Extra Magic Hour

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If staying at a Disney Resort, you can enter the parks a full hour ahead of the other park guests. A different theme park will open one hour early each day.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - Disney-MGM Studios
Wednesday - Epcot®
Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Friday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday - Disney-MGM Studios

Maria

I didn´t know they had changed the EE days in Epcot to only Wednesdays. Wednesday used to be the busiest day of the week there, so I am wondering which day is the busiest now or if it remains the same.

Thanks for the tip, Steve! :)

trendymagic

Wed is still the busiest at EPCOT.

The busy day(s) are pretty much the same as the early open days...

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - Disney-MGM Studios
Wednesday - Epcot®
Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Friday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday - Disney-MGM Studios

Maria

Originally posted by trendymagic
Wed is still the busiest at EPCOT.

The busy day(s) are pretty much the same as the early open days...

I bet...! Even in the days when EE days in Epcot were Tuesday and Friday, Wednesdays were the busiest and more cm´s were scheduled on those days... never knew why, but the crowds were bigger then. ;)

General Grizz

Be sure to get the popular attractions in first (at MK, Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, Buzz Lightyear, Alien Encounter, Astro Orbiter, and Space Mountain) - TAKE ADVANTAGE!

It gets crowded even in ExtraMagic, so do your first priority first!
:)

trendymagic

MK is the best to take advantage of since there are more attractions open there in that first hour. We went through most of FantasyLand in about 30 mins. I love the early mornings. Many say that it is too early to get up. I don't beleive that. Get up and get at it, then have fun! When the main crowds get there sit back and relax as you now have the major attractions done and they are waiting in lines much longer than you had. Smile and enjoy!

EmeraldDolphin

thanks... guess we'll go to animal kingdom for the ee on friday and then hop to magic kingdom later in the day and stay for the e-ticket night... does this sound doable to anyone who has maybe done this?

trendymagic

Very doable! I consider AK one of the half day parks. You can do most of the park by 2pm and be free the rest of the day to do what you want. Just depends on how you plan to watch the shows. Even if you are there all day going to E Ride that night is a great way to end the day. You can't pick up your armband for Eride until after 4pm anyway.

Are you going this week?

EmeraldDolphin

no, we'll be there july 29 to aug. 7, so i'm thinking that friday aug. 1 is the day that we'll go to animal kingdom in the a.m., and then to magic kingdom at night... and it will be our very first e-ticket night... :sohappy: woo-hoo... i can't wait :sohappy:

Tramp

Originally posted by Maria
I didn´t know they had changed the EE days in Epcot to only Wednesdays. Wednesday used to be the busiest day of the week there, so I am wondering which day is the busiest now or if it remains the same.

Thanks for the tip, Steve! :)

Not only did they reduce Epcot to one day, but the Magic Kingdom use to be open early 3 times a week, Saturday, Monday & Thursday. The Animal Kingdom never had an early opening cuz it use to open at 7am.... and now it has two days.

I just can't see myself rushing to the AK one hour early very often.:wave:

trendymagic

Well thankfully all the parks now open at 9am. Early Entry is 8 for all parks.

If AK had opened at 7 and early was 6... I do agree that would have been too early for me.

bigE86

A helpful hint for the extra hour would be to make sure you have your resort id handy. I have always taken advantage of the early entry, but this year was the first that we needed to show our room key to prove we stayed on property. :animwink:

trendymagic

but this year was the first that we needed to show our room key to prove we stayed on property. :animwink: [/B]

Same here. They did stop people from entering who were not able to show proof they were staying on property.

The Rick

I have been going to WDW since I was 5, I am currently 19. I have gone there 32 times since I was born (its the only place my whole family can agree on going to)(I am heading there again friday). Anyway, I was wondering where all these waits you people are talking are? I go three times a year (Easter week, Christmas week, and first week in August). The only time I have ever waited more then 30 minutes for ANY RIDE was when it broke down and I have already done everything else I wanted that day. I imagine it is nice there in the morning but I wake up early to play golf with my father (orange lake golf is the best golf in florida), then the whole family goes to the pool until like 2 p.m. THEN we head to the parks and NEVER encounter any waits. If the wait is more then 30 minutes for a ride then we hop on single rider but that is very rare. Anyway, I was just wondering whats the big deal with getting there early?

The Rick

trendymagic

right now WDW has been pretty busy, more than avg compared to the past several years.

I am guessing you are very familiar with the parks and faspasses since you go that often. You know how to work it all out and where most of the stuff is. This give you a huge edge compared to those going for the first time. Even when I was there this past 4th of July, I knew how to work the systema nd waiting was only about 30-40 at the longest times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom