Extra Early MNSSHP Admission

slappy magoo

The drag is, on the day we're going to MNSSHP, we were planning to go to MK anyway. We have breakfast reservations before park open. Now it feels like we're wasting that day on our ticket but I know the kids will be bummed if we skip Crystal Palace (because as a wise person on this forum told me, if absolutely everything about your Disney trip does not make your children happy, you're worse than 17 Hitlers and 39 Boko Harams carpooling to the birthday parties for 173 bin Ladens).

nickys

Premium Member
Don't most DVC members have an annual pass anyway? How is this any kind of convenience or perk?

Not all DVC members have APs, and those that do may not have an active one continuously. For example, if an AP expires, they may wait until they are going back before activating a new one.

It’s a nice little perk for those that have blue cards (since it’s listed as a “membership extra”, I think that’s a reasonable assumption) and don’t have APs. However, it’s unlikely to apply to hundreds of people each party night.

jaklgreen

Not all DVC members have APs, and those that do may not have an active one continuously. For example, if an AP expires, they may wait until they are going back before activating a new one.

It’s a nice little perk for those that have blue cards (since it’s listed as a “membership extra”, I think that’s a reasonable assumption) and don’t have APs. However, it’s unlikely to apply to hundreds of people each party night.

This is what I was thinking, is it really a perk or something for them to say, "hey look, another "perk" we are giving DVC members". I am all for extra stuff for being a DVC member but this seems kind of worthless. Now if they gave DVC member a special magnet for going to the party or something like that, that would be a perk.

correcaminos

Don't most DVC members have an annual pass anyway? How is this any kind of convenience or perk?
Totally anecdotal evidence from reading other forums, but no. I'd say maybe about half of my ownership I've had an AP. At the beginning I did. Then about 10 years ago I let it go (having kids put a hamper on some travel) for about 6 years and now I'm back at having one. We're trying for at least one longer trip or at least adding in one shorter with it now so AP makes sense.

Many now are not going yearly, let alone multiple times (or one long trip) so they don't do it.

This really is a nice offer perk that really doesn't cost Disney much though. Likely would help in sales though ;)

kgoose23

In our case this is actually beneficial. We have AP's but we are traveling with family members who don't. We purchased party tickets and planned to just make it a MK day starting at 4. This will allow them to get a couple more hours in the park than they thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom