Extinct Attractions DVDs

Axle1986

Original Poster
Hi there,

I dont mean to be a 'noob' but I was wondering what ever happened to the Extinct Attractions club dvds that i keep hearing about and seeing dead links to online?

Im especially interested in the Haunted Mansion one, and if they have any for COP. Looks like I came to the party too late for it, but yeahhh...

Thanks for the help.

(p.s sorry if this is posted in the wrong area)

spectrodanny

Hi there,

I dont mean to be a 'noob' but I was wondering what ever happened to the Extinct Attractions club dvds that i keep hearing about and seeing dead links to online?

Im especially interested in the Haunted Mansion one, and if they have any for COP. Looks like I came to the party too late for it, but yeahhh...

Thanks for the help.

(p.s sorry if this is posted in the wrong area)
to be short and sweet, the EAC got a "cease & disist" order from the mouse's legal team

Axle1986

Original Poster
to be short and sweet, the EAC got a "cease & disist" order from the mouse's legal team

oh dear! that Would explain their disappearance.

captainkidd, I'm very much aware of youtube thanks and am looking am not looking for standard ride throughs. more behind the scenes stuff.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
oh dear! that Would explain their disappearance.

captainkidd, I'm very much aware of youtube thanks and am looking am not looking for standard ride throughs. more behind the scenes stuff.

Look at martinsvids.net then, he has pretty much all of the stuff (and lots more) FOR FREE that the extinct attractions DVD's were charging for

Axle1986

Original Poster
Thanks :) I am a big fan of Martins' videos. Was just looking for more. Greedy me. ha.

Which still puzzles me, when others do much the same thing....:shrug:

I guess it was because they were actually charging for the product, in violation of copyright, while others like Martin who generously provide their videos online for free dont?

I'm thankful regardless. Being in Australia, WDW isnt close by. I guess ill live vicariously through the vids. :lol:

wdwfan22

In addition to charging for the videos, they also claimed quite a bit of money from sales went to various charities, and come to find out that didn't happen. He also sold audio on his site from attractions and everyone knows that's a big NO NO ;)

blm07

It wasn't the videos that got them shut down, it was the audio CDs that they sold. People on MagicMusic and kept pushing Disney to have the site shut down, which I agree with. The audio CDs were just a bunch of CDRs with mp3s from the internet, they were terrible. Also, their track record of actually sending DVDs or CDs to customers was terrible. Some on time, some late and some not at all. They did claim to give to charity, but it was so sketchy.

For their videos though, they did some how manage to get interviews with Imagineers, and the Haunted Mansion video is actually very cool. It features Tony Baxter walking through the HM with the lights on. The videos of the actual rides I heard was subpar, but I'd love to see the ones with Imagineers. They even got Neil Patrick Harris for some of the videos.

Axle1986

Original Poster
For their videos though, they did some how manage to get interviews with Imagineers, and the Haunted Mansion video is actually very cool. It features Tony Baxter walking through the HM with the lights on. The videos of the actual rides I heard was subpar, but I'd love to see the ones with Imagineers. They even got Neil Patrick Harris for some of the videos.

That's the bit i was interested in! I love Martin's videos, but I was yearning for interviews with Imagineers. I saw a trailer on youtube for a Haunted Mansion dvd i think they made which had quite a few 1 on 1 interviews which caught my attention. The Baxter HM walk thru video is very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom