News Extra Extra Magic Hours This Fall

Kman101

To be fair, if you go look at the thread in question, you'll see a lot of doom and gloom - only a matter of time for morning hours, Disney keeps reducing hours, in favor of upcharges, etc.... It wasn't you, but there were more than a few.

There's always a lot of doom and gloom, maybe I'm just numb to it and have learned to basically bypass some of the usual few who insist everything is horrible. I don't keep track of everyone who says everything negative so I can talk about it later and point out how there's doom and gloom. Most of us aren't that way ;), why always focus on the naysayers? Let them gripe and don't worry about it :) (like Eliza, if you like what they're doing, post that you like it, don't sit there and give the "haters" attention ... JMO)

And personally, I can't fault people for feeling the way that they do. A lot of us are jaded for a reason and I wish some of you understand that a little better. We've been given a lot of reasons to doubt them and question them.

Kman101

The federal govt has to approve it, which is unlikely. I really don’t like this move, permanently moving the suns apex to 1pm (which is what DST does) means that sunrise will not occur until close to 9am in December which is just wrong.

I wouldn't say unlikely. Florida just struggles with anything new or different and can't take action on anything. For a state that lives on tourism, it's a great move. I wish it would happen. DST is antiquated.

cosmicgirl

federal govt has to approve it, which is unlikely. I really don’t like this move, permanently moving the suns apex to 1pm (which is what DST does) means that sunrise will not occur until close to 9am in December which is just wrong.
Well... I live in a time zone where that happens without DST. We have a 2pm apex with DST. And now (apparently) the majority of people here want DST to become the permanent time, so we're talking sunrise at 10am in Winter. Unfortunately there are enough fools out there who only think about the long Summer evenings instead of the 10am sunrise in Winter. Don't let that article tell you Europe has a solid plan. They're creating a huge mess based on a poll that the majority of the population wasn't even aware of until it had closed.

Having lived in a time zone where it was pitch black outside at 3:45pm in Winter I can honestly say I prefer the 9am sunrise but 10am would be pushing it.

That said... I still fail to see how the sunrise or DST would have any effect on these EEMH because the sun will actually rise an hour earlier on Nov 3rd (6:38) than it will on Nov 2nd (7:38). The EEMH at DHS will start before sunrise every single day. Even on opening day the sunrise isn't until 7:02. It's not a factor.

Clamman73

I might be doing the 6am rope drop for star wars on halloween or one of those days that week...the sunrise for Orlando on 10/31 is 7:36am...So that'll be interesting and other days when I rope drop MK and DAK at 7am...but actually will get some cool pics of the sun coming up when in the Parks though.

Kman101

I know there's probably very little chance but I still hope for some passholder previews or special access. But they likely won't. I imagine they're working on this land until the day it opens ... (but wouldn't they still have to find time for castmember previews and soft runs?)

Minnie1986

Nothing beats waking up at 4am while on vacation.
our trip starts 11/2......kind of hope they extend or do something for that time frame
my trip was scheduled to begin 11/2 as well but I moved it up a day. It seemed like a shame to miss out on the opportunity. The only trouble being that 11/2 is a Saturday, so I’m nervous about how insane the lines may still be.

cosmicgirl

Another possible explanation for the Nov 2nd end date: they need to have enough time to pack up Halloween and bring in Christmas the following days. MK has the party nights and DHS will likely have some sort of evening event so that would leave only 4-6 hours per night for any work to be done if the parks open up at 6 and 7am.

MickeyMouse10

Schnikes, we've found the catch. Everybody and their Momma can come. What's the point of exclusivity, if almost everyone is able to take part in the tea party?

What's next they are going to allow all of the Irlo Bronson motels?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom