further alchol, so job done.

Tom

Beta Return
As a invalided veteran of her majesties forces, who incidently frequently worked with my compatriots in the USA forces, I am quite happy to pass judgement on what you said.

I like your brother have been known to partake of significant quantities of alcohol & I can remember several occasions where my state would match that of your brother, however, there is a time & place for everything & a theme park specifically aimed at families is not that place.

Had I behaved as you described your bother behaving & it had ever got back to my commanding officer I am quite certain it would have been much the worse for me. I remember the punishments handed out to some of our guys during a visit to Vegas who got them selves in a similar state & lets face it they were hardly unusual in that location.

Being a serving soldier is no excuse for inappropriate behaviour in a family environment, whether Disney allows it & as such gives it tacit approval or not. Letting your hair down is all well as good as long as you don't inflict undesirable attitudes on those around you, there is merry & then theres too far.

Still it sounds as if on that occasion Disney self regulated your group by denying you access to further alchol, so job done.

Nice post. Well said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom