Extra Magic Hour Gripes?

wannab@dis

PirateJ said:
Do any off-siters have gripes about EMH?

Do you? :veryconfu

I'm not sure I follow where you are going with this thread. Do you think onsite guests having EMH is unfair to offsite guests? If so, stay onsite. It's just a perk similar to the "rewards" that many hotels that offer for each nightly stay.

wdwishes2005

if i HAD to stay off site i woulnt mind not having EMHs they are really nice but its a great perk to have them for resort guests only.

wdwishes2005

TAC said:
Maybe there should be queue's for each attraction based on where you are staying?

Deluxe Resort Queue Line | Moderate Resort Queue Line | Value Resort Queue Line | Off-site Resort Queue Line

If you stay at a Deluxe, your queue time is 10 seconds. If you stay offsite, your queue time is 1 hour.

sounds cool.... i would pay the extra for the deluxe....

lawyergirl77

TAC said:
Maybe there should be queue's for each attraction based on where you are staying?

Deluxe Resort Queue Line | Moderate Resort Queue Line | Value Resort Queue Line | Off-site Resort Queue Line

If you stay at a Deluxe, your queue time is 10 seconds. If you stay offsite, your queue time is 1 hour.
Oy not this again.

Won't happen. Shouldn't happen.

Shaman

TAC said:

:lol:

I also don't understand why so called "off-siters" would have problems with EMH?

wannab@dis

TAC said:

:lol:

let's see... that would make the moderates about 10 minutes? I could handle that. :D

PirateJ

Original Poster
Here's my argument:

1. We all pay the same price to get in the gate right? So why should some people get extra time in the parks based on their choice of hotel...you do pay for a room to stay in right? and that is the #1 function of a hotel right?

2. It is totally discriminatory to people not staying on-site and has a condescending tone like haha you aren't good enough. If disney prides itself on equality, then why the unequal treatment?

3. Ok i know what some of you are going to say: Well you pay for the perk by staying at a hotel. My arguement is ok you pay extra for that...but how do you know i'm not matching that amount by things I buy or pay for in the parks or other disney facilities. Just a choice of how I spend my money (or rather give my money to disney).

4. Doesn't this actual hurt locals...i mean what person living in the area or those with an AP actually stay at a hotel

Any comments?

wdwishes2005

PirateJ said:
Here's my argument:

1. We all pay the same price to get in the gate right? So why should some people get extra time in the parks based on their choice of hotel...you do pay for a room to stay in right? and that is the #1 function of a hotel right?

2. It is totally discriminatory to people not staying on-site and has a condescending tone like haha you aren't good enough. If disney prides itself on equality, then why the unequal treatment?

3. Ok i know what some of you are going to say: Well you pay for the perk by staying at a hotel. My arguement is ok you pay extra for that...but how do you know i'm not matching that amount by things I buy or pay for in the parks or other disney facilities. Just a choice of how I spend my money (or rather give my money to disney).

4. Doesn't this actual hurt locals...i mean what person living in the area or those with an AP actually stay at a hotel

Any comments?

1. its to get you to stay in there hotels it isnt personal.

2. i have NEVER EVER seen anyone behave like that

3. and people who stay on property spend alot of money tot. what next? perks based on how much you spend at WDW?

MouseMadness

WDW is a business... people who stay on-site are doing more for their business than those who stay off. To me, it is a nice way to say thanks, and nothing more than that. :wave:

wannab@dis

PirateJ said:
Here's my argument:

We all get the same posted park hours. If someone stays on site, they get a perk. If you stay at the Marriot and get the reward points, should you have to share them with me if I don't stay there?

PirateJ said:
Please... :rolleyes:

Discrimination? Condescending? If you feel that way, then stay on site and enjoy the extra perks. Pretty simple solution.

PirateJ said:
It's not about the total amount of money that is spent, it's the stay in the resort. Think GF vs. All Stars... It has nothing to do with the "total dollars" spent.
PirateJ said:
No, since they can visit as often as they like at any time and pay a discounted amount on their AP. Maybe that is not fair. :rolleyes:

Sorry... I just don't get the whole entitlement / equality argument about every little thing.

peter11435

PirateJ said:
Here's my argument:

Any comments?
I think wannab@dis took care of this pretty well. I fyou son't like it stay on-site. And as already pointed out, it has nothing to do with how much you spend.

PirateJ

Original Poster
I understand both sides of the argument,and i'm sure if I was an on-sighter I would appreciate the perk too, but as an off-sighter I just feel like this is "un-disney". I stick to my argument that it's discriminatory. I mean 3 hours is a significant amount of additional time.

I was in the parks last week and I felt 'pushed away' when the EMH started.

But that's just me.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PirateJ said:
Here's my argument:

ANSWER: Disney owns the parks. They can do what they want.

PirateJ said:

PirateJ said:

PirateJ said:

Shaman

PirateJ said:
Here's my argument:

Any comments?

First...I have an AP...I occasionally stay in a Disney Resort. EMH doesn't affect me when I stay off site...becuase of the number of times I have the opportunity to go to the parks every year....so it can't hurt locals either...

When you buy a ticket you know the hours the park is going to be open. So if you don't like the hours then don't buy the ticket.

The hotels are owned by the same company that owns the parks...and one of the perks they offer is EMH. It's smart business, because it gets people to stay at their resorts.

Disney is a business. A very big one.

PirateJ

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
I think wannab@dis took care of this pretty well. I fyou son't like it stay on-site. And as already pointed out, it has nothing to do with how much you spend.

It has everything to do with how much you spend....as you are putting money into the company by staying at their site, they give you a "reward"

Shaman

hakunamatata said:

So who owns the parks? :lookaroun

peter11435

PirateJ said:
I was in the parks last week and I felt 'pushed away' when the EMH started.

You are missing the point. The reason you felt 'pushed away' wasn't because the EMH was starting. But because the park was closing (for off-site guests anyway).

PirateJ said:
Here's my argument:

Any comments?

I realy like the EMH but of course I always stay on site. But the extra magic hours help get rid of the local anual pass holders so that the resort guests get to ride the rides with less lines. Hopefully to make the guests stay on site again in the future. I don't see why anyone would complain about it b/c they are staying off site and don't pay as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom