Extra Magic Hours - Evening ?'s

JonnyK

Well im going to disney world in 5-6 more days for 1 week and I was wondering if the extra magic hours at the magic kingdom is worth it. Can you tell me what you can do at that extra magic hour.. is all attractions open or its some what like E-Night..

Jonny

edit - and how much does it cost n how many hours do u have to stay.

dkrfla

We did EMH last week at the Magic Kingdom and although it rained a bit we had a great time. The way it works is that you show your resort key at the distribution sites and they give you a wristband which is checked before you get on a ride. When we were EMH ran from park closing at 9pm until midnight. I think it was worth it.

Dkrfla

Most of the major rides and attractions are open for EMH

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

wdwfreak said:
Well im going to disney world in 5-6 more days for 1 week and I was wondering if the extra magic hours at the magic kingdom is worth it. Can you tell me what you can do at that extra magic hour.. is all attractions open or its some what like E-Night..

Jonny

edit - and how much does it cost n how many hours do u have to stay.
The EMH are free for onsite guests only. A ticket cannot be purchased for this. You must be stayinbg at a Disney resort. I do believe one or two other hotels are eligible such as the Hiton in Downtown Disney, the Dolphin and the Swan. the attractions that are open for the MK are as follows:
Magic Kingdom:

Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

The park will be open up to three hours past the posted closing time for EMH. Belle

Upvote 0

DisJosh

wannabeBelle said:
the attractions that are open for the MK are as follows:
Magic Kingdom:

Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

The park will be open up to three hours past the posted closing time for EMH. Belle

That list is for the morning extra magic hours.

The evening list for MK:

•Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
• Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
• Haunted Mansion
• Mad Tea Party
• Magic Carpets of Aladdin
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Mickey's PhilharMagic
• Space Mountain
• Splash Mountain
• Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
• Peter Pan's Flight
• Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
• Tomorrowland Transit Authority
• Astro Orbiter
• Country Bear Jamboree
• Jungle Cruise
• Swiss Family Treehouse
• Stitch's Great Escape!
• it's a small world
• Pirates of the Caribbean

The EMH is ALWAYS 3 hours from what I could tell. They say "up to" only because they're including the shorter early entry hours in that description. :)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We did the EMH last week at each of the parks. We hit EMH at MK on Wed. night I believe. Now TTA was not running that night (don't know why) but most everything else on one of the previous posts were. It was more crowded than Eride nights, but more things were open. The kids loved doing the jungle cruise in the dark and Astro Orbiter as well.

There is generally one park that has either an early entry or a late evening schedueled. We skipped the one at AK because of character meal reservations, but the others at MGM and Epcot enabled the kids to do a few extra things multiple times in a row w/o much wait.

Upvote 0

bucklmd

I did EMH on Sunday night at MGM and average wait time for RnR and ToT was 25 minutes. I thought that was long considering that was the longest wait I had seen for other major attractions earlier in the day when the park was open to everyone. There aren't as many attractions there as MK though. I got up at 6am that day though and I was out of commission by 11. It seemed like a lot of other people had called it quits when we left.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

yeah the one perk is if you make it to midnight, your wait for the bus won't be long ;) warning, they close everything at midnight sharp. We were lucky to be inside the ice cream shop on mainstreet and a CM came and locked us in and let people out after they had their ice cream, lots of other people were wanting in but they were turned away.

the average waits in MK when we went last Wed. were longer than I had hoped, eride seemed a lot less crowded and so worth the money.

I would say that the first time we went by Astro Orbiter the wait time was 20 mins. later after the jungle cruise (5min) and Indy Speedway (10) we went back to astro and it was about a 10 min wait so we jumped in line. we went to fantasyland first and did most of those rides with a 10 minute wait or less. Pooh we rode twice w/o getting off. I would say that the more popular rides were 15-25 minutes. we saw this type of line during the day.

I am thinking that alot of people went to other parks during the day...say a day at AK and then jumped over to the late night parks on those night. Its worth doing, but don't expect it to be as sparse as Erides.

Upvote 0

JonnyK

Original Poster
that sounds great, thanks for the help guys. Im looking forward doing this, there is 2 EMH at different parks.. which is at MK and Epcot, im doing those 2 and looking forward having some more extra fun.

thanks again! :sohappy: :D

Upvote 0

maryg

What is e-night?

What are erides?

Either way, it's memorial day that we'll be there, so I guess wondering about wait times are mute. I just hope the weather won't be too hot.

Upvote 0

JonnyK

Original Poster
Are u talking about ENight? if so its just a park to on site disney guests only and charge a fee for it, but however that only happens in the summer time but I dont know if itll come back at all since EMH is around now.

Enight only had a few rides open and I think EMH is worth it since it has all the attractions open but however I can't wait to do this. Im leaving on Sunday and it wont be to hot, i live in florida *8 hrs away* and the heat isnt to bad now.. but its like 85 degrees but itll get cooler at evening. Have fun.

maryg said:
What are erides?

Either way, it's memorial day that we'll be there, so I guess wondering about wait times are mute. I just hope the weather won't be too hot.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

E rides are considered higher level attractions back in the days when admission did not necessarily include all of the rides. Some of the tamer rides might only be c or d but something like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain etc would be considered the highest thrill hence E ride attractions. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom