Extra Magic Hours At Night

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Can someone please explain the new Extra Magic Hours at night I just read about today?

For example, is it going to be a yearly thing? I read that the Magic Kingdom's night for example will be wednesdays. Will it be selected Wednesdays (like E-ride) or every Wednesday.

Also, like E-ride, is there going to be sperate admission to stay at the parks for the extra 3 hours?

DisneyRoxMySox

I doubt there would be an extra charge. It's just like Suprise Mornings, but now it's Suprise Evenings. That's why I don't think it would be every Wednesday or any specific day. I think it will alternate with Suprise Mornings...

I'm not sure though...

CTXRover

Evening EMH won't cost anything additional, that much I am sure.

The schedule released is "technically" the schedule that will be followed throughout the year. However, I have my doubts that the MK will continue to offer evening EMH during holiday periods when the MK is open to midnight. That would put EMH from 12-3am and I don't see that happening at all. I suppose though, since each park has only ONE evening EMH per week, they could end up closing the park earlier on the day MK offers its evening EMH (like 10 or 11pm).

Otherwise, besides Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July weekend and occasionally a week or so around Spring Break time, the evening EMH at the MK should prove no problem. Afterall, on average, the MK closed at 10pm every day throughout the summer and the rest of the year it closes anywhere between 6 and 8pm.

The other 3 parks should have no problem offering evening EMH throughout the entire year whatsoever as the latest any of them close is MGM at 10pm.

DisneyRoxMySox

CTXRover said:
However, I have my doubts that the parks, especially the MK, will continue to offer evening EMH during holiday periods when the park is open to midnight. That would put EMH from 12-3am and I don't see that happening. I suppose though they could end up closing the park earlier on the day MK offers its evening EMH (like 10 or 11pm).

I thought evening EMH would only keep the park open for another hour after closing, not 3 like E-Nights. :confused:

CTXRover

DisneyRoxMySox said:
I thought EMH would only keep the park open for another hour, not 3 like E-Nights. :confused:

The "new" EMH hour program will feature a park that either opens one hour before the park opens for resort guest OR a park that stays open three hours after normal park closing. I know, the evening EMH is cool ;)

(Note: Some Disney fan sites have reported evening EMH as that the parks will stay open UP to 3 hours longer (and thus not necessarily 3 hours), but all "official" press releases from Disney that I read made a clear distinction that it would be 1 hour before hand OR 3 hours afterwards.)

DisneyRoxMySox

CTXRover said:
Evening EMH won't cost anything additional, that much I am sure.

The schedule released is "technically" the schedule that will be followed throughout the year. However, I have my doubts that the MK will continue to offer evening EMH during holiday periods when the MK is open to midnight. That would put EMH from 12-3am and I don't see that happening at all. I suppose though, since each park has only ONE evening EMH per week, they could end up closing the park earlier on the day MK offers its evening EMH (like 10 or 11pm).

FYI, MK has closed at 11pm and has had E-Night so the park was open untill 2am, so 3am wouldn't be a big deal, unless that hour was needed for cleaning, but they could clean AL and Fantasy Land while TL and FL are kept open.

CTXRover

For those wondering what the new EMH shedule looks like, this is what some other sites have been posting:

Theme Park Days:
SUNDAY EVENING Disney-MGM Studios
MONDAY MORNING Epcot
*TUESDAY MORNING Disney-MGM Studios
*TUESDAY EVENING Animal Kingdom
WEDNESDAY EVENING Magic Kingdom
THURSDAY EVENING Epcot
FRIDAY MORNING Magic Kingdom
SATURDAY MORNING Animal Kingdom

ATTRACTIONS OPEN DURING EXTRA MAGIC HOUR

Magic Kingdom:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Haunted Mansion
Mad Tea Party
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Peter Pan's Flight
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Astro Orbiter
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Cruise
Swiss Family Treehouse
Stitch's Great Escape!
it's a small world (available Spring 2005)
Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot:
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Universe of Energy
Journey into Imagination with Figment
El Rio del Tiempo
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Living with the Land
The Maelstrom

Disney-MGM Studios:
The Great Movie Ride
Muppet*Vision 3-D
The Magic of Disney Animation
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey
Star Tours
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Playhouse Disney

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
The Boneyard
Dinosaur
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids (seasonal)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (seasonal)
Primeval Whirl
Tarzan Rocks!
Tree of Life
Triceratop Spin

CTXRover

DisneyRoxMySox said:
FYI, MK has closed at 11pm and has had E-Night so the park was open untill 2am, so 3am wouldn't be a big deal, unless that hour was needed for cleaning, but they could clean AL and Fantasy Land while TL and FL are kept open.

I don't remember them having an E-ride night when the park closed at 11pm recently (but obviously it has), however, in general, it seemed like E-ride Nights were offered when the park closed by at least 10pm over last summer.

The difference with the parks staying open 12am-3am, which is always possible I guess, is that over the holiday season when the park is open that late it tends to open back up at 8am. That would give a maximum 5 hours to ready the park for the following day. Again, its possible, but I really don't see them keeping the park open past 1am, perhaps 2am at the latest ever (but just watch them prove me wrong :lol: )

CTXRover

nibblesandbits said:
Why is Tuesday starred?

I don't know :lol: Seriously though, I just starred it to emphasize that Tuesday is the only day that offers BOTH a morning and an evening EMH option (MGM in the morning and AK in the evening), whereas the rest of the days just offer either a morning OR an evening EMH. That way, it allows all 4 parks to offer one morning and one evening EMH throughout the week.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Just a little notice, reports are coming in that it's not really all good... this is really a way to kick out the rest of the guests early... the parks will end up closing early during holiday periods just so they can do the 3 hrs. extra. It's still nice for resort guests though I suppose.

surfsupdon

FamilyMan said:
Just a little notice, reports are coming in that it's not really all good... this is really a way to kick out the rest of the guests early... the parks will end up closing early during holiday periods just so they can do the 3 hrs. extra. It's still nice for resort guests though I suppose.

Yes, it is GREAT for resort guests, especially those that do travel during holiday periods (if what you are saying about closing the parks except for resort guests comes to fruition). Even tho MK is open till midnight, its just as crowded then as it is for the majority of the day.

With the other parks closing relatively early even during holiday travel times (meaning 930--11), they could easily hold an EMH. It's just MK, open till midnight, that may have problems extended its hours farther, yet I can remember doing E Ride nights till 2am as well.

Either way, let's hope Eveneing Magic Hours will help ALL of us WDW Resort Guests out, not just the ones who travel during slow periods. :xmas:

CTXRover

FamilyMan said:

I really don't think this will be a problem or that the parks will have shorter hours for regular park guests.

Now, I've expressed my doubts above on whether during holiday periods when the MK is open till midnight if the MK will still offer evening EMH in those cases or if it will close earlier at 11 or 10pm for that one day it has evening EMH, but for the rest of the parks, the latest they really ever stay open anymore is 10pm for MGM, 9:30pm for Epcot during December only and for AK, 8:00pm is the latest I've ever seen it stay open till. No problem at all for all three of those to offer EMH without effecting normal park hours.

Remember, each park offers an evening EMH only ONCE during the week. I don't believe that one night out of seven for each park will dictate the hours of operation for the other six days. If any shortening of the hours occurs, I would imagine it would only be for that one day that specific park offers the evening EMH, but I honestly believe evening EMH won't adversely effect off-site guests much, if at all..

nibblesandbits

CTXRover said:
I don't know :lol: Seriously though, I just starred it to emphasize that Tuesday is the only day that offers BOTH a morning and an evening EMH option (MGM in the morning and AK in the evening), whereas the rest of the days just offer either a morning OR an evening EMH. That way, it allows all 4 parks to offer one morning and one evening EMH throughout the week.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just thinking, why are these things starred? It didn't make sense at first, but now it does! :p

SpenceMan01

Can anyone tell me their experiences at parks on days when EMH is occurring there? I've heard that they're traditionally a bit busier. I want to know how much busier it is and how much of an impact it is on lines and whatnot. We'll be going in January, if that's any help.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
They are busier, however, it's usually not enough to ruin a day at the park or anything like that.

That said, lines are usually shorter duing the busy seasons when you go to a park that doesn't have the EMH that morning. It is not known how the evening EMH will affect crowds.

Dopey Dave

I'll be down next week, 2/12 - 2/19. Does anyone know the extra magic hours for that week? I thought I saw something once but I can't seem to find it.

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
Personally, I am a huge fan of the EMH's!!!! I have always wanted to stay later at parks like MGM and Epcot! I always felt that once night fell the park was just about to close and that doesn't really excite me!!!

Just one question though: How are they going to keep AK open for 3 extra hours? I mean I couldn't immagine going on Kilo. Safaries at night.:veryconfu I mean of the park closes normally at 6:00 and with the extra 3 hours?????

I don't know...... just me being me I guess.
Also, does that also essentially mean that MGM will stay open til midnight on select nights? That would work very well with Fantasmic!

Another question: Now this is supposed to be a perk for resort guests only...... but how will they enforce that? Seriously, what is to stop a non-resort guest from staying the extra 3 hours. I mean will they do the wristband thing that they do with E-Ride Nights?

I would appreciate it if someone would help me out here.

Thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom