Extra Magic Hour coming Oct. 1st, 2002

PhantazMike

Original Poster
Look for the "Extra Magic Hour" (formerly surprise mornings) to return to WDW resort guests effective Oct. 1st. The days and parks are as follows:

Sunday--Magic Kingdom
Monday--Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday--Disney-MGM Studios
Wednesday--Epcot
Thursday--Magic Kingdom
Friday--Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday--Disney-MGM Studios

Magic Kingdom will also begin a "character-focused" opening each day and Epcot will also see enhanced character meet and greets, as mentioned earlier on this site.

Beauty and the Beast--Live on Stage will return to a 7-day show schedule.

Also, Hunchback of Notre Dame--A Musical Adventure will see it's very last performance on Sept. 28, 2002.

All of this is fact...they updated our cast portal this morning. Woo hoo!!!

David

ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH!!!!!

We're going on the 6th!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWspider

This is great news...

:cry: Too bad I already have all my PS arrangements made for my November trip, I'll only get to go in early for MGM Studios.:(

Legacy

THEY ARE GETTING RID OF HUNCHBACK!?!?!?!?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Pressler... you can go to heck. You go to heck and you die......

Why can't they get rid of Beauty and the Beast?.............

:cry: :cry: :cry: s'more

Sherm00

Originally posted by Kicker
THEY ARE GETTING RID OF HUNCHBACK!?!?!?!?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Pressler... you can go to heck. You go to heck and you die......

Why can't they get rid of Beauty and the Beast?.............

:cry: :cry: :cry: s'more

because beauty and the beast is awesome. I heven't seen hunchback but I am sure that is good also. at least now i see them starting to make better decisions.

Legacy

Beauty and the Beast is okay in my opinion... but Hunchback is a much more entertaining show in my opinion. It is very innovative in it's production and has the feel of a Broadway show..... much more so then Beauty.

I would just rather see Beauty gone and something more interesting in that theatre. The reason Hunchback isn't doing so good is because Disney HIDES it. They need to showcase this show.......

Jon_in_NC

And Beauty and the Beast is just coming out on DVD (finally), so I'm sure they will keep its show for a little while now to capitalize on that aspect of it.

wishiwere@wdw

Maybe something better is in the works for the HB stage? At least Disney seems to be waking up a tad....Finally!:) by allowing resort guests early access. I think we are going to seem many changes after the report of Eisner only having approx. 1 year to fix things up.

Jedi Osborn

Horray for early openings
Horray for more characters
Horray for Disney!!!!

I liked the hunchback, but I guess it couldn't run forever, right?

Eisner only has 1 year to fix things? I hadn't heard about that, what's the deal.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Whilst, as they say in footballing circles, Im over the moon at the news of EE returning, Im saddened that Hunchback is being chopped. firstly i thought it was a great piece of entertainment and secondly its the loss of another attraction in a park that is hardly spliting at the seams.

But I suppose it is a gigantic step in the right direction.:)

pheneix

A lot of stuff hit my inbox about this earlier today. The word from backstage is that Disney management is in total panic right now, mainly because for the first time in history a competitor has higher resort bookings right now (Universal's resort bookings are absolutely slaughtering Disney's), and they have higher bookings by a large margin.* The easiest thing they can do right now is to bring back their biggest perk, and that is Early Entry.

This is the most common sense decision that Disney has made in years, and I am glad that they have made it (for now). It is unfortunate that this common sense decision was a result of one of the most boneheaded decisions ever made though.

* It should be noted that that is on a comparable one-on-one resort basis, and not a total sum of the rooms filled at each company. Due to Disney's vast number of resorts, they still have a higher cumulative total than Universal Orlando.

Jon_in_NC

Hey pehneix.....fellow NC' er here.

While I'd much prefer to have E-ticket nights in the parks, EE mornings are a nice perk to resort guests. I just prefer having the atmosphere of being in the parks at night versus getting up earlier in the mornings. And I'd be willing to pay the $12 extra for it. There aren't any E-Ticket nights when we're going down in Oct., although we got tickets for the Halloween Party on the 20th. :)

Suggestion to Disney......try experimenting with E-ticket nights in MGM and Epcot as well as MK (as an E-Ticket night in Animal Kingdom would be pretty much pointless). I think people would pay extra to have reduced crowds in the parks later hours and have the atmosphere of being in the illuminated parks. Plus, Disney would be getting extra money out of it.

______

The word from backstage is that Disney management is in total panic right now, mainly because for the first time in history a competitor has higher resort bookings right now (Universal's resort bookings are absolutely slaughtering Disney's), and they have higher bookings by a large margin.

_______

That's somewhat suprising. Even with the thousands of rooms that Disney has, Universal is outbooking them?

**** Ahh, I see your edit now pheneix. I follow what you're saying. Nonetheless, still suprising. I guess Disney should take that as a clue that people would like a few more thrill rides at Disney.

pheneix

>>>While I'd much prefer to have E-ticket nights in the parks, EE mornings are a nice perk to resort guests.<<<

I like E-ride nights better myself. I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the word, so I like the idea of having three hours in the middle of the night better than stumbling around in the morning. But hey, having EE back is a pretty damn good thing too.

>>>Nonetheless, still suprising. I guess Disney should take that as a clue that people would like a few more thrill rides at Disney.<<<

It's not all that surprising considering the way the two resorts performed over the summer. Disney's resort bookings were way down, and while Universal's were not only up, they also opened a new resort that is doing gangbusters (the Royal Pacific). UO's performance this summer has been so strong that they have plans for two more resorts, with one of them beginning construction as soon as next year.

As far as adding thrill rides goes, I think they have a place at WDW, but Disney really needs to focus on building the major family E-tickets like Pirates, HM, and Horizons. Universal is the KING of thrill rides, and if Disney were starting playing their game they will be a very beaten and battered company because of it.

Tigggrl

Beauty and the Beast was MUCH better before they chopped it...Im glad I have the original show on tape:)
Hunchback was truly entertaining....I will miss it:(
As far as EE...I prefer the E-nights myself...
I wouls much rather enjoy a nice breakfast, and head to the parks after

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom