Extra Day vs Nicer Resort

DrexelDragon

Original Poster
During the holidays, you are going to need the extra day. MK is going to be packed and will need multiple days to see.

True, but like I said. I go to Disney to relax and enjoy the sights now. I no longer obsess about trying to hit every ride because I've done em all so many times now..

minniemickeyfan

If you stayed the extra day maybe sometime in the trip you could visit French Qtr and have dinner there or at POR and take the boat from DD there.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I agree with @lebeau, it all comes down to how much time you will spend at the resort.

If you are going commando, open to close at the parks I would stay at POP and save a little more.

If you plan to stop and smell the roses, not focus so much on the parks I would stay at POFQ, The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are nicer and because the resort is so much smaller it feels quaint to us.

And I would follow as others said, drop DDP unless you are doing it to prepay for your food and plan to eat a lot of the time you are in the parks.

Christmas week is always crazy!!! Magic Kingdom will reach capacity a few days during the week and will be wall to wall guests from 10am to 10pm most of the time. We go during Christmas week to enjoy the atmosphere and expect to wait in long lines (hours at times when FP is not available) for everything.

JillC LI

Ultimately, this comes down to how much time you're going to spend in the parks. If you plan to be in the parks most of your day, go for the extra day. If you plan to spend a lot of time at the resort, I would go for the Mod.

This ^^^^^ in a nutshell.

bethymouse

I would stay in a nicer resort. If you plan park time correctly, you're going to want to have some relaxing time at your resort. The value resorts have a pool, but the feel isn't relaxing IMHO. I'd go for a moderate or a deluxe if you can afford it. Remember : it's a vacation! Take time to "stop and smell the roses".;)

HouCuseChickie

I think it all comes down to you guys and your expectations/preferences.

For some people, downgrading and adding an extra day is the obvious answer. After all, that is one more Disney day. If you look at your room as more of a place to sleep and shower and maybe even have a few worries about holiday crowds...downgrading is the way to go.

Alternately, if your resort and room are important to you...sticking with your current booking may be the way to go. Many people would rather have a larger and upgraded décor over an extra day at the parks...possibly even planning a little extra break time away from the parks to more fully enjoy their upgraded lodging.

Another option would be splitting your stay...or even just downgrading for your first or last night (whichever saves you more $)...assuming you can make it work in your budget.

JohnD

Extra day. Are you kidding? Nothing wrong with any of the Disney resorts. Just more or less amenities are offered, depending on classification. If you plan to spend most of your time away from the resort anyway, other than a place to sleep, then take the downgrade. No brainer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom