Extra Magic Hours...good or bad?

Disneykidder

I have never ever done a morning EMH. We sleep in a bit and take a swim, shower and hit the parks. We do, however, stay late. We have quite a collection of wristbands....hehe.

I agree with someones post...seems we always start our first arrival day on a MK EMH. That is perfect for us because it is our fav park and then we can stay late. On our next trip, we are doing the MK on an am EMH. I want to see the opening ceremony at least once and then we made a CP reservation. Thought we could hit a few rides before our breakfast or maybe Toontown.

Kelsybelle

We had a great experience at the MK with a morning EMH. It fell on the second day of our trip so we figured that would be the best time to take our 20 month old to the MK for the first time. We banged out all of the rides we wanted to take her on by the time it started to get really crazy busy (April vacation week) and was able to get tons accomplished before meeting up with the rest of our family for lunch at the Crystal Palace. It worked out perfect because she was cooked and ready for a nap after lunch, so we just headed back to the WL and felt like we never skipped a beat or missed anything. As for the evening EMH at Epcot, well that was a different story!

jtwyatt

EMH are awsome...IMO...I always try to do a different park in the am/afternoon, the bounce over to the EMH Park in the evening...If you can make it to the end of the evening, there will be very little waits..

alilance

Whatever park has extra magic hours that day, I try to bypass all together. I find that park to be much more crowded all day long!!

brucie

If you go to any park that doesn't have EMH in the morning the lines are usually better because alot of the resort guests are at the park with EMH.

StingraySam

I like EMH's because we tend to just go for weekends or extended weekends we can then pack a few more hours in. For example if there is an EMH on a Friday evening we will go right after work on that Friday and get a good several hours in that park and spend Friday and Saturday evening. If there isn't then we will just wait and go early Saturday morning and then only spend one night.

DisneyGigi

We usually avoid them as far as the park that we are doing that day because the people that do not take advantage of Park Hopper will go to the park that has EMH. We do, however, sometimes take advantage of the evening EMH at MK but we do not arrive until later on when alot of the people have tired out and left.

Dwarful

I am curious about this "skip the park that has EMH". We are going in July/August of this year. It looks like there are two different parks each day. One park has morning EMH and a different park has evening EHM. I am wondering how this will impact park crowds. Will resort guests flip flop or will they divide themselves into early birds and nite owls? Has anyone experienced this?

For example: say Monday morning is MK and Monday evening is Epcot. Do you think that people will go early to MK and then hop to Epcot?

kimmychad

our last trip was a total surprise, to her and me, I just decided i needed a fix. so i picked presidents day week by accident. magic kingdom was open till 3am, that was great. but overall, we avoid emh like the plague.

DivineMadness7

For example: say Monday morning is MK and Monday evening is Epcot. Do you think that people will go early to MK and then hop to Epcot?

Yes, in this scenario we have often done this: Go to Epcot in the morning, then to MK at night.

Now, there is a chance that people without park hoppers will go to one of these parks and spend the whole day there, making it more crowded. Though generally I assume people utilizing these EMH are park hoppers. Just a guess, not really based on fact. In this scenario you could consider doing AK that morning and DHS that night. Just a thought :wave:

TheBeatles

EMH at the Studios was great/awful.

I rode Tower of Terror over and over with no wait.

However, I couldn't ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster because the wait was too long.

Giavonna98

Original Poster
EMH at the Studios was great/awful.

I rode Tower of Terror over and over with no wait.

However, I couldn't ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster because the wait was too long.

I agree. we went on rock'n' rollercoaster 3 or 4 times with barely any wait, but Areil's voiage was so packed, we had 2 wait through 2 shows before we could get in:shrug:. It's madness.:hammer:

polynesiangirl

I always think MK EMH is going to be bad (long lines, etc), and I spend the first 20 minutes complaining to my family about how I'm sorry I made them stay up late to go to it because everything's still crowded (my typical worrying nature)...and then eventually the crowds start to thin out and it's great fun. My sister, husband and I rate our MK EMH night from our last trip as the best part of the whole vacation. Looking forward to doing them again next week. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom